Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Just "Who", or "What" is Dr. Tara J. Palmatier?

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, ladies, this is a spin-off of Future Shock's post about women entrapping men by getting pregnant.

I wanted to know WHY this supposed "woman" shrink was so one-sided against women--- SURELY, a Wiki post somewhere existed that would explain why. I have found some images that are supposed to be her, but cannot be sure...

I propose that this "woman" is a fake.At least with Ann Coulter, you know she WAS born... This entity, well, do a little searching with Google, Bing, etc., and let me know if you find any REAL info other than blogs or articles purported to be written by her..

Here is an example of her "work". I did not slog through all of the videos, but the ones I watched were enough to tell me I didn't want to waste my time watching women hating on women... WHERE did they get these women? PAY THEM???

http://www.avoiceformen.com/womens-voice/

Women

A COLLECTION OF ARTICLES, VIDEOS, WEB SITE, AND OTHER RESOURCES BY WOMEN SPEAKING OUT AGAINST HATEFUL GENDER IDEOLOGY:

This page was created a few years ago and in the time since it was created the men’s movement has grown at an explosive rate, with not just men but women joining at a rate too fast to even keep up with. At this point there are far too many women involved in the men’s movement to list even a small fraction of them. However, here are a few videos and articles we think you may find salient, all by women:

VIDEOS

ARTICLES

Furthermore, if you are a woman who is interested in the Men’s Human Rights Movement, you may wish to particularly note the following articles by women on this site:

To The Women Lurking on the Fringes.

Feminism and the Disposable Male.

The Family Terrorist.

Leaving the Sisterhood: A Recovering Feminist Speaks

Manufacturing Female Victims, Marginalizing Vulnerable Men.

BL

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
joyfree
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

INTERESTING! If you read that first link, there is a post supposedly from 'Dr. Tara", and she says that she is a member of a Cafemom private group. HMMMM.

Calling 'Dr" Tara: What schools did you attend if you are indeed a REAL psychologist?

liar

Quoting Aestas:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Aestas:

A Voice for Men is a hate site, plain and simple.

They seem to have had problems with CafeMom in the past: LINK

And also P.Z.Myers: LINK

Yeah, they're nuts.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I read their complaint email and seriously, what a bunch of whiny little bitches.
Cafemom took out the supposedly most offensive thing about the post which was a question about reasonable response to abuse, not nearly enough because that mean woman still made jokes about defenseless sleeping penises, I mean men, so cafemom adjusts the damn content to soften it. Still a slap in the face to men everywhere and their pain at another man's penis removal, and so they stamp their foot and call cafemom a bunch of liars who won't admit how awful it all is and remove it entirely. Then cafemom was accused of engaging in a cover-up about the true and awful manner of the original text.

I might have to go be a troll at their site. They'll likely threaten to do something horrible and sexually sadistic to me. And then get hot pockets from their mom's freezer to assuage the ache. I'm giddy with excitement.

Quoting joyfree:

INTERESTING! If you read that first link, there is a post supposedly from 'Dr. Tara", and she says that she is a member of a Cafemom private group. HMMMM.

Calling 'Dr" Tara: What schools did you attend if you are indeed a REAL psychologist?

liar

Quoting Aestas:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Aestas:

A Voice for Men is a hate site, plain and simple.

They seem to have had problems with CafeMom in the past: LINK

And also P.Z.Myers: LINK

Yeah, they're nuts.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Bump dammit!
joyfree
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I do not know why this post is getting so little attention... I am more than a little outraged at many of their ideas... I GET it that there are some loopy women out there who abuse men and try to trap them into marriage or a load of child support, but in truth, it's more likely that accidental pregnancies happen and people sometimes make hard decisions out of fear and desperation...But this "Dr" Tara seems to place the blame squarely on the shoulders of women in a disproportionate amount.

It stinks like a skunk to me.

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I responded with the following in the other thread.  Thought I would include it here, too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a little bit of snooping around and she seems quite invisible.

The shrink4men site reads:

Source:

Dr Tara holds a PsyD in Clinical Psychology and an MSc in Counseling Psychology. She has over 15 years of experience delivering direct services to diverse populations in a variety of settings. Dr Tara completed and successfully defended her doctoral dissertation, Ce ci n’est pas une these: An applied psychoanalysis of Rene Magritte, in 2004.

The dissertation mentioned is listed at the Antioch University New England website:

Quote:
Source

Tara J. Palmatier (2004)

Ceci N'Est Pas Une These is an applied psychoanalysis of the twentieth century Surrealist artist, Rene Magritte. Multiple levels of analysis are incorporated in this endeavor. Biographical information, including family background and developmental history, is examined. The interior life of the artist is explored, particularly in regard to the impact of childhood trauma on his artwork during a critical period in his adulthood. A psychoanalytic perspective is implemented to enable a deeper exploration of the vast reservoir of unconscious material represented in Magritte's paintings. Two paintings, from a period in Magritte's life during which he was in considerable emotional turmoil are examined. The theoretical concepts employed to analyze these works include early parental object loss, incomplete mourning, repetition compulsion, and creativity.

This background information from Zoominfo which really doesn't provide all that much detail:

Source:

Background

Employment History

Board Memberships and Affiliations

Education

• M.Sc. , counseling psychology
  • Psy.D. , clinical psychology
  • PsyD
  • MsC
  • BA

I also checked her name thru the APA website to verify her membership and this was the result:

Source:

Your search did not match any psychologists
Suggestions:
  • Check the spelling of your search words
  • Check that your entered zip code is correct
  • Try a more generalized search
In fairness, I have not checked at the BPS website.

joyfree
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I saw some of that last night...

I'm smelling a PHONY skunk!

Quoting Della529:

I responded with the following in the other thread.  Thought I would include it here, too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source:

Dr Tara holds a PsyD in Clinical Psychology and an MSc in Counseling Psychology. She has over 15 years of experience delivering direct services to diverse populations in a variety of settings. Dr Tara completed and successfully defended her doctoral dissertation, Ce ci n’est pas une these: An applied psychoanalysis of Rene Magritte, in 2004.

The dissertation mentioned is listed at the Antioch University New England website:

Quote:
Source

Tara J. Palmatier (2004)

Ceci N'Est Pas Une These is an applied psychoanalysis of the twentieth century Surrealist artist, Rene Magritte. Multiple levels of analysis are incorporated in this endeavor. Biographical information, including family background and developmental history, is examined. The interior life of the artist is explored, particularly in regard to the impact of childhood trauma on his artwork during a critical period in his adulthood. A psychoanalytic perspective is implemented to enable a deeper exploration of the vast reservoir of unconscious material represented in Magritte's paintings. Two paintings, from a period in Magritte's life during which he was in considerable emotional turmoil are examined. The theoretical concepts employed to analyze these works include early parental object loss, incomplete mourning, repetition compulsion, and creativity.

This background information from Zoominfo which really doesn't provide all that much detail:

Source:

Background

Employment History

Education

• PsyD
  • MsC
  • BA

I also checked her name thru the APA website to verify her membership and this was the result:

Source:

Suggestions:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

This is indeed interesting.

I can't say I blame you at all for trying to check out some one who claims to be an expert.

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

One of the oddest things, imo, is not listing the colleges she (if she actually is a she) attended.  I mean - she listed the dd, but nothing about where or when she went to university.  If I recall correctly, another woman at the 4men site had her employment and education listed.

Yep, she did:

Natalie Malonis, JD

Ms Malonis is a solo practitioner in Denton County, Tarrant County, Collin County and Dallas County Texas.  100% of her practice is family law, with an emphasis on high-conflict divorce and custody cases. Ms Malonis is one of only a few practitioners in the area who specifically address the issues of men divorcing abusive women. She is also a court-appointed attorney ad litem for children and parents involved in child welfare cases.

Ms Malonis did her undergraduate in Economics at Vassar, 1988. She received her JD from SMU in 1991 and was licensed by the State Bar of Texas the same year.

Quoting joyfree:

I saw some of that last night...

I'm smelling a PHONY skunk!

Quoting Della529:

Source:

Quote:
Source

Tara J. Palmatier (2004)

Source:

Background

Employment History

Education

• PsyD
  • MsC
  • BA

Source:

Suggestions:

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I wondered that, too. 

"recovering feminist"   ha. 

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:42 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting AdrianneHill:

I might have to go be a troll at their site. They'll likely threaten to do something horrible and sexually sadistic to me. And then get hot pockets from their mom's freezer to assuage the ache. I'm giddy with excitement.

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)