Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

aliciahmcclain23 via YouTube

“Didn’t think I could like this dude less,” one Twitter user wrote of Lil Wayne.

Take Our Poll
What should Lil Wayne do after the flag-walking flap?

Political protest or accidental flag faux pas?

Filming for Lil Wayne’s “God Bless Amerika” music video in New Orleans is under scrutiny after a clip of his performance shows an oversized American flag drop to the street before Wayne tramples Old Glory as he raps.

RELATED: PEPSICO CUTS TIES WITH LIL WAYNE OVER OFFENSIVE EMMITT TILL LYRIC

Lil Wayne rapping in front of the flag before it’s dropped to the street below. The clip has drawn outrage from some.

Lil Wayne rapping in front of the flag before it’s dropped to the street below. The clip has drawn outrage from some.

It may have been overlooked, if not for the incendiary lyrics in the song:

“My country ‘tis of thee/ sweet land of kill ‘em all and let ‘em die/ God bless Amerika/ This so godless Amerika … the stars on the flag are never shining,” the song, off this year’s “I Am Not a Human Being II,” goes.

RELATED: PEPSICO CUTS TIES WITH LIL WAYNE OVER OFFENSIVE EMMITT TILL LYRIC

“It is the American flag that is draped across the coffins of our fallen heroes when they come back from war. In fact, any veteran can have a flag on their coffin. As such, it’s entitled to the highest respect,” said John Raughter, an American Legion spokesman.

“It is the American flag that is draped across the coffins of our fallen heroes when they come back from war. In fact, any veteran can have a flag on their coffin. As such, it’s entitled to the highest respect,” said John Raughter, an American Legion spokesman.

The one-minute clip shows Weezy, 30, singing in front of the huge red, white and blue flag before it’s let go onto the Hollygrove, New Orleans, street. The drop reveals a group of people standing behind Wayne as he continues to rap, stepping all over the flag as he dances and moves in his hometown.

“All Americans should treat (the flag) with respect,” said John Raughter, an American Legion spokesman speaking generally about the flag and who admitted he had yet to see the clip. “It is the American flag that is draped across the coffins of our fallen heroes when they come back from war. In fact, any veteran can have a flag on their coffin. As such, it’s entitled to the highest respect.”

RELATED: LIL WAYNE ON HIS SEIZURES: ‘I DON’T FEEL SICK’

“WHAT A DISGRACE!” a commenter wrote online.

“WHAT A DISGRACE!” a commenter wrote online.

Desecration of the American flag is protected by the First Amendment so there’s no chance Wayne would face charges for stepping on the Stars and Stripes.

But posted this weekend, just days after the June 14 Flag Day holiday, the video has since gone viral and prompted mostly outrage.

RELATED: NICKI MINAJ GIVES LIL WAYNE A ‘TWERK’ FILLED LAP DANCE

Lil Wayne sings, “My country ‘tis of thee/ sweet land of kill ‘em all and let ‘em die/ God bless Amerika.”

Lil Wayne sings, “My country ‘tis of thee/ sweet land of kill ‘em all and let ‘em die/ God bless Amerika.”

“Didn’t think I could like this dude less,” one Twitter user wrote.

“WHAT A DISGRACE!” another commenter wrote online.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/watch-lil-wayne-stomps-american-flag-filming-new-music-video-article-1.1375195#ixzz2WZT6obFf

Minnow Slayer

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Replies (101-104):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM
No, I don't. Shipping fireworks is hard. But let me know the prices you see and I will tell you what they should be. I will give you a simple example. Our standard bottle rockets are 2.99. Granted bottle rockets are boring but they are very common. Average price is 12.99 B1G1 at most places. Our price for 500 gram repeaters starts at 15.99. You NEVER see them that low. Our Excalibur mortars (best in the world) are 69.99. The store that opened up down the road(and will close this year as well because he can't compete plus he is from Colorado and I am local) is selling them B1G1 for 269.99. That is 140 each. That is how bad people get screwed.

Quoting Della529:

Do you have online ordering?  Or, can you ship fireworks out of state?

Quoting Carpy:

Phantom is the worst.

Quoting Della529:

We used to have to drive to South Carolina to get anything that left the ground.  Then something changed and Phantom Fireworks showed up in Macclenny, FL - they do the B1G1; what a rip off.  I felt like my purse had been molested, lol :( 

What are the differences in regs and wages?

Quoting Carpy:

I keep getting a "whoops this page appears to be broken" issue on this post. 

But, in response, it is a sad situation.  If fireworks were made in the USA nobody could afford to buy them due to the cost of regulations and wages.   Most places charge a war price for them as it is.  Ours are so fairly priced people come from all over to my store because the savings is worth the drive.  I am curious to know what people are paying for their stuff.   The buy one get one scams are awful.

Quoting Raintree:

Oh absolutely.

And sometimes MiA just means that they made it in a sweatshop in the Northern Mariana Islands. 

trimmed

Seximama89
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I don't really care , I'm not really proud of this country anyways .
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I think it was a stupid thing he did.

gamama6
by Michelle on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I heard about this today but refuse to watch the video, as a military wife just hearing this pisses me off and I actually like some of Lil' Wayne's music :/ I think he should apologize and if he truly is sorry he would cut it from his video. I know some people think it is just a piece of cloth but not for us that think of it as a representation of America and all the soldiers that fought for what it stands for which is freedom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)