Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Dear parents, from a neighborhood mom

Posted by   + Show Post

It's great that you are having discussions with your kids about those gay people, but damn, I gotta tell ya....

When you send them to ME, chances are good I will counter whatever preaching you think you have done.

I have heard from too many kids this week, about how "there is something wrong with being gay"...I have done my best to tread lightly, as I really don't want to trample your toes; but you MUST know you are wrong. I don't care what your bible says....I don't care how YOU feel, mom and dad, with your own hang ups about sexuality...what I care about is you crapping on your kids' minds.

There is NOTHING "wrong" with being gay. And damn you all for raising kids who will chastise and tease and belittle the kids who are gay.

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Replies (331-335):
PeeperSqueak5
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, that is what I am saying. I just don't reply to her anymore as she twists things around and makes things up.
Quoting USBrit:

I think what she is trying to say....(in my opinion) is that because we are Christians, Jesus eliminated many of the OT rules, like eating certain food, or how you eat them, etc......However, he was silent on homosexuality and so in a Christian's mind that still stands as sin, just like murder, honoring your parents, adultery, etc. Those still stand, along with many others. We all fail, we all need to do much better. Forgiveness is waiting for true repentance. Love THAT!

Quoting Bookwormy:

Do you follow all the abominations of the OT strictly? If not, picking & choosing homosexuality is hypocrisy. At least Orthodox Jews are consistent. Be consistent & not hypocritical, won't you?

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

These scriptures you've listed....., no I don't follow of course as the laws have changed and it's from the Old Testament before Jesus died for our sins.
I don't agree with those either to tell you the truth. Glad I wasn't around in Bible Times.
I really try not to pick and choose what I feel like and what I don't. I try and live my life the way God wants me too. I ask God daily to keep a clean heart. There's still work in progress : )

Quoting lulumomof2:

I'm just wondering, not trying to be rude or start anything, but I'm just really curious...do you follow the whole bible? I mean there is some stuff in the bible that makes my skin crawl (Deuteronomy 22:28-29;Deuteronomy 22:23-24; Exodus 21:7-11; Exodus 31:12-15; 2 Kings 2:23-24) I could really go on. But my question is how do you choose which rules to follow and which you don't or do you live 100% by the bible? Again, I'm not trying to be rude I just really want to know.

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

I too pray for blessings and healing of people for various needs.  From illness , rebellion, needs, etc.  For homosexuals I pray for deliverance from their bondage and healing.  Being a Christian myself and believing the Bible, I believe homosexuality is an abomination.

Quoting lulumomof2:

why do you need to pray for people who are gay? I mean I always pray for blessings and healings for people if they need/want something (or going through a tough time), because I care about them (even if I don't directly know them). But I've never prayed for someone BECAUSE they are gay. to me that kinda says that there is something wrong with being gay (and I don't) think there is. Just curious, why don't you think its not okay to be gay?

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

Thanks for the warning. As far as raising my kids to tease and chastise ? No, they pray for them. Because they do CARE : )

USBrit
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I agree with you to the extent that people need to be kind when disagreeing with others.....Our beliefs should be clear that we are NOT condeming the person, but the sin that we believe to be wrong. God loves each and every one of us and grieves when we sin.....sin is also being unkind to another whether we agree with their lifestyle or not. I think that everyone could go a long way to be sure that how they speak to another is how they would like to be spoken to. The Golden Rule applies today as it always has.  I think many of us forget that we are all different and it is okay to disagree with, but not to diminish another. So, when so-called "bashing" occurs on any level....that is sin too. That is why we are not to Judge others, but to have discernment over what we accept into our own lives based on God's word. That is why I am constantly surprised that this topic is more important than jobs, the economy, food prices, gas prices, etc. We as Americans need to stop fighting amongst ourselves and be shoulder to shoulder about the business of leaving a better world for our children and Grandchildren.  By the way.....public displays of affection (to me) are inappropriate period....by anyone. Unless it is a hug, kiss or hand holding of a little child by a parent, grandparent, etc. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

The vast majority of the abominations were not eliminated by Jesus or the destruction of the Temple.  Read about them all & you will see that I am right.

But let's say that when Jesus said what you put in your mouth is less important than what comes out that he really meant pork, shellfish, ostrich, rattlesnake, etc are not abominations.  I doubt he ate those things himself, so I doubt he meant that, but let's for the sake of argument say that he meant just that.  If that's the case, & if he really is the spokesman for G-d, (which I don't accept, but you & PS do,) then surely the food abominations are replaced by spoken abominations.  Therefore, logic would dictate that if it used to be an abomination to eat pork, for example, now it is an abomination to say hateful things to other human beings.  That's basically what Jesus said.  If that's the case, then it is an abomination to say that because someone finds PDA distasteful, any humans, even sinners, (lesbian sex is *not* an abomination, FYI,) should be locked in closets.  Still blatantly hypocritical.  And I don't think that, as a Christian, if I were you, I would spend another moment defending her or any of her behavior.  Because it is hurtful, & by Christian standards, a sin of the highest order.  If you believe homosexual sex is a sin/abomination/whatever, it still doesn't mean that you are a hurtful person, & you needn't associate or defend hurtful people.  You can be different than that & set yourself apart right here & now.

Bookwormy

Quoting USBrit:

I think what she is trying to say....(in my opinion) is that because we are Christians, Jesus eliminated many of the OT rules, like eating certain food, or how you eat them, etc......However, he was silent on homosexuality and so in a Christian's mind that still stands as sin, just like murder, honoring your parents, adultery, etc. Those still stand, along with many others. We all fail, we all need to do much better. Forgiveness is waiting for true repentance. Love THAT!

Quoting Bookwormy:

Do you follow all the abominations of the OT strictly? If not, picking & choosing homosexuality is hypocrisy. At least Orthodox Jews are consistent. Be consistent & not hypocritical, won't you?

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

These scriptures you've listed....., no I don't follow of course as the laws have changed and it's from the Old Testament before Jesus died for our sins.
I don't agree with those either to tell you the truth. Glad I wasn't around in Bible Times.
I really try not to pick and choose what I feel like and what I don't. I try and live my life the way God wants me too. I ask God daily to keep a clean heart. There's still work in progress : )

Quoting lulumomof2:

I'm just wondering, not trying to be rude or start anything, but I'm just really curious...do you follow the whole bible? I mean there is some stuff in the bible that makes my skin crawl (Deuteronomy 22:28-29;Deuteronomy 22:23-24; Exodus 21:7-11; Exodus 31:12-15; 2 Kings 2:23-24) I could really go on. But my question is how do you choose which rules to follow and which you don't or do you live 100% by the bible? Again, I'm not trying to be rude I just really want to know.

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

I too pray for blessings and healing of people for various needs.  From illness , rebellion, needs, etc.  For homosexuals I pray for deliverance from their bondage and healing.  Being a Christian myself and believing the Bible, I believe homosexuality is an abomination.

Quoting lulumomof2:

why do you need to pray for people who are gay? I mean I always pray for blessings and healings for people if they need/want something (or going through a tough time), because I care about them (even if I don't directly know them). But I've never prayed for someone BECAUSE they are gay. to me that kinda says that there is something wrong with being gay (and I don't) think there is. Just curious, why don't you think its not okay to be gay?

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

Thanks for the warning. As far as raising my kids to tease and chastise ? No, they pray for them. Because they do CARE : )

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm leaving CEHT for the summer. Have a good one!

Quoting USBrit:

I agree with you to the extent that people need to be kind when disagreeing with others.....Our beliefs should be clear that we are NOT condeming the person, but the sin that we believe to be wrong. God loves each and every one of us and grieves when we sin.....sin is also being unkind to another whether we agree with their lifestyle or not. I think that everyone could go a long way to be sure that how they speak to another is how they would like to be spoken to. The Golden Rule applies today as it always has.  I think many of us forget that we are all different and it is okay to disagree with, but not to diminish another. So, when so-called "bashing" occurs on any level....that is sin too. That is why we are not to Judge others, but to have discernment over what we accept into our own lives based on God's word. That is why I am constantly surprised that this topic is more important than jobs, the economy, food prices, gas prices, etc. We as Americans need to stop fighting amongst ourselves and be shoulder to shoulder about the business of leaving a better world for our children and Grandchildren.  By the way.....public displays of affection (to me) are inappropriate period....by anyone. Unless it is a hug, kiss or hand holding of a little child by a parent, grandparent, etc. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

The vast majority of the abominations were not eliminated by Jesus or the destruction of the Temple.  Read about them all & you will see that I am right.

But let's say that when Jesus said what you put in your mouth is less important than what comes out that he really meant pork, shellfish, ostrich, rattlesnake, etc are not abominations.  I doubt he ate those things himself, so I doubt he meant that, but let's for the sake of argument say that he meant just that.  If that's the case, & if he really is the spokesman for G-d, (which I don't accept, but you & PS do,) then surely the food abominations are replaced by spoken abominations.  Therefore, logic would dictate that if it used to be an abomination to eat pork, for example, now it is an abomination to say hateful things to other human beings.  That's basically what Jesus said.  If that's the case, then it is an abomination to say that because someone finds PDA distasteful, any humans, even sinners, (lesbian sex is *not* an abomination, FYI,) should be locked in closets.  Still blatantly hypocritical.  And I don't think that, as a Christian, if I were you, I would spend another moment defending her or any of her behavior.  Because it is hurtful, & by Christian standards, a sin of the highest order.  If you believe homosexual sex is a sin/abomination/whatever, it still doesn't mean that you are a hurtful person, & you needn't associate or defend hurtful people.  You can be different than that & set yourself apart right here & now.

Bookwormy

Quoting USBrit:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

Quoting lulumomof2:

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

Quoting lulumomof2:

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

blondekosmic15
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Quoting lovemymini:

The bible also says it is not your job to judges others (john8:7).  It also tells us to love one another(John 13:34)

pray that your children with grow up doing this and punish them for judging others and disrespecting them.

You are misinterpreting the Scriptures. Jesus encourages a righteous judgment to bring awareness to sin. To judge for the sake of helping others to turn away from sin, is God's will. If you truly love one another, you will not be silent when a person is living a life contrary to the teachings of Jesus. If you pass judgment due to jealousy, envy, revenge, hate, selfish purposes etc, this is always forbidden by God. Our heavenly Father can use us for the salvation of souls if we surrender our life to him. When we condone sin under the guise of acceptance, we offend God and many will be lost~

Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

2 Timothy 4:2

Judge with a righteous judgment.

John 7:24

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

The second sentence and where you don't care what my Bible says. I don't care that you don't care to tell you the truth. But I do care what the Bible says and I do care what path my children take.

I agree Peeper. I care what the Bible says. I care deeply what path my children take in this life. Our children are God's gift to us here on this earth. The Bible teaches parents to raise their children to love & to know God. To be faithful to the Commandments & the teachings of Jesus.

Quoting Radarma:

Where did I lose you?

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

No.....I don't got it
Quoting Radarma:

Quoting PeeperSqueak5:

Pray on mom, just also tell them to keep YOUR issues at bay.

You got it?

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:29 PM

My DD heard on the news gay marriage was passed. I explained what it was and she said "that's cool" and moved on the next thing, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)