Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who said White moms can't braid hair?? *Pic*

Posted by   + Show Post

Last week my DD was talking to her friends dad (He's black) He was telling her if she wanted, he had a couple home girls who could braid her hair. She responded, No, my mom is going to do it this weekend. He gave her a double take and said, but your mom is white! No honey, you need a sista doing your hair. It's a cultural thing. White chicks just don't know what to do.

Well *Thumbs nose* to him. I did her hair and I think it looks just fine. What do you think?

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
godsgirl26
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Its okay. But you do have to agree when black women braid they get down. I'm sorry just telling the truth.
godsgirl26
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I have you A+ for trying tho
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Huh?

Quoting godsgirl26:

Its okay. But you do have to agree when black women braid they get down. I'm sorry just telling the truth.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM

If you and your daughter think it looks good why do you care what other people think.....

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Thank you :-)

It's my 4th attempt. I just get better and better. This time I did it without rubber bands. I'm proud,lol.

Quoting godsgirl26:

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Lol! It looks great though! Its alot of work but I HATE when I go out in public and see kids hair a mess. Super fuzzy braids, uncombed. It drives me crazy!! Lol

Quoting paganbaby:

It's a full time job isn't it? I remember all the time and effort I put into dd's hair when she was young. When ds came along it was like a culture shock. He's a white boy so all I had to do was run a comb through his hair once and it's done.

Yeah, he's an idiot. (The dad, not ds LOL)

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

I braid my sons hair all the time. We experiment with different types of cornrows and box braids. I also maintain my other sons locs. That was a stupid statement for him to make.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I will give ANY woman a run for her money when it comes to braiding. And I am as white as they come. I think it looks beautiful.

Quoting godsgirl26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I thought it was funny for him to say and sadly many people have the same view. I myself lacked confidence to braid her hair for years, relying instead on my sister who's mixed or her friends to braid it. Even though, aside from color, my sister is no more "black" than I.

Hair is hair. Anyone can learn how to care for it not matter what you look like. Just a good message to get out.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

If you and your daughter think it looks good why do you care what other people think.....

godsgirl26
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I'm sure the more and more you braid the better and better you will get.

Quoting paganbaby:

Thank you :-)

It's my 4th attempt. I just get better and better. This time I did it without rubber bands. I'm proud,lol.

Quoting godsgirl26:

godsgirl26
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM
That's great :)

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

I will give ANY woman a run for her money when it comes to braiding. And I am as white as they come. I think it looks beautiful.

Quoting godsgirl26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured