Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prop 8 - State Supreme Court ruling to stand - unconstitutional

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/12pdf/12-144_8ok0.pdf

The US Supreme Court ruled that the parties did not have standing to appeal the state SC's ruling.  

Same Sex Marriage will once again be legal in California

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Replies (111-114):
tiffyhamm
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quoting crafthag:

But, there are many people who feel that way about people like you. They think they are right and you are wrong, so what makes your belief superior to the point that you put down others for not believing like you? It really is a bully mentality, do as I say or I will call you names. It's extremely hypocritical.

Quoting tiffyhamm:

Quoting crafthag:

Explain to me, please, why when the words, acceptance, tolerance and love are used, they are only meant to apply to those things in which YOU belive to be right? If one was truly, loving, accepting, and tolerant, wouldn't they be accepting of ALL beliefs regardless of whether or not they were the same as yourself? If one was truly tolerant (please educate yourself on the proper definition) comment quotes such as the one you typed would not exist. Why is it okay to berate, attack, and name-call and be intolerant of someone different than you? Since when is it okay to bully others to think exactly like you?

Quoting tiffyhamm:

Quoting candlegal:

And I would like to go on record saying that the majority of the people in this state went on record saying that they believe marriage should be betweeen one man and one woman and it has been put into our constitution.  So the majority of Texans agree with it.  They are accepting but haven't yet been indoctrinated by the ignorant.

Quoting tiffyhamm:

i would like to go on the record and state that not all texans are like ole girl in this post.  there's some super accepting, "truly love all, equality for all" ones here....and a ton of us that were happy about this decision.  my fb feed was blowing up with cheers and photos of my friends down at the capital.  there's a lot of support here for gays and lesbians...we're being overshadowed by the giant ass of ignorance and bigotry. 

The "majority" of this state are the ignorant ones, yourself included, for if you were truly accepting you wouldn't give a damn what two people of the same sex did or if they want to marry. The majority should never, NEVER be able to vote on the rights of the minority. Period. I know all about this majority here in Texas, that's why I said the voices of those who are truly accepting are being "overshadowed by the giant ass of ignorance and bigotry."  Once y'all learn how to stay the hell out of people's bedrooms and lives and work on shit that actually matters, like healthcare and education, this state would be better off. 

"Indoctrinated by the ignorant."  Bullshiggity. Y'all can't even figure out how the hell gay marriage affects y'all personally other than the fact you feel your religion forbids it and that you find it "icky."  Your religion is just that...YOURS, you use your religion as a guideline for your life, not anyone else's. if you think it's unnatural, so the hell what? Don't get involved with a woman. Problem solved. 

We didn't need your "on the record," most know that Texas is towards the caboose of the tolerance train, we will be one of the last to grant gays the right to marry (but we will). I wanted to point out that we aren't all bigots hiding behind religion and using it as a means to deny people rights. People might not know that there's folks out here like me cause they're being overshadowed by people like you. 

Honestly, I cannot and will not accept the beliefs of those who cannot and will not recognize that all people are equal and deserving of all rights. I cannot and will not accept hiding behind religion as a means to discriminate against another person. I'm intolerant of intolerance. Hold whatever backwards beliefs you want, but live by those beliefs for yourself. Don't push your beliefs onto others.

I'm wrong about a lot of shit. Daily, I get my ass handed to me by any and everyone...I just got put in my place by a four year old. I think the right thing to do is to allow gay ppl to live their lives as they see fit and afford them the rights and privileges of everyone else. You can still believe gays are unnatural without denying them rights. I am of the belief that ppl should be able to love who they want to love and marry who they want to marry without there being a law against doing so because some don't agree with their lifestyle. Two grown, consenting adults shouldn't have to consult their neighbors for permission to marry.  They should just be able to, without the people voting for it. 

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Yay!!!  I am glad about this. (;

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I see some people would rather hate than love.  Reminds of a John Lennon song, "Imagine."  

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I agree with you.  If she were my children's grandma...she would be no where near them or explain anything to them. That is my job. That is my husband's job. Not their grandparents.  My children spend no time with my parents because they are bigots, hide behind Christianity to be a bigot, and I just don't want my 7 year old to think hate is a Christian trait.  

Quoting Sisteract:

What do you have to with explaining something like this to your grandskids? What gives you that right or authority?

You had your kids....unless you have legal custody of those grandkids, this is neither your problem nor your responsibility.

Besides, if kids are raised morally and with goodness, kindness and compassion, they would understand.

Quoting candlegal:

I don't want to have to explain to my grandkids why 2 men are walking down the street holding hands.   I don't want to have to explain why that is wrong and and goes against everything we believe in.  I don't want to have to explain unnatural things that are against God and nature.   I would rather they be older when this is all explained to them.  That is just for starters.   I am getting ready to take them to the pool.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Judy, you know I like and respect you. I have a sincere question for you, if SSM were recognized within Texas, how would that impact YOUR life?

Quoting candlegal:

and that is fine, I don't live in California.    Just keep it out of Texas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured