Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Science has left me no option

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:44 AM
  • 657 Replies
7 moms liked this

I have to fall on the side of intelligent design.  Unless you can give me a plausible argument, not to.  So far science has not.

This is not my "coming out" as a Jesus or Mohammad freak.

Minnow Slayer

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Piskie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Why do you think there has to be a designer?
romalove
by Roma on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:54 AM
28 moms liked this

I wasn't aware that someone else's religious beliefs had to be argued against.

I have no intention of arguing with you how you believe.  The only thing I will say is, science doesn't have to have all the answers todaythisminute for me to believe that if science doesn't have it, some sort of higher power must.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:01 AM
25 moms liked this

What it is:

What the evidence is:

Clairwil

BUMP!

Clairwil

BUMP!

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:03 AM
6 moms liked this

I'm totally okay with big bang but i think intelligent design is a reasonable conclusion. The thing is...when there is no end to God's magic you don't have to look that hard to be convinced...all you need is right there in your heart.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:03 AM
23 moms liked this
Quoting Carpy:

I have to fall on the side of intelligent design.  Unless you can give me a plausible argument, not to.

If the human species were directly designed by an intelligent being, rather than evolving from a previous species, a shared common ancestry with cats, bats and whales...

why did that designer do such a poor job of our design?

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:09 AM
9 moms liked this

Because science can not prove there wasn't.  To many exacting conditions are needed for life to exist, for them to have occurred on accident.  Evolution can not be proven and all evidence leads me to believe it to be false.

In the words of Bill Gates.  "DNA is like a computor program, but far, far more advanced than any software we've ever created".

There has been NOTHING found in the fossil record to prove evolution.  If mutations are utterly randon, then the fossil record would show a vast variety of transitional mutations.  What the records show are sudden bursts of of all manner of animals, modest change, then sudden and total extinction.  And the Cambrian period disproves evolution when there was an explosion of nearly all animal phylia we have today.

Quoting Piskie:

Minnow Slayer

romalove
by Roma on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:11 AM
9 moms liked this

Quoting Carpy:

Because science can not prove there wasn't.  To many exacting conditions are needed for life to exist, for them to have occurred on accident.  Evolution can not be proven and all evidence leads me to believe it to be false.

In the words of Bill Gates.  "DNA is like a computor program, but far, far more advanced than any software we've ever created".

There has been NOTHING found in the fossil record to prove evolution.  If mutations are utterly randon, then the fossil record would show a vast variety of transitional mutations.  What the records show are sudden bursts of of all manner of animals, modest change, then sudden and total extinction.  And the Cambrian period disproves evolution when there was an explosion of nearly all animal phylia we have today.

Quoting Piskie:

I guess I misunderstood your initial statement.  I thought you were saying you believed in a higher power that created and "designed", I wasn't aware you were wholesale disbelieving evolution.

There have been tons of threads where Clairwil has gone over evolution.  I think your assessment is completely incorrect.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:12 AM
6 moms liked this

Can you show me the link to the whale beaching itself and developing legs? (Michael Moore does not count)  Or the fish devolping fur?

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Carpy:

I have to fall on the side of intelligent design.  Unless you can give me a plausible argument, not to.

If the human species were directly designed by an intelligent being, rather than evolving from a previous species, a shared common ancestry with cats, bats and whales...

why did that designer do such a poor job of our design?

Minnow Slayer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)