Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Top Ten List of America's Stupidity.

Posted by   + Show Post

10) Only in America ... could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.

9) Only in America ... could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black. 40+% of all federal entitlements goes to black Americans - 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics!

Only in America ... could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.

7) Only in America ... can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

6) Only in America ... would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.

5) Only in America ... could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."

4) Only in America ... could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

3) Only in America ... could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).

2) Only in America ... could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.

1) Only in America ... could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

EDIT:   I have taken the word Canada out of the title.

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM

i figured

Quoting turtle68:

Yup....I saw I though...meh do I open, then I opened and thought yeah its one of those funny ones.  Then read number 2 and thought ...yeah whatever.  Black bashing is a republican thing and an OP favourite.

Quoting SilverSterling:

Always Consider the Source

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting Euphoric:

Somehow I don't see this being from Canada, heck maybe I'm wrong. If it is, that surprises me.

Yeah I doubt it.  Could be someone that lives on the border and claims Canadian periodically to write classic pieces like this :-)

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Ah, the source for this is............what, exactly?

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:32 PM
6 moms liked this
I AM Canadian and I think this list makes my top ten list. You might want to check that your source (what was your source?) is actually Canadian before attributing such tripe to my fellow countrymen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Some one correct me if I am wrong.

If some one wishes to be taken seriously, should they not post their source for what they try to pass off?

Or at least supply the source when asked?

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Some one correct me if I am wrong.

If some one wishes to be taken seriously, should they not post their source for what they try to pass off?

Or at least supply the source when asked?

No ...a select few may just post shit and it be ok.  Its always those pesky religious nutjobs too.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this

What is the source of this lovely piece? Because I can tell you that a few of these are not things Canadians would even think and probably do not appreciate having attributed to them.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Candle, you are becoming rather troll-like with this stupidity.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Somehow, this sounds less Canadian and more like some guy who ran across the border and is hiding out until Obama is no longer in office.
teddysmama09
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I am Canadian and none of these things ever even occured to me (and I spent 6 years living in the US). I think canadians are more concerned about what's happening in Canada than the United States.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN