Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you this mother?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 126 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm sure we have discussed this before but lets see if I can somehow understand.

Here are  a  few scenarios to give you an idea...........

5 year old kiddo and mom show up to a birthday party for a 2 year old.

The very  moment they walk on to the property the 5 year old takes a dump truck away from the 2 year old, running off to play with it.  The 2 year old stands there, pointing to the truck and saying his version of 'dump truck'.  The mom of the 5 year old tells the 2 year old he must share and that her son will give the toy back when he is done with it.   No other kids had arrived yet and no other toys were outside at this point, yet.

No kids are allowed in the house the party is at, outside of having to use the restroom.  And then the parent should go in the house with them.   The house is small and there was no reason for kids to be inside.

5 year old says he must use the restroom.  He goes in to the house and another adults asks if he needs to use the restroom.  Yes.  Off he goes.  When he comes out he stops and looks around and instead of heading back outside he goes towards the 2 year old's bedroom.  He is stopped by an adult, redirected to head back outside to the party.  He tells the adult he wants to play with the toys that are in the bedroom.  No, there are some toys outside.  The boy tells the adult he WANTS other toys.  He is redirected outside, again.  He goes up to his mother, crying because he cannot go in the house and play in the bedroom.  Mom asks adult why her son cannot go in and play in the bedroom.  It was explained, again, that the toys the kids have outside are outside toys and enough for them to play with. No kids in the house, it is small and the party is outside.  Mom tells her son they don't want to share with him, he must stay outside.

Time to open presents.  All kids want to gather round and watch the birthday boy/girl open presents.  Natural.  But when a kiddo tries to open the presents for the birthday boy/girl, the parent should stop them.  Not tell others it is okay as he is only wanting to see what the present is.  Then, as presents are being opened same kiddo takes two of them and runs off to actually open the toys.  Mom, once again, tells her son no one is being nice and wants to share with him.

Every one was attempting to be nice with their redirection of the kid and letting the mom know she was wrong.

It came to the point where I had had enough.  

Are you that mom?  Why would any one be that mom?  Help me understand this type of mom.  Well, if that is possible.  But I am willing to try.  

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethsunshine
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:34 PM
11 moms liked this

No I am not that mom and if I were you, I wouldn't invite said 5 year old to my house anymore.

Cozie_Sisika458
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I am not that type of mom and would love to understand where they think they are special and their kid/s are more special then the rest of the kids at the party (or any event that isnt about their child). I can not stand that type of mom either. I would of been more bold about how her son is acting and how the mother is allowing her son to act, after the first few times of having to correct the childs behavior along with having to explain myself to the mom.

I'm a tattooed, free spirited, CIO, circumcision, delayed vax, pro-life, anti flu shot, hiking, beach bum, early potty training, snuggling, video gaming, art therapy, natural remedies, natural health, Jesus is my home boy, Artist, sarcastic mom!

terpmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I would have been not so nice in redirecting MOM of that kid. 

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM
4 moms liked this
I am not that mom. I am the mom probably about to lose my cool on the lady who won't control her child. Her child is acting like a brat and she is okaying it
Shoota
by Lauren on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Defiantly not that mom. Manners are extremely important to me. Sounds like that mother is raising an entitled brat, and I would have second thoughts about inviting them the next time.
rosie211
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM

No, I am not that mom and can't stand that type of mom.

Ugh!

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM
4 moms liked this

God no, and if I was, I sure as hell hope someone would knock me off my high horse. 

jllcali
by LoyalAndCute on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
No I am not.

If it was my house, I would tell the mother that her child's behavior will not be tolerated, and if she sees nothing wrong with her kid taking another, smaller child's toy away, maybe she should find somewhere else to be.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:54 PM
3 moms liked this

At 5 the kid is still like that? There's a problem.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh hell no, and I would not be inviting that family back if I could help it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured