Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I have noticed, far, far away in a place called cyberland, that there are a lot of bullies on line. They read something that someone else has written, and attack with vicious words and disgusting names. Maybe they think that foul language and anonymous attacks make them tough, I don't know. Like saying a word like c--- is hard. lol, saying dysdadochokinesis is hard. For most people. I have noticed that bullies, whether in a chat group somewhere, or on the playground, are quick to complain and cry when anyone stands up to them. That's not tough. That's immature and weak. And they get offended so easily! Boo hoo, she doesn't like bullies, she insulted me, sniffle sniffle. No, not liking bullies is a general thing, and does not refer to any specific person. And, if a person is a bully, calling them a bully is not an insult. I admit it, I don't like or respect bullies. I think they are little people taking their bitterness and rage out on others. What do you think?

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Replies (361-366):
jcribb16
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Funny you should say that.  Because of a wee little thing that happened recently to keep certain ones out of a certain group - you have no room to talk about how someone "sucks" at something...

Quoting glitterteaz:

It was done publically so it can stay public are you her body guard? LOL you certainly suck at it. Maybe you should share that advice with your buddy! 

Quoting jcribb16:

Ha ha ha ha!!!  You are just too humorous!  Lolololol!!!  If you have such a major problem with her, then take it to pm, or take it up with CM, and leave it out of the public posts.  

Sure, you can call her what ever you darn well please - with the understanding that some will challenge you on that, or perhaps use that "Abuse Button" that CM so wisely thought ahead would be needed in extreme cases.  

The one definite thing about hate/name-calling, too, is when name calling is taken to a certain level of hate, it only makes the name caller look foolish, with pouting showing itself, temper taking over, and true inside colors glaring outward.  

Quoting glitterteaz:

Oh really cause I am pretty damn sure that is EXACTLY what she used as an excuse to ME!!! So their fucks your rumors bull shit. I will call her what ever I damned well please when she takes pleasure in calling me and my friends specific barn animals. I think you need to regroup cause you have no fucking clue what your talking about making you look like the fool here.

Quoting jcribb16:

And now you are gossiping and spreading false info, as well.  Or perhaps I should say you are really exaggerating to make her look bad.  Shame on you.  Don't call her "half baked" - you know the school kid saying, "It takes one to know one."  Which means you are cutting your own-self down, too.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Well maybe you should talk to your half baked friend about that. Especially when her idea of an appropriate apology is to say that her god told her to say she was sorry and that it was the other persons god that made her do the offense (they share differing religions).  She started the mudslinging and due to her behavior is wearing the pigs share of the mud. So before you going preaching to others on a persons behalf maybe you should stop and check your friend for manure on their hands!

Quoting jcribb16:

I don't care what your reasoning is about that, this thread is on Bullying, NOT her.  You have no business, nor have those others, to be speaking of ANY poster, by including their name publicly, for all to see, and speaking so rudely and ugly about her.  It's not only against the guidelines, but it is in fact bullying her, and it is also showing the immaturity and crassness of those doing the bullying.

Respect, unfortunately, is becoming a rare thing in some of these groups, especially from bullies and intimidators who seem to think bullying is on the menu for all who disagree with them, challenge them, or stand up to them.  Bullies are nothing but immature little brats who think they are big, bad, and tough, until they, themselves, get backed into a corner.  

Quoting glitterteaz:

You want respect you get respect. She has shown no respect nor has she earned any.

Quoting jcribb16:

Wow, what an answer!  It's not me I was speaking of.  Her name is used, deliberately, to try and goad her, harass her, and bully her. That is disrespectful.

Quoting Godgaveme4:

If you don't want pele to use your name, then don't give it to them or use it on this site.

Quoting jcribb16:

She has asked many times before this, to not include her real name. Also, there are several others in this very thread, who have also had many screen names, including alternates.  No difference there.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

When the person in question has had like 10 screenames in the past then yes just calling her by her first name makes it easy for people to know of whom we are speaking. 

Quoting copasetic1:

And some people really need for things to be simple.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Sometimes easier to use someone's first name because of all the previous screenames. Just makes things simple.

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

I agree with you. They resort to a lot of different measures. LOL, from using your real name to threatening you. I have to laugh at times when they (few) use my real name. Perhaps they really like to use it because they think it's pretty and just typing it can be fun or they think they'll scare me. Either way it's a form of bullying. There's one or two that will post a reply at times and end with "Got it ?" LOL...like if you don't got it what will happen ?

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:16 AM

you teach? No wonder our education system is in the toilet.  Okay let's try this again....

1. I said if she does not like her name she needs to talk to her mother. Common sense dictates we all have a mother. It also implies our names came from the source of our mothers (and fathers). 

2. I stated she could have a judge change her name (why keep it if you find it so offensive?)

3. When you use your name on the world wide web it becomes public domain. 

4. I suggested she deal with it. 

None of the above is personal it is a common sense fact!

Quoting jcribb16:

Actually reading comprehension is indeed my friend.  What's not my friend is when others twist and deny twisting, when they know they're twisting.  Years of teaching have proved that many times with some who learn reading comprehension the hard way.

Quoting glitterteaz:

I twisted nothing but it is clear reading comprehension is not your friend.

Quoting jcribb16:

Riiigggghhhhtttttt.... interesting your viewpoint.......... Nice example of twisting your original comments.  WTG

Quoting glitterteaz:

what is personal? I think everyone in her has a mother. Unless you are saying you have been hatched.  Also it is common knowledge that it takes a judge to change your name.  She also used her name on this site. None of it is personal it is public access information thanks to her broadcasting it on the World Wide Web! That and common sense! SMFH

Quoting jcribb16:

Mmmm... interesting.  You are now also bringing personal outside info in here as well, about her personal life...

Quoting glitterteaz:

What reputation? You mean her BEING a bully? If she has problems with her first name she should take it up with her mother a judge to have it changed. She used her name on this site so she should woman up and deal with it.

Quoting jcribb16:

We are not supposed to be speaking of people, by name, like that. Even though you are sharing your opinion, it's an example of harassing/bullying another poster by name, trying to make her look bad, including trying to mar her reputation.

Quoting SilverSterling:

Because It should be said again

You have good point (a few I know I am shamelessly not afraid to say I do and Did) However I think its lost on Peepers.. she wants to feel bullied, she wants to point fingers at bullies and she wants to be bullied because it makes her feel less guilty of doing the same thing herself.. She is no more innocent of what she is accusing others of.. THAT in itself is a HUGE problem in this group.. Those pointing the Fingers and Yelling the Loudest about it are Often the worst offenders.. They point out the short comings in others they refuse to see in themselves.. I know my short comings and Have no problem pointing them out within my self.. I think others need to learn that lesson as well..

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I am about outta Nice

Quoting Momniscient:

You're nicer than me. I just get a kick out of being told I'm not Christian enough!

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Survey says: Highly likely!!!

Quoting SilverSterling:

I wonder if this person was apart of the whole swine incident Glitter is talking about.. Maybe that is why she is so defensive maybe she was part of the whole problem and doesn't want to be found out... I mean for someone who doesn't know anything they know an awful a lot about it.

Godgaveme4
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Why have some of my responses been deleted? I never delete anything and I hate having them deleted.
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Hi everyone,

This post is now locked.

Please do not personally insult members or fight in the group.

If you have any questions about locked or deleted posts, or if you have a question about the group rules, please send a message to The Cafe Group Admin Team.

Thank you for being a member of this group!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN