Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Christian school releases pamphlet with 101 things students can do instead of having sex, such as blowing bubbles. Bubbles said to be thrilled

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 12 Replies

School releases pamphlet with sex alternatives

Last updated 05:00 22/06/2013

Christian schools say it's hardly surprising they think students should have a burping contest instead of having sex.

Christian Schools Australia CEO Steve O'Doherty says horse riding, eating something new, blowing bubbles and playing ball without the ball are all better options than doing the deed.

They were among a "101 things to do instead of doing it" pamphlet which was recently given to out to students at Caloundra Christian College in Queensland.

Mr O'Doherty is surprised by the media coverage the pamphlet has received.

"Christian schools teach that the safest way of protecting yourself medically and emotionally is to wait until a stable, married relationship," he told AAP.

"It's hardly front-page news that Christians have that perspective."

Mr O'Doherty said that while abstinence was the preferred option for children and teenagers, Christian schools taught a healthy message about sex.

"We teach kids about safe sex, we teach them about the dangers of sexually transmitted diseases and what you need to do protect yourself against them," he said.

"But we tell the full story too - there are emotional dangers in committing yourself to a sexual relationship and the best way to protect yourself medically and emotionally is abstinence."

SOME SUGGESTIONS A QUEENSLAND CHRISTIAN SCHOOL GAVE STUDENTS TO DO INSTEAD OF SEX:     

*Blow bubbles in the park

*Pretend you're six again

*Look at clouds and see what you can make them into

*Surprise your parents by cleaning the house

*Have a water fight

*Go fruit picking

*Go to Macca's in formals

*Make lunch for the elderly

*Share a drink with two straws

*Visit the RSPCA

*Have a burping contest

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

It is extemely unhealthy to continue to deny that sex is a healthy part of human existance. To put the shame and guilt that christians do on such a natural act is sad.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM
4 moms liked this

Those crazy Australians....  ;)

I think teens should be kept so busy they are too tired to even think about it.  We are doing our best...

Sex is great, but not when you are too young to handle the adult responsibility and consequences.

lga1965
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Bubbles is said to be thrilled...LOL !!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Great title! 

IhartU
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Quoting momtoscott:

Great title! 

I only wish I had been the one to make it up-  but alas, I copied it from the website the link was on. lol.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I laughed so hard at this title.
terpmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM
2 moms liked this
My parents taught me the same with a twist... Safe sex, honest communication and that sex is better when you're in love in a committed relationship... No shaming, no "god will smite you" crap... I was in college in a long term relationship before losing my v card. I've been with 3 men, never a regret. Kids came 3-4 years after marriage. All the same dad and we've been together 10 years.
sillytime
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Lmao lmao UHHH lmao did I mention I'm lmao hahaha still lmao
AlekD
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds fine to me.

celticdragon77
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Hey, I have one of these, except it is 101 things to do instead of drugs. Someone gave it to me years ago. I kept it because I like the things it lists. 

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... Emerson *FIRE DRILL*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)