Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mom, I need you to ground me. Update on my daughter. Page 15

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 199 Replies
7 moms liked this

I decided to go ahead and make a new post about this interesting turn in events.

Last night my dd went to church with her friends. They were supposed to come home about 9:30. 9:00 last night dd calls me, (I'm at my Sil's house spending the night)

DD "Mom...I need you to ground me."

Me "What happened?"

DD "I went to the Nazarene tonight" (Bad church she's not allowed to go to) "I'm so suh suh sorry!" *Crying* "I knew I shouldn't have gone but Alisha talked me into it and then Bob (Youth leader) said we'd go to Sonic's to eat. But the food was nasty and I felt so guilty and the girls were being mean to me and Mariah said I was messed up for going because you trusted me and I broke your trust *Crying harder now* I feel so stupid! Alisha is always peer pressuring me. I don't why I listen to her. I should have gone to the other church. I wish I listened to you. I wish I was with you. I don't want to hang out with them anymore.

After, we had a long talk. I told her I was proud of her for telling me. Then she decided that the best thing for her would be to take a break from the girls. She's going to take a month off and just spend some quality time with family. We made plans for her to teach 6yo dd how to cook and play video games with 8yo ds. I'll be paying her for helping me out with the kids at the library. She wants to save her money so we can go to the movies together.

In essence, my 13 year old daughter has grounded herself,lol. But more importantly, she came to these conclusions on her own. I'm glad I gave her the room to learn, I knew she would make the right choices if given enough time.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilysMom2010
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Beenhereforever
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds good. Im glad for you both.
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Wonderful! 

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Good deal
desertlvn
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
6 moms liked this

While it sounds good, I wonder why the child had to be the grown-up here. What if she hadn't realized the trouble she was getting into and had gotten in over her head?

starryeyez23
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats awesome that she did that on her own!
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Oh me too. It was hard letting her go. I just wanted to jump in and make the choices for. I'm glad I didn't :-)

Quoting Beenhereforever:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
You already know how I feel about this. ;-)

Good job.
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Sigh... it's not being the "grown up", it's learning for yourself. I'm raising an independednt child who will in a few short years be (hopefully) an independednt adult. She had to learn for herself. If I jumped in and made all her choices for her, how is she going to learn?

And what kind of trouble do you think she could have gotten into at church?

Quoting desertlvn:

While it sounds good, I wonder why the child had to be the grown-up here. What if she hadn't realized the trouble she was getting into and had gotten in over her head?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Beenhereforever
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this
I think it's great that she is taking responsibility.. You're doing a good job momma. :-)

Quoting paganbaby:

Oh me too. It was hard letting her go. I just wanted to jump in and make the choices for. I'm glad I didn't :-)

Quoting Beenhereforever:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN