Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Does a company's religious background/affiliation affect you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you base your decisions to shop or eat somewhere based on the company's religious background or views?

Sure, we remember the Chick-Fil-A "scandal" over the COO's comments about gay marriage, but do you know other companies' religous affiliations? Do you care?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
tooptimistic
by Kelly on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

That's funny.. I shop at Hobby Lobby because they are Christian.  I like their employees get Sundays off.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I don't shop at Hobby Lobby because of their fanatical religious beliefs.

lga1965
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on whether or not the company is actively trying to undermine groups that they hate, using their money,power, connections.

If they only have beliefs that are different than mine, I don't worry about that and I wouldn't boycott them.

Chik Fil A has been actively contributing to a few organizations tha discriminate against those they hate and make life difficult for them.They are a company that I have lost respect for since I found out what they have been doing.

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I dislike that they try and control women by denying them medications.

Quoting tooptimistic:

That's funny.. I shop at Hobby Lobby because they are Christian.  I like their employees get Sundays off.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Alayna - Wife to Sanjay and mommy to Anjali

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM

This too.  We stopped at a Popeyes one day.  They had all the doors open in there and it was sweltering once you got to the counter near the kitchen.  I asked if the AC was broke because I couldn't imagine they were standing around in the heat for no reason.  They told me it had been broke for a year.  That just pissed me off.  It's going to get to over 100 in the next few weeks and the owner cares so little for his employees that he can't be bothered to fix the AC.  I called corporate and complained.  That's just pathetic to treat your employees like that.

Quoting momtoscott:

Sometimes, but I am much more likely to avoid patronizing companies whose policies are not fair to workers and diminish quality of the goods/services available, like Walmart.  My dollars, I get to decide where and why to spend them.  

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Respectfully disagree..

They don't want to pay for something they are opposed to.  The women can still purchase birth control, so they are not denyed anything.  They can get their rx during their yearly check up which is covered.  They just have to pay for the birth control themselves.  No one is controlling anyone.  It could be said that people who agree with you are trying to control others whose religious beliefs prohibit birth control and abortions.

When I was on BC, my insurance didn't cover it and I had to pay for it.  It wasn't the end of the world.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

TugBoatMama
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM

This

Quoting LaughCryLive:

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

This is why I dislike Christians.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Respectfully disagree..

They don't want to pay for something they are opposed to.  The women can still purchase birth control, so they are not denyed anything.  They can get their rx during their yearly check up which is covered.  They just have to pay for the birth control themselves.  No one is controlling anyone.  It could be said that people who agree with you are trying to control others whose religious beliefs prohibit birth control and abortions.

When I was on BC, my insurance didn't cover it and I had to pay for it.  It wasn't the end of the world.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I didn't know they sold medication?  I thought HL was a crafts store...

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

? ok..

Quoting LaughCryLive:

This is why I dislike Christians.

Quoting tooptimistic:

Respectfully disagree..

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM

They provide insurance for their workers.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

I didn't know they sold medication?  I thought HL was a crafts store...

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN