Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Meredith Kercher Killed in 'Sex Game Gone Wrong', According to Surprising New Documents

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 22 Replies

Meredith Kercher Killed in 'Sex Game Gone Wrong', According to Surprising New Documents

by Nicole Fabian-Weber

amanda knoxIn March, the Italian Supreme Court ordered Amanda Knox back for a retrial for Meredith Kercher's murder, and now, in a 74-page document, they've explained their reasoning. The high court says that Knox's acquittal was full of "deficiencies, contradictions and illogical" conclusions. They want to reopen the trial and get a fresh look at evidence to determine whether or not Amanda did, in fact, kill Meredith Kercher. But perhaps the most fascinating, and most disturbing, part of the document is the fact that the court is now claiming that Meredith Kercher was killed in a sex game gone wrong -- a theory that was dismissed a long time ago -- and that more than one person was involved in her murder, not just Rudy Guede.

The document says that the appeal process would be to "not only demonstrate the presence of the two suspects in the place of the crime, but to possibly outline the subjective position of Guede's accomplices." It also states the hypotheses that Kercher was involved in some sort of case of forced sex that lead to "a group erotic game that blew up and got out of control."

We're never going to know what exactly happened the night that the poor college student was killed. I, like many people, go back and forth between believing Knox is innocent and being unsure. It's important that the case is cracked and justice is served (and let's be honest, we're all dying to know what happened), but fact is, it's never going to bring back Meredith Kercher -- and that has to kill her grieving parents.

The Amanda Knox/Meredith Kercher case has been one of the most closely-watched, sensationalized trials in history. And although we all want to know the details -- no matter how gory and salacious they are -- we've got to remember, Kercher's parents are still here. And bringing up this sex game theory again -- even if it does prove to be true -- has to be absolutely awful for them.

Who knows what, if anything, will come of ordering Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito back to trial. But hopefully someday Meredith Kercher's family will be able to find peace and be able to think of their daughter without the media circus and awful details that have surrounded her for so many years now.

What do you think of this?
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM
6 moms liked this

I think that if the US extradite they are going against their own laws and traditions.

I also think that they are grasping at straws. 

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I believe that the Italian government has an obligation the the Kercher family to exhaust all possible avenues to ensure that all are brought to justice for the murder of their daughter, sister, friend. 

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

As far as I am concerned this case is closed.  It may have happened in Italy, but she is a US citizen in the US...sending her back for retrial would be double jeopardy.

She may be guilty..idk..it seems like they mucked this one up from the beginning.

romalove
by Roma on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM
3 moms liked this

I think the Italian court is trying to save face.  The case is and has been a disaster from day one.

gilbertgrl627
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Quoting romalove:I think the Italian court is trying to save face.  The case is and has been a disaster from day one.

Exactly.
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM

The court is trying to save face and the justice system in italy is pretty much screwed in general. They should leave her alone and let it go because at this point they are grasping at straws.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Quoting yourspecialkid:

As far as I am concerned this case is closed.  It may have happened in Italy, but she is a US citizen in the US...sending her back for retrial would be double jeopardy.

She may be guilty..idk..it seems like they mucked this one up from the beginning.

I was wondering if Italy has Double Jeopardy. I don't think they would send her back. 

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I was wondering if Italy has Double Jeopardy. I don't think they would send her back. 

IDK...it doesn't seem that way.  I don't think the US has any interest in sending her back.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Leave the kid alone.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:06 AM
3 moms liked this
I think that the Italian court system is full of shit. I also believe that Amanda Knox is innocent. The Italian justice system has messed this case up from the beginning. They need to leave her alone.

The US shouldn't extradite.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)