Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Who said White moms can't braid hair?? *Pic*

Posted by   + Show Post

Last week my DD was talking to her friends dad (He's black) He was telling her if she wanted, he had a couple home girls who could braid her hair. She responded, No, my mom is going to do it this weekend. He gave her a double take and said, but your mom is white! No honey, you need a sista doing your hair. It's a cultural thing. White chicks just don't know what to do.

Well *Thumbs nose* to him. I did her hair and I think it looks just fine. What do you think?

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Replies (51-53):
GirlWithANikon
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I know a lot of white chicks who braid their mixed baby's hair. Like a lot. In fact in high school I knew lots of white girls with no babies who would braid our male friends' hair. I guess in some areas it is unexpected but I find it odd it was a double take for him.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM

They were red braids but this time around she decided to get them all in brown.

And thank you :-)

Quoting desertlvn:

Op... I thought you said your dd has red hair? Is this a pic of your dd? 

(I think the braids are great. This little girl is adorable.)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Out here it's rare for white chicks to braid hair. Even the ones with mixed kids (and there's a lot of them,lol) don't braid. They rely on black friends or family. I really don't know why.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

I know a lot of white chicks who braid their mixed baby's hair. Like a lot. In fact in high school I knew lots of white girls with no babies who would braid our male friends' hair. I guess in some areas it is unexpected but I find it odd it was a double take for him.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)