Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Does a company's religious background/affiliation affect you?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM
  • 143 Replies

Do you base your decisions to shop or eat somewhere based on the company's religious background or views?

Sure, we remember the Chick-Fil-A "scandal" over the COO's comments about gay marriage, but do you know other companies' religous affiliations? Do you care?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
famiglia_bella
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes, yes.

bluerooffarm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope.

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I don't shop at Hobby Lobby because of their fanatical religious beliefs.

SuperChicken
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM
4 moms liked this

It can.  I don't care what religion a companies owners follow, but if I know they are using their profits to fund things I find objectionable I find somewhere else to spend my money.    Using their religion as an excuse for hate (i.e. Chick Fil A)  doesn't fly with me.

Lizardannie1966
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Just as I don't base my opinions on the whole of a person with respect to their religious beliefs (or lack thereof) or politics, I feel the same about a company or business I may frequent.

Simply, it really doesn't affect me and with only one exception--provided that the company or business is not discriminating against others for lacking the same beliefs.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Yep.

Quoting famiglia_bella:

Sometimes, yes.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Basically this, I don't normally care what the religion of a business owner is. I do care when they start using their business profits to deny rights to others. I am also very concerned with a businesses ethics overall from a social, economic, and environmental standpoint if that makes sense.

Quoting SuperChicken:

It can.  I don't care what religion a companies owners follow, but if I know they are using their profits to fund things I find objectionable I find somewhere else to spend my money.    Using their religion as an excuse for hate (i.e. Chick Fil A)  doesn't fly with me.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Never.  The owner of a corporations religious beliefs or non-beliefs (atheism etc) is their personal business and does not effect me at all. 

stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Sometime yes.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM
4 moms liked this

Sometimes, but I am much more likely to avoid patronizing companies whose policies are not fair to workers and diminish quality of the goods/services available, like Walmart.  My dollars, I get to decide where and why to spend them.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN