Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Who said White moms can't braid hair?? *Pic*

Posted by   + Show Post

Last week my DD was talking to her friends dad (He's black) He was telling her if she wanted, he had a couple home girls who could braid her hair. She responded, No, my mom is going to do it this weekend. He gave her a double take and said, but your mom is white! No honey, you need a sista doing your hair. It's a cultural thing. White chicks just don't know what to do.

Well *Thumbs nose* to him. I did her hair and I think it looks just fine. What do you think?

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
junebaby11
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I think you did great I know I couldn't have done that. Lol my dd is white and I just don't know what to do with it lol
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Omg me too! That's one of my biggest pet peeves. Especially when mom's hair is neat and looking nice then her kid has funky frizzy hair. No excuse.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Lol! It looks great though! Its alot of work but I HATE when I go out in public and see kids hair a mess. Super fuzzy braids, uncombed. It drives me crazy!! Lol

Quoting paganbaby:

It's a full time job isn't it? I remember all the time and effort I put into dd's hair when she was young. When ds came along it was like a culture shock. He's a white boy so all I had to do was run a comb through his hair once and it's done!

Yeah, he's an idiot. (The dad, not ds LOL)

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

I braid my sons hair all the time. We experiment with different types of cornrows and box braids. I also maintain my other sons locs. That was a stupid statement for him to make.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

MissTacoBell
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay racism! Grrrr. Some people just say stupid ass crap.
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Thank you :-)

Lol, 6yo dd has straight hair. Like, straight, straight. And I don't knwo what to do with it. It's too slippery to really put it in any style so I just leave it down or put it in a tail.

Quoting junebaby11:

I think you did great I know I couldn't have done that. Lol my dd is white and I just don't know what to do with it lol

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Right?

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Yay racism! Grrrr. Some people just say stupid ass crap.

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Yep. If you cannot take the time to run a brush through your childs hair or smooth it down that is just sad.

Quoting paganbaby:

Omg me too! That's one of my biggest pet peeves. Especially when mom's hair is neat and looking nice then her kid has funky frizzy hair. No excuse.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Lol! It looks great though! Its alot of work but I HATE when I go out in public and see kids hair a mess. Super fuzzy braids, uncombed. It drives me crazy!! Lol

Quoting paganbaby:

It's a full time job isn't it? I remember all the time and effort I put into dd's hair when she was young. When ds came along it was like a culture shock. He's a white boy so all I had to do was run a comb through his hair once and it's done!

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

I braid my sons hair all the time. We experiment with different types of cornrows and box braids. I also maintain my other sons locs. That was a stupid statement for him to make.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Looks great! My daughter is white and has fine hair, but she won't let me play with it at all :( At least your daughter lets you do hers lol

junebaby11
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Hey hey hey my dds hair is frizzy and funky but there's nothing I can do lol I brush it it just goes back I refuse to put loads of products in her hair shes only two lol its crazy curly. But then agsin she has my hair so I look a hot mess no matter what I do lol

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Yep. If you cannot take the time to run a brush through your childs hair or smooth it down that is just sad.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! There is a big difference between trying and just leaving it to look like
its never been combed EVER.
Have you tried Garnier Fructis Sleek and shine shampoo and conditioner? That works GREAT for my son.

Quoting junebaby11:

Hey hey hey my dds hair is frizzy and funky but there's nothing I can do lol I brush it it just goes back I refuse to put loads of products in her hair shes only two lol its crazy curly. But then agsin she has my hair so I look a hot mess no matter what I do lol

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RandRMomma
by Maya on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to be completely honest, and don't fry me for this, but I have seen better. But, I give you an A+ for effort. You'll get better with more practice. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)