Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

41 Child Sex Crime Suspects Arrested in Massive Sting That Makes Our Skin Crawl

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 37 Replies

41 Child Sex Crime Suspects Arrested in Massive Sting That Makes Our Skin Crawl

by Sasha Brown-Worsham

Polk County arrests 41A massive arrest in Polk County Florida -- the biggest of its kind -- nabbed 41 adults (40 men and one woman) on various child sex crimes. While the arrest is obviously great news in terms of victimization of children, the details are extremely disheartening.

In the end, 41 people traveled from all over the country to take part in what they thought was going to be sex with underage girls and boys. Sick, sick, sick. And while the sting is great news and 41 pedophiles are off the street, the reality is we don't have enough jail cells to contain all the sick people and this stuff just keeps on happening.

Sure, 41 are off the street, but how many more are there?

This group included a football coach, theme park employees, and many more. This means that some of these people worked with and around children as part of their career. Many of them were married and probably appeared "normal."

These are the kinds of stories that make you question the people you know. These people probably seemed like stand up citizens -- an accountant, a tax preparer, an insurance salesman. And yet there they were, attempting to exploit and hurt minors.

We can all pretend like this is a great thing and in many ways, it is. These people are off the streets and hooray! We are doing things to protect children. But this problem is so much bigger than us. The root of pedophilia is still not being explored. We are catching the overflow, but not stopping the leak.

Maybe it's impossible. Maybe there will always be sick people in any society and maybe the best we can do is arrest and punish them. But it seems like we should be doing something more.

It just keeps happening again and again and again and punishment clearly does not stop it.

What do you think can be done about pedophilia?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seashell77
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I am very happy to hear that these people were caught and now locked up and the kids that were going to be harmed are now protected and safe.

This type of crime seems to be happening way way too often and I believe the punishments are not severe enough. If all the studies show that pedophiles can't be reformed and when released mostly return to harm children, then they need to be treated differently. That is to protect children. I know pedophiles have rights too, but we must think about putting the rights of the victims who are children "ahead of" the criminals. Perhaps jail for life is "the only" solution, until society figures out "how" to cure (if this is even possible) pedophiliacs and to effectively treat this horrible human condition of pedophilia..

prommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Let the mommies and the daddies of the victims have these creeps in a locked room with a pair of hand cuffs and a couple of baseball bats for about an hour.  

LuvmyAiden
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:57 AM
5 moms liked this

Sex crimes should be capitial offenses. End of story. Nearly all of them repeat offend. Nip the problem in the bud AND avoid the cost of housing them. Seems like common sense to me.

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:19 AM
3 moms liked this

Short rope, tall tree.  Pedophiles cannot be rehabilitated.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I wish I could really say here. My BIL got caught in one of those To Catch a Predator type stings. My DH thinks his brother isn't really after children but that he'll simply have sex with anyone. Does that make it better? Not in my opinion. I keep my kids close. Anyway, it's been over 10 years since he was caught in that and he's never been in trouble since. He's just creepy as hell.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM

No. It takes a lot for me to report someone. You are a troll and an attention seeker. You will be kicked out of this forum very quickly if you keep writing racist as fuck things. So if you want to stick around, watch what you type. People like me are in the majority on this board. 

Quoting SherryBerry106:

Are you like the Po-po here?

Quoting mehaml1:
Well I reported it so let's see what happens. That was more racist than usual. Keep that up and she won't last long. 
Quoting ashellbell:
I have a feeling life hasn't been too kind to her. Bitterness is such an ugly shade. She's pretty extreme, she just does it for attention.
SherryBerry106
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM

My very good guess is that you are the racist.

I never even initimated which ones might be here illegally.

But you seemed to know.

Quoting mehamil1:

No. It takes a lot for me to report someone. You are a troll and an attention seeker. You will be kicked out of this forum very quickly if you keep writing racist as fuck things. So if you want to stick around, watch what you type. People like me are in the majority on this board. 

Quoting SherryBerry106:

Quoting mehaml1:
Well I reported it so let's see what happens. That was more racist than usual. Keep that up and she won't last long. 
Quoting ashellbell:
I have a feeling life hasn't been too kind to her. Bitterness is such an ugly shade. She's pretty extreme, she just does it for attention.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Playing coy and stupid will get you the boot that much faster. 

Quoting SherryBerry106:

But you seemed to know.

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting SherryBerry106:

Quoting mehaml1:
Quoting ashellbell:
I have a feeling life hasn't been too kind to her. Bitterness is such an ugly shade. She's pretty extreme, she just does it for attention
SherryBerry106
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Could not possibly care less what you think by the way.

Quoting SherryBerry106:

But you seemed to know.

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting SherryBerry106:

Quoting mehaml1:
Quoting ashellbell:
I have a feeling life hasn't been too kind to her. Bitterness is such an ugly shade. She's pretty extreme, she just does it for attention

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Good. I prefer it that way. 

Quoting SherryBerry106:

Could not possibly care less what you think by the way.

Quoting SherryBerry106:

But you seemed to know.

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting SherryBerry106:

Quoting mehaml1:
Quoting ashellbell:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)