Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

aliciahmcclain23 via YouTube

“Didn’t think I could like this dude less,” one Twitter user wrote of Lil Wayne.

Take Our Poll
What should Lil Wayne do after the flag-walking flap?

Political protest or accidental flag faux pas?

Filming for Lil Wayne’s “God Bless Amerika” music video in New Orleans is under scrutiny after a clip of his performance shows an oversized American flag drop to the street before Wayne tramples Old Glory as he raps.

RELATED: PEPSICO CUTS TIES WITH LIL WAYNE OVER OFFENSIVE EMMITT TILL LYRIC

Lil Wayne rapping in front of the flag before it’s dropped to the street below. The clip has drawn outrage from some.

Lil Wayne rapping in front of the flag before it’s dropped to the street below. The clip has drawn outrage from some.

It may have been overlooked, if not for the incendiary lyrics in the song:

“My country ‘tis of thee/ sweet land of kill ‘em all and let ‘em die/ God bless Amerika/ This so godless Amerika … the stars on the flag are never shining,” the song, off this year’s “I Am Not a Human Being II,” goes.

RELATED: PEPSICO CUTS TIES WITH LIL WAYNE OVER OFFENSIVE EMMITT TILL LYRIC

“It is the American flag that is draped across the coffins of our fallen heroes when they come back from war. In fact, any veteran can have a flag on their coffin. As such, it’s entitled to the highest respect,” said John Raughter, an American Legion spokesman.

“It is the American flag that is draped across the coffins of our fallen heroes when they come back from war. In fact, any veteran can have a flag on their coffin. As such, it’s entitled to the highest respect,” said John Raughter, an American Legion spokesman.

The one-minute clip shows Weezy, 30, singing in front of the huge red, white and blue flag before it’s let go onto the Hollygrove, New Orleans, street. The drop reveals a group of people standing behind Wayne as he continues to rap, stepping all over the flag as he dances and moves in his hometown.

“All Americans should treat (the flag) with respect,” said John Raughter, an American Legion spokesman speaking generally about the flag and who admitted he had yet to see the clip. “It is the American flag that is draped across the coffins of our fallen heroes when they come back from war. In fact, any veteran can have a flag on their coffin. As such, it’s entitled to the highest respect.”

RELATED: LIL WAYNE ON HIS SEIZURES: ‘I DON’T FEEL SICK’

“WHAT A DISGRACE!” a commenter wrote online.

“WHAT A DISGRACE!” a commenter wrote online.

Desecration of the American flag is protected by the First Amendment so there’s no chance Wayne would face charges for stepping on the Stars and Stripes.

But posted this weekend, just days after the June 14 Flag Day holiday, the video has since gone viral and prompted mostly outrage.

RELATED: NICKI MINAJ GIVES LIL WAYNE A ‘TWERK’ FILLED LAP DANCE

Lil Wayne sings, “My country ‘tis of thee/ sweet land of kill ‘em all and let ‘em die/ God bless Amerika.”

Lil Wayne sings, “My country ‘tis of thee/ sweet land of kill ‘em all and let ‘em die/ God bless Amerika.”

“Didn’t think I could like this dude less,” one Twitter user wrote.

“WHAT A DISGRACE!” another commenter wrote online.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/watch-lil-wayne-stomps-american-flag-filming-new-music-video-article-1.1375195#ixzz2WZT6obFf

Minnow Slayer

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Replies (41-50):
SlingsAndThings
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Isn't he the guys that drinks alcohol mixed with Rx cough syrup?  If that's who I'm thinking of I never really had any respect for him any way.

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

CafeMom Tickers

armyvet06
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I find what he did was very disrespectful and offensive. No amount of apologies can fix what he did. I never liked him in the first place and this gives me another reason not to like him even more.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Lil Wayne is a perfect example to use when I say I struggle, on occasion, with free speech. I recognize his right but I really wish he would shut up.

This.  Exactly this.

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:07 PM

He's a scum. Don't listen to him, have no intention on listening to him. He must desperately need attention and he knew this would bring it to him. Loser. 

lga1965
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Why anyone would care what he does is a mystery to me. Until today I had no idea that there was a Lil Wayne..He's a stupid profane mentally deficient rapper. That's what I get from this post. Why does it matter ? Ignore him. Maybe he will go away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM

OMG, I just read the lyrics. I don't even have words that is so horrible. Wow. Just wow. And it's not even my family. If it were, I cannot even imagine. :*( Just reading it made me want to throw up.

However, the flag part is pretty terrible too. He should apologize, but, he didn't for the Emmett Till comment, and he won't for this either. :(

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Honestly I was more outraged at his Emmett till comment then him stomping on the flag. In the end he is a no talent rapper and he isn't the first artist to do something messed up to the flag and he isn't the last.

A-nony-mous
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Well...all I can say is that he's getting the attention he clearly wanted to garner.
rfhsure
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM

yes, because this is the WORST thing lil' wayne has ever done in his career.

This doesn't bother me at all, honestly. I've never liked him anyway. But this flag thing doesn't make it any worse. 

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine is. Annin flag company.

Quoting Raintree:

I don't really pay any attention to this kind of music, so...

For those saying the flag is more than fabric, how about requiring the flags you purchase to be made in America rather than China?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)