Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's Wrong With This Picture

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM
  • 104 Replies

Do you see what is wrong with this picture or do you see anything wrong at all?

Article here.

If this were your child, how would You have handled this situation?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperChicken
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw that the other day :(  So sad.  Couldn't they have shifted all the kids to the end of the bench and moved the teacher to the other side?  

survivorinohio
by René on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

They had the kids sitting which would have helped had they arranged them from the edge of the bleachers over rather than centering them on the bleachers

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

bluerooffarm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM

That photgrapher should hae known better!

desertlvn
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM

So sad. I think I would have taken the pic into the director and explained why it is a problem and how the pic could be done differently in the future. I would be in that school a LOT to make sure this stuff isn't a daily occurrence.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I'm thinking after this, they wont be making that same mistake again.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I would flip and the school would be taking a retake or facing a lawsuit.

Lizardannie1966
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM

About the only reason I can think of for the photographer/school to even consider doing this is for safety reasons for the other kid's and the little boy in the wheelchair (possibly running into him while getting up and down the bleachers they were using IF they used both sides for the kid's to climb up).

But there should have been a way around this and as a parent, I would be heart-broken for my child were this my son.

gigis1
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM
2 moms liked this
That could've been such an easy fix. Poor kiddo
bluerooffarm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I'm thinking after this, they wont be making that same mistake again.

I should hope not.  But IMO it should not have been made this time.  One look through the lense should have told that photographer that there was a problem. There is a heartbreaking visual wall between one student and the rest of the class.  It should have been noticed before the picture was snapped. 

momtoscott
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM

The teacher should have been on the other side of the bleachers, problem solved.  Looks like the photographer was in a hurry.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured