Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Top 8 Ways To Be 'Traditionally Married' According To The Bible

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:05 PM
  • 199 Replies
4 moms liked this

EDIT: " Why is the lifestyle of being owned, traded, raped and treated like an object with no respect accepted but.....its not okay to have a loving relationship that hurts NO ONE (but themselves according to scripture) with someone of the same sex.

Im adding the following because some people obviously want to argue and not answer the question: The King James version of the bible is being quoted because I am not familiar with any other religions version of "the bible" or there laws.  Im choosing to stick with something Im familiar with. Im sure that other religions have there laws/rules about homosexuality I AM NOT FAMILIAR with them so it would not be fair to add them specifically.  This is why I used the wording "organized religion".  I do not like organized or practice organized religion because I dont need someone else telling me how to think, worship and live my life. Most of christianity that I have experienced is based on man made teaching,the personal opinion of others and from a book written 2000 years ago that for the most part does not apply to our lifestyle in 2013.   

The reason why I am posting this is that I am simply amazed that anyone would have a problem with LGBT marriage when this list of what the bible tells us is pretty barbaric.  This is another reason I want nothing to do with organized religion. 

If you follow the link its a little easier to read: http://www.upworthy.com/the-top-8-ways-to-be-traditionally-married-according-to-the-bible?c=la2

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coronado25
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parrishsky
by Maxfield on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Deuteronomy - The marrying my rapists one always pissed me off!

baquick
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I would have killed myself in many if those situations.
parrishsky
by Maxfield on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:13 PM
3 moms liked this

It really is absurd when you think about them all.... Plus Jesus is Love and he teaches us to "love everyone" and that love is patient and kind.

No where in the Bible does he say be a homophobe and deny rights to gays.

LaBuenaVida
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this

That's your choice.  Some of us like our religious beliefs.

Don't appreciate the word barbaric.  Some may think being a witch is evil, so there. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Sadly, you probably wouldn't have known any better or different. 

Quoting baquick:

I would have killed myself in many if those situations.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM
3 moms liked this

And what did Jesus say about gay marriage?

Quoting AmandaLove79:

You are basing most of this bible hate on the old testament.  2000 years ago, Jesus came and rewrote the teachings which are the new testament.  get with the time and stop using this discriminatory, false argument to support gay marriage.

loveutiltheend
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:10 AM
3 moms liked this
Nothing. There's only seven passages in the bible that are about homosexuality and none of em had anything to do with Jesus. Or homosexuality when its in its original language and when you know the context and the culture of the people who wrote the thing.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting AmandaLove79:

You are basing most of this bible hate on the old testament.  2000 years ago, Jesus came and rewrote the teachings which are the new testament.  get with the time and stop using this discriminatory, false argument to support gay marriage.

loveutiltheend
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Romans 1:26-27: "For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error."

1 Corinthians 6:9-11: "Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers -- none of these will inherit the kingdom of God. And this is what some of you used to be. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God."

1 Timothy 1:9-11: "This means understanding that the law is laid down not for the innocent but for the lawless and disobedient, for the godless and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their father or mother, for murderers, fornicators, sodomites, slave-traders, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to the sound teaching that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me."

But these are the only passages in the new testament against homosexuals. 1. They are mostly talking about what they've seen and not homosexuality as a whole. 2. Why does the old testament matter when your saying homosexuality is sinful but not when we talk about why the bible is pretty messed up.

Quoting AmandaLove79:

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM
4 moms liked this
He defined marriage as a man and a woman, irrefutably, when he said that a man shall leave his father and mother, cling to his wife and the two shall be one. He didn't need to dwell on this blatantly obvious issue, any more than he needed to dwell on not stealing or not having affairs.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting AmandaLove79:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)