Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

My unbiased opinion, so far. Zimmerman trial.

Posted by   + Show Post

The problem with the case for the prosecution, is that the injuries to Z, match his story somewhat.  The testimony today, likely gave Z a get out of jail free card.  Emotional rants on either side are of no consequence to my thinking.  Just going by testimony so far. I think Z may very well walk.  Further testimony may change my opinion.

Let the bashing begin

Minnow Slayer

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Replies (231-235):
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

The lead detective, the one that thought he should have been charged with manslaughter at the very beginning said he believed Zimmerman was telling the truth in the interrogations.  If the lead detective doesn't believe he committed 2nd degree murder how do they expect the jury to do so?

Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted Manslaughter Charge

PHOTO: Trayvon Martin, 17, was fatally shot by neighborhood watch leader George Zimmerman.

Trayvon Martin, 17, was fatally shot by neighborhood watch leader George Zimmerman. (ABC News)
Auto Start: On | Off

Share on emailEmail

Print

Text Size
- / +

SANFORD, Fla. March 27, 2012

The lead homicide investigator in the shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin recommended that neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter the night of the shooting, multiple sources told ABC News.

But Sanford, Fla., Investigator Chris Serino was instructed to not press charges against Zimmerman because the state attorney's office headed by Norman Wolfinger determined there wasn't enough evidence to lead to a conviction, the sources told ABC News.

Police brought Zimmerman into the station for questioning for a few hours on the night of the shooting, said Zimmerman's attorney, despite his request for medical attention first. Ultimately they had to accept Zimmerman's claim of self defense. He was never charged with a crime.

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night that Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, that stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman's version of events.

Zimmerman, 28, claimed he shot Martin, 17, in self defense.

One complicating factor in the investigation was that the first detective to interview Zimmerman about the shooting was a narcotics officer rather than a homicide detective.

The State Attorney's office said only "no comment" when asked about the affidavit today.

The revelation is the latest salvo in a war of leaks meant to bolster each side amid rising tension over the shooting.

Martin's parents, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, will appear before a House panel today and rallies continue around the country demanding that Zimmermanbe arrested.

Trayvon Martin, 17, was fatally shot by... View Full Size
George Zimmerman's Comments on Trayvon Martin Watch Video
Zimmerman Defended by Friend, Lawyer for Shooting Watch Video

About 200 to 250 protesters gathered in front of the Justice Department today to demand the Justice Department to charge Zimmerman with a federal hate crime.

Martin's family attorney confirmed today that the teenager was suspended from his Miami school three times over the past year.

Family attorney Benjamin Crump told ABC News that Martin had been slapped with a 10 day school suspension after a bag with suspected marijuana was found in his backpack.

Last year Martin was suspended for spraying graffiti on school grounds. The Miami Herald reported that the school guard who stopped him searched his backpack and found 12 items of women's jewelry and a flathead screw driver that the guard believed to be a "burglary implement." But Martin was never charged or specifically disciplined for the incident.

Crump alleged that the Sanford police had leaked damaging information about Martin into order to muddy the case, calling it a "conspiracy." Crump called the school disciplinary problems "irrelevant" to the case that "an unarmed 17 year kid was killed."

The case has triggered national interest with pro-Martin rallies in cities from coast to coast. Martin's mother has moved to trademark two popular rallying cries, "I am Trayvon" and "Justice for Trayvon." The family said it does not want want other people printing memorabilia.

"Sybrina Fulton has no desire to profit from her son's death, but wants to protect her son's name legacy," said family representative Ryan Julison.

Martin was shot as he made his way to his father's fiance's house while returning from a convenience store where he bought a pack of Skittles and iced tea. He was followed by Zimmerman who found him suspicious.

At some point, Zimmerman ignored the suggestion from a 911 dispatcher that he stop following Martin, left his truck and went to look for Martin.

At the same time, Martin was on the phone with his girlfriend and complained that someone was following him.

What happened then is not clear. The girlfriend has said that she heard Martin ask someone, "Why are you following me?" before the sounds of a scuffle and the phone was disconnected.

Zimmerman is described as 5-foot-9 and well over 200 pounds while Martin was 6-foot-3 and 150 pounds.

Leaks from the police report detail Zimmerman telling police he was heading back to his truck when Martin knocked him down with a punch to his nose, jumped on him, repeatedly banged his head on the ground, then tried to grab Zimmerman's gun.

In a struggle for Zimmerman's gun, the watchman shot the teenager, Zimmerman told police.

Thanks for posting this.  It is a problem for the prosecution that he went from wanting to charge him to believing him...not sure how they will dig out of that one.  They did get it stricken from the record so it can't be brought up during the closing arguements and they are still calling witnesses so maybe they have more.

Actually, it's not surprising me that you are lying about WHAT was said

In commenting on the consistency of Zimmerman's story as well as Zimmerman's apparent relief when falsely told there was a video of the confrontation, Serino said Zimmemran had to be either a pathological liar or telling the truth.

"If we were to take pathological liar off the table…do you think he was telling the truth?" asked defense attorney Mark O'Mara.

"Yes," responded Serino.

Excuse me?  If I was lying so are you....you printed the text of what I said above.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM

If you were killed because you were deemed a suspicious asshole, like TM, you wouldn't be dealing with or explaining anything- you'd be dead. Just like TM, your "truth" would never be known-

Get it? 

Quoting SageAdvice:

If that happened I'd deal with, with the truth.  But then no ones allowed to have a differing opinion or they are racist right and therefor an asshole.

Quoting Sisteract:

Bwahhh- be very careful what you wish for-

Next time the person deemed suspicious might be a Dr, lawyer, Indian Chief or Sage advice.

You never know who might be deemed an "asshole"  never know- LOL!

Quoting SageAdvice:

It's only a dangerous road for the assholes. 

Quoting Seasidegirl:

There is no law written that says the penalty for being a little asshole is death. We're going down a very dangerous road if we start thinking like that.

Quoting SageAdvice:

Seems to me the prosecutions own evidence and TM girlfriends own words shows TM decided to play the thug he's known to be and circled back around spoiling for a fight with the "cracker" and paid for it with his life when he laid hands on Zimmerman.  It's not against the law to follow someone, he was a neighborhood watch man,  doing his job - he wasn't breaking any laws. TM decided to break the law and assault Zimmerman. Self defense isn't 2nd degree murder. 

I was all on TM side, till the truth started pouring out like a river. People can act like he was an innocent kid but he wasn't.

Quoting Seasidegirl:

I don't think it will ever show that.

Zimmerman was trying to be a big man and started to get his ass whupped, then turned into the p&$$7  he really is and killed the kid. But 2nd degree murder is just that, right?

Quoting Carpy:

And yes, unbiased. If evidence shows Z confronted Tray on with the intention of shooting him, I want him convicted.

Quoting lancet98:

Unbiased view?  HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

When Jentel (sp?) testified the defense (yes defense)  lawyer I was sitting next to said, 'Zimmerman just lost'.

SageAdvice
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I get that his own "GF" said he went after that "cracker" Zimmerman. I get that the truths about who and what I was would come out, just like they have about both these thugs Zimmerman and Martin.

I get that dead is dead and often we facilitate our own demise by our own actions. I get that life isn't fair, nor is justice.  I get that this is tearing our nation into two hate filled sides which is pretty sickening, so I'm going to bow out and leave it to others.

Take care.

Quoting Sisteract:

If you were killed because you were deemed a suspicious asshole, like TM, you wouldn't be dealing with or explaining anything- you'd be dead. Just like TM, your "truth" would never be known-

Get it? 

Quoting SageAdvice:

If that happened I'd deal with, with the truth.  But then no ones allowed to have a differing opinion or they are racist right and therefor an asshole.

Quoting Sisteract:

Bwahhh- be very careful what you wish for-

Next time the person deemed suspicious might be a Dr, lawyer, Indian Chief or Sage advice.

You never know who might be deemed an "asshole"  never know- LOL!

Quoting SageAdvice:

It's only a dangerous road for the assholes. 

Quoting Seasidegirl:

There is no law written that says the penalty for being a little asshole is death. We're going down a very dangerous road if we start thinking like that.

Quoting SageAdvice:

Seems to me the prosecutions own evidence and TM girlfriends own words shows TM decided to play the thug he's known to be and circled back around spoiling for a fight with the "cracker" and paid for it with his life when he laid hands on Zimmerman.  It's not against the law to follow someone, he was a neighborhood watch man,  doing his job - he wasn't breaking any laws. TM decided to break the law and assault Zimmerman. Self defense isn't 2nd degree murder. 

I was all on TM side, till the truth started pouring out like a river. People can act like he was an innocent kid but he wasn't.

Quoting Seasidegirl:

I don't think it will ever show that.

Zimmerman was trying to be a big man and started to get his ass whupped, then turned into the p&$$7  he really is and killed the kid. But 2nd degree murder is just that, right?

Quoting Carpy:

And yes, unbiased. If evidence shows Z confronted Tray on with the intention of shooting him, I want him convicted.

Quoting lancet98:

Unbiased view?  HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

When Jentel (sp?) testified the defense (yes defense)  lawyer I was sitting next to said, 'Zimmerman just lost'.

struggling28
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Everyone keeps saying she was 19 just a kid...but hell if whe was 17 or 18 or even now at 19..and she killed someone they would tried as an ADULT..NOT KID..
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Are you slow? The investigator said he's either a liar or tling the truth

The LAWsyER said IF he wasn't a liar....
Der

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

The lead detective, the one that thought he should have been charged with manslaughter at the very beginning said he believed Zimmerman was telling the truth in the interrogations.  If the lead detective doesn't believe he committed 2nd degree murder how do they expect the jury to do so?

Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted Manslaughter Charge

PHOTO: Trayvon Martin, 17, was fatally shot by neighborhood watch leader George Zimmerman.

Trayvon Martin, 17, was fatally shot by neighborhood watch leader George Zimmerman. (ABC News)

Auto Start: On | Off

Share on emailEmail

Print

Text Size

- / +

SANFORD, Fla. March 27, 2012

The lead homicide investigator in the shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin recommended that neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter the night of the shooting, multiple sources told ABC News.

But Sanford, Fla., Investigator Chris Serino was instructed to not press charges against Zimmerman because the state attorney's office headed by Norman Wolfinger determined there wasn't enough evidence to lead to a conviction, the sources told ABC News.

Police brought Zimmerman into the station for questioning for a few hours on the night of the shooting, said Zimmerman's attorney, despite his request for medical attention first. Ultimately they had to accept Zimmerman's claim of self defense. He was never charged with a crime.

Serino filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night that Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman, that stated he was unconvinced Zimmerman's version of events.

Zimmerman, 28, claimed he shot Martin, 17, in self defense.

One complicating factor in the investigation was that the first detective to interview Zimmerman about the shooting was a narcotics officer rather than a homicide detective.

The State Attorney's office said only "no comment" when asked about the affidavit today.

The revelation is the latest salvo in a war of leaks meant to bolster each side amid rising tension over the shooting.

Martin's parents, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, will appear before a House panel today and rallies continue around the country demanding that Zimmermanbe arrested.

Trayvon Martin, 17, was fatally shot by... View Full Size

George Zimmerman's Comments on Trayvon Martin Watch Video

Zimmerman Defended by Friend, Lawyer for Shooting Watch Video

About 200 to 250 protesters gathered in front of the Justice Department today to demand the Justice Department to charge Zimmerman with a federal hate crime.

Martin's family attorney confirmed today that the teenager was suspended from his Miami school three times over the past year.

Family attorney Benjamin Crump told ABC News that Martin had been slapped with a 10 day school suspension after a bag with suspected marijuana was found in his backpack.

Last year Martin was suspended for spraying graffiti on school grounds. The Miami Herald reported that the school guard who stopped him searched his backpack and found 12 items of women's jewelry and a flathead screw driver that the guard believed to be a "burglary implement." But Martin was never charged or specifically disciplined for the incident.

Crump alleged that the Sanford police had leaked damaging information about Martin into order to muddy the case, calling it a "conspiracy." Crump called the school disciplinary problems "irrelevant" to the case that "an unarmed 17 year kid was killed."

The case has triggered national interest with pro-Martin rallies in cities from coast to coast. Martin's mother has moved to trademark two popular rallying cries, "I am Trayvon" and "Justice for Trayvon." The family said it does not want want other people printing memorabilia.

"Sybrina Fulton has no desire to profit from her son's death, but wants to protect her son's name legacy," said family representative Ryan Julison.

Martin was shot as he made his way to his father's fiance's house while returning from a convenience store where he bought a pack of Skittles and iced tea. He was followed by Zimmerman who found him suspicious.

At some point, Zimmerman ignored the suggestion from a 911 dispatcher that he stop following Martin, left his truck and went to look for Martin.

At the same time, Martin was on the phone with his girlfriend and complained that someone was following him.

What happened then is not clear. The girlfriend has said that she heard Martin ask someone, "Why are you following me?" before the sounds of a scuffle and the phone was disconnected.

Zimmerman is described as 5-foot-9 and well over 200 pounds while Martin was 6-foot-3 and 150 pounds.

Leaks from the police report detail Zimmerman telling police he was heading back to his truck when Martin knocked him down with a punch to his nose, jumped on him, repeatedly banged his head on the ground, then tried to grab Zimmerman's gun.

In a struggle for Zimmerman's gun, the watchman shot the teenager, Zimmerman told police.

Thanks for posting this.  It is a problem for the prosecution that he went from wanting to charge him to believing him...not sure how they will dig out of that one.  They did get it stricken from the record so it can't be brought up during the closing arguements and they are still calling witnesses so maybe they have more.

Actually, it's not surprising me that you are lying about WHAT was said

In commenting on the consistency of Zimmerman's story as well as Zimmerman's apparent relief when falsely told there was a video of the confrontation, Serino said Zimmemran had to be either a pathological liar or telling the truth.

"If we were to take pathological liar off the table…do you think he was telling the truth?" asked defense attorney Mark O'Mara.

"Yes," responded Serino.

Excuse me?  If I was lying so are you....you printed the text of what I said above.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)