Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If God Loves People Unconditionally (PIOG) EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post
...why are people sent to hell for eternity because they're faulted? Why are people sent to hell for acting the way they're created to act, or for being who they were created to be? Why are people sent to hell at all?

I'm serious. I don't mean any disrespect.

I had a conversation with my stepmother today about religion when she came to visit me in the hospital. I was watching the news about DOMA and Prop 8 (great rulings SCOTUS!) and she started talking about how she felt bad for this country because it's going to hell, and how she prays for gay people because she feels bad that they made a "choice" to partake in behavior that "is not of God." I let her talk. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, once she said her piece, you bet I asked her what I'm asking you all.

She didn't have much to say. Go figure. I grew up in church. I'm now an atheist (she knows this) and I have never understood why someone that supposedly loves people UNCONDITIONALLY would send anyone to hell. Well, anyone that wasn't absolutely evil (like Hitler). I personally feel that if God loved people unconditionally, he wouldn't send them to hell. I love my children unconditionally. I wouldn't take them out of my will because they do things I don't approve of, especially if I made them imperfect and gave them freewill. I know it's not quite the same thing. But, that was the best drugged up analogy I could come up with. Lol

I also don't understand why some are so hellbent on saying that gay people choose to be gay, or that gays don't deserve things because we're (I'm bisexual) an abomination. Those things actually hurt. Especially when they're coming from the people in your life that you love the most.

Again, I mean no disrespect. I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I'm just trying to understand.

EDIT: Okay, I've had some rest. Now I'm able to word what I'm saying a bit better. What I'm actually saying is why would God make people imperfect, require salvation, and then send people to hell for not becoming "saved?"
Why would God give us freewill, and then turn around and say: "_______ is a sin!" That makes no sense to me. It never has.
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Replies (281-281):
blackcat1515
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN