Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Just "Who", or "What" is Dr. Tara J. Palmatier?

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, ladies, this is a spin-off of Future Shock's post about women entrapping men by getting pregnant.

I wanted to know WHY this supposed "woman" shrink was so one-sided against women--- SURELY, a Wiki post somewhere existed that would explain why. I have found some images that are supposed to be her, but cannot be sure...

I propose that this "woman" is a fake.At least with Ann Coulter, you know she WAS born... This entity, well, do a little searching with Google, Bing, etc., and let me know if you find any REAL info other than blogs or articles purported to be written by her..

Here is an example of her "work". I did not slog through all of the videos, but the ones I watched were enough to tell me I didn't want to waste my time watching women hating on women... WHERE did they get these women? PAY THEM???

http://www.avoiceformen.com/womens-voice/

Women

A COLLECTION OF ARTICLES, VIDEOS, WEB SITE, AND OTHER RESOURCES BY WOMEN SPEAKING OUT AGAINST HATEFUL GENDER IDEOLOGY:

This page was created a few years ago and in the time since it was created the men’s movement has grown at an explosive rate, with not just men but women joining at a rate too fast to even keep up with. At this point there are far too many women involved in the men’s movement to list even a small fraction of them. However, here are a few videos and articles we think you may find salient, all by women:

VIDEOS

ARTICLES

Furthermore, if you are a woman who is interested in the Men’s Human Rights Movement, you may wish to particularly note the following articles by women on this site:

To The Women Lurking on the Fringes.

Feminism and the Disposable Male.

The Family Terrorist.

Leaving the Sisterhood: A Recovering Feminist Speaks

Manufacturing Female Victims, Marginalizing Vulnerable Men.

BL

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Replies (51-60):
Della529
by Matlock on Aug. 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

^^...??

MonaSekhmet
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting stormcris:

So you do not like that she calls women on entrapment but the same done by a man would be demanded to be criminalized and in fact is ....it is called reproduction abuse. I worry when people think it is prefectly ok for a man to be called an abuser but when a woman does it the man is told they should be responsible. 

I don't think anyone here thinks it's ok for anyone to abuse or treat anyone in any fashion other than fair and equal.

I personally came here to find out information on this 'so called Doctor'... because I am looking up information on the difference between sociopaths and megalomaniacs in women. My best friend's brother comitted suicide because of issues regarding an ongoing abusive relationship with a spouse. Ipersonally was abused by my spouse, and generally there is a vast difference between the types of abuse done by males and females.

Abusers come in all different shapes and sizes, they are not male of female, large or small, black or white, young or old.. or any singular anything.

I think this thread is simply to clarify who this woman (?) is, and what her qualifications really are. These days, there is so much garbage on the internet (and elsewhere), sources should always be verified.

No person should ever be targeted. Period. No male, no female, no child, no adult. 

Now.. Sorry for the last post, I didn't realize when I repliied to a singular post, it would not post to that one, but to the entire thread. Hope this clarifies.

Onestepcloser22
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 4:02 AM

Just curious....for the ones who are offended by men's rights and having resources online for men, abusers?  feminazi's, and basically don't want men to become aware of the fact that women are  and can be abusive?  That women alienate a father's kids from him?  You will not find me supporting abuse to either sex nor do I find either sex superior to the other.

Have I do have a problem with is any human being systematically torn down and becoming a shred of who they were.  You will not find very many resources for men, but women have numerous.  Wife hit a man?  Good luck trying to get the cops to be on board with that.  Shows like "Everybody Loves Raymond" that depicts a husband/father to take being treated like a subhuman by the wife?

I don't think so and apparently alot of other people.

I have nothing against women who don't alienate a father or treat their husband with respect.  I DO have issues with sociopathic women who break down their partners to total submission for it to continue.

God bless Dr T and Paul Elam.

Its.me.Sam.
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:04 AM

there is a good site - its called The Good Men Project
http://goodmenproject.com/about/ 

Quoting Aestas:

A Voice for Men is a hate site, plain and simple. Those dudes have some serious, serious issues. I cannot imagine what, short of a very bad case of Stockholm Syndrome, would possess a woman to get on board with the likes of them.

Aestas
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this

That used to be a good site. It has unfortunately gone downhill, and they have published some pretty sexist pieces in the last couple of years. I eventually stopped reading it.

Here's an article that does a pretty good job of explaining the problems with the site:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/47929/how-did-the-good-men-project-get-hijacked-by-such-bad-guys

There are men whose work on gender issues is really good, though. Jackson Katz and Robert Jensen come to mind.

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

Quoting Aestas:

A Voice for Men is a hate site, plain and simple. Those dudes have some serious, serious issues. I cannot imagine what, short of a very bad case of Stockholm Syndrome, would possess a woman to get on board with the likes of them.

Its.me.Sam.
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i kind of dont understand... the site discussed rape from the male perspective.. showing s how they think and that is bad?  was it just that one article that is problematic?  
i recently read a book called Inexcusable.  it a young adult book that is the account of a (date/acquaintance)rape from the guys perspective.  its not easy to read that stuff, but it is important to see things through their eyes - so we can protect ourselves and work on educating men/young men.

Quoting Aestas:

That used to be a good site. It has unfortunately gone downhill, and they have published some pretty sexist pieces in the last couple of years. I eventually stopped reading it.

Here's an article that does a pretty good job of explaining the problems with the site:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/47929/how-did-the-good-men-project-get-hijacked-by-such-bad-guys

There are men whose work on gender issues is really good, though. Jackson Katz and Robert Jensen come to mind.

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

Quoting Aestas:

Aestas
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM

It was more than one article, and they were basically putting forward the idea that sometimes rape is just a misunderstanding or an accident or something...like if a girl is being nice to you before she passes out at a party, it's maybe okay or at least understandable to rape her unconscious body.

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

i kind of dont understand... the site discussed rape from the male perspective.. showing s how they think and that is bad?  was it just that one article that is problematic?  
i recently read a book called Inexcusable.  it a young adult book that is the account of a (date/acquaintance)rape from the guys perspective.  its not easy to read that stuff, but it is important to see things through their eyes - so we can protect ourselves and work on educating men/young men.

Quoting Aestas:

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

Quoting Aestas:

angelinaclack
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Did you ever find out any info on the ginger without a soul?

joyfree
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Not much... One poster claimed to know her, but the "Doc" has a very tiny online presence for SOME reason. Must be to keep the crazed, wicked ex-wives from showing up at her door, IF she is really a living woman.

However, I have not looked for anything about her for a long time.

Quoting angelinaclack:

Did you ever find out any info on the ginger without a soul?

angelinaclack
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

She doesn't really show up online until 2007/2008 and it's all planted. It's pretty good but they didn't create a back story and that's where they messed up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)