Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Should Snowden be extradited and convicted of espionage?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:33 AM
  • 311 Replies
I can't decide...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punky3175
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:13 AM
3 moms liked this
Most definitely.
Heidi615
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:15 AM

I can't decide either . I would love to hear what all he had to say.

rgba
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you think we had a right to know? What if the government was doing something really atrocious? Then is it okay for someone to leak?

Quoting punky3175:

Most definitely.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:18 AM
14 moms liked this

I thinking no but he'll probably end up dead somewhere. The government will probably send the CIA after him and just disguise it as a suicide or do it so they'll never find the body.

idc what anyone says about it I think Snowden is a hero for risking his life to tell the American people what our government is doing. 

rgba
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:18 AM
2 moms liked this
On the one hand, I see why we need confidentiality.

On the other hand, government officials should be held accountable to the people.

Quoting Heidi615:

I can't decide either . I would love to hear what all he had to say.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Sad, but maybe true.

Quoting angelachristine:

I thinking no but he'll probably end up dead somewhere. The government will probably send the CIA after him and just disguise it as a suicide or do it so they'll never find the body.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:19 AM

He probably should be but I'm glad he did what he did.

JTROX
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:25 AM

The news this morning said he was missing.

Quoting angelachristine:

idc what anyone says about it I think Snowden is a hero for risking his life to tell the American people what our government is doing. 

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:26 AM
4 moms liked this
More likely, an another government or anti American group will capture him and torture him to death for what they think he can tell them.

Whether some Americans are glad he did it or not, he STILL released classified info, which is a breach of national security. He is a traitor and needs to be held accountable.

Quoting angelachristine:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:26 AM
5 moms liked this
No - the general public does not have a need or right to know. There's a reason things are classified. This particular instance doesn't fall under 'atrocious' so I fully support them going after him.

What was happening with the way prisoners were treated in Abu Ghuraib was atrocious and I'm glad it came out.

Quoting rgba:

Do you think we had a right to know? What if the government was doing something really atrocious? Then is it okay for someone to leak?

Quoting punky3175:

Most definitely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)