Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Who said White moms can't braid hair?? *Pic*

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this

Last week my DD was talking to her friends dad (He's black) He was telling her if she wanted, he had a couple home girls who could braid her hair. She responded, No, my mom is going to do it this weekend. He gave her a double take and said, but your mom is white! No honey, you need a sista doing your hair. It's a cultural thing. White chicks just don't know what to do.

Well *Thumbs nose* to him. I did her hair and I think it looks just fine. What do you think?

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Great job!
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Very nice 😊
coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
It's fine. I'm not one to say something like that. I have had a white lady do my hair my whole life, not braids but if she did I know they would look great.
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

:)

I am way way way way too OCD to do this. I would have to have every part a perfectly straight line and each section would have to be even, etc. It would drive me nuts if not. lol

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I braid my sons hair all the time. We experiment with different types of cornrows and box braids. I also maintain my other sons locs. That was a stupid statement for him to make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

goodVery nice.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Great job.
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Ha ha ha That would take you Forever!

Sometimes I'll see little girls with PERFECT hair in pony tails, twists, ect and I think, how long did that take? lol

Quoting wickedfiress:

:)

I am way way way way too OCD to do this. I would have to have every part a perfectly straight line and each section would have to be even, etc. It would drive me nuts if not. lol

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty!

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM

It's a full time job isn't it? I remember all the time and effort I put into dd's hair when she was young. When ds came along it was like a culture shock. He's a white boy so all I had to do was run a comb through his hair once and it's done.

Yeah, he's an idiot. (The dad, not ds LOL)

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

I braid my sons hair all the time. We experiment with different types of cornrows and box braids. I also maintain my other sons locs. That was a stupid statement for him to make.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)