Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Spanking For Jesus ~

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 24 Replies

Just wondering if you are Christian what your thoughts are on this type of stuff?   Seems to me a bunch of men are once again using Christianity/Christ as an excuse for abusive behavior.  If you dont agree with this would you be willing to advocate for it to stop?  Would you be willing to challenge someone who believes in this?

http://jezebel.com/spanking-for-jesus-is-exactly-as-fucked-up-as-it-soun-514271243

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Ephesians 5:22–24

Wives and Husbands

22 zWives, asubmit to your own husbands, bas to the Lord. 23 For cthe husband is the head of the wife even as dChrist is the head of the church, his body, and is ehimself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit fin everything to their husbands.

Proverbs 23:13–14

13  Do not withhold ndiscipline from a child;

oif you strike him with a rod, he will not die.

14  If you strike him with the rod,

you will psave his soul from Sheol.

Proverbs 13:24

24  cWhoever spares the rod hates his son,

but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.5

prommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:55 AM

There are fringe groups/crazies in every religious group on the planet. Jesus doesn't want men to spank their wives..he was all about love and peace, not physical violence. People who harm others/ go to war in his name  etc. just don't get it, much like other people who violate the tenets of their own religious beliefs.

prommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Thank you for making this a legitimate question instead of yet another smack down post. smile mini

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM

(source : a blog post by a woman in a CDD relationship)

The hairbrush

A little bigger brush than Samuel uses...

A word on hairbrushes:

Here is what I wrote first on this subject, when Samuel asked me to:
Just say no! I hate that hairbrush. He makes me keep it in my purse. As a reminder, he says. I hate that hairbrush.

Here is what I wrote after a little reflection ... and a couple of threats to see it in action:
As far as implements are concerned, the hairbrush, or any wooden implement, is among my least favorite toys in Samuel's vast arsenal. When he tells me to go get the hairbrush, I feel pure concentrated dread. A little goes a long way with a hairbrush. This glaringly obvious fact seems to escape many an HoH. And while they think they may be "taking it easy on you," just its very use is a notch up on the disciplinary rung among implements. Wood is unforgiving: the sting seems to last longer; the bite is more cutting.

Thankfully, it's not used on me casually or often. When it is, it is a very effective "bad behavior" deterrent. I'd rather be spanked with anything else ... and Samuel knows it.

Samuel insists that I keep it in my purse at all times. A rather cumbersome obligation, since it is large and heavy and awkward to fumble around when trying to locate smaller objects, such as my keys. We had discussed me having permission to remove it, since we were seldom using it. Samuel did let me take it out for a while several months ago, but something happened - neither of us remembers the details - and now it is back in its hated place.

There is something unique about the hairbrush in that, unlike many other implements, most people would not suspect the various possible ways it can be used. This is not the case, for example, with paddles or a tawse or a strap. In this respect, the hairbrush is like the belt: It's always nearby, and looks quite innocent, but ... there it is, lurking in the dark recesses of my purse, hoping for the opportunity to be applied to more than my head!

Tonna

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Quoting prommy:

Jesus doesn't want men to spank their wives..he was all about love and peace, not physical violence.

Does that apply to children too?

prommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting prommy:

Jesus doesn't want men to spank their wives..he was all about love and peace, not physical violence.

Of course. Did you have a specific point you wanted to make?

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Quoting celticwych:

Seems to me a bunch of men are once again using Christianity/Christ as an excuse for abusive behavior.

If so, it is because it is very easy to interpret the words in the Bible as supporting that position.

You'd think the author would have been more careful to be unambiguous.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Quoting prommy:
Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting prommy:

Of course. Did you have a specific point you wanted to make?

Yes.

There seems to be a correlation between Christians into 'domestic discipline', and Christians into corporal punishment of children.

celticwych
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Nope not slamming anyone here. The great thing about the USA is we are able to have our own thoughts and live the way we'd like (to a degree) even if others dont like it or agree.  I personally think this way of living is disgusting.  But......if you or anyone thinks its the way to be then okay.  I'd just like to understand I guess why violence has to be apart of worshipping and living a christian life.  I do not agree with spanking at any age.  Is there a difference between S&M and adult women willing bending over to be spanked by there husbands?  I dont get it and honestly would like to understand those who do get it.

Quoting prommy:

Thank you for making this a legitimate question instead of yet another smack down post. smile mini

lovemymini
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't spank for Jesus.  I spank when my son deserves to be spanked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)