Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ugh.. Never mind forget the question..

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 545 Replies
I changed this because everyone got so off topic. We went from a nice conversation with good points on both sides to my religion an myself being bashed to the ground with comments like "you're brainwashed" "you're sentencing yourself to damnation" and "this "church" is based on nothing but deceit and falsehoods."
That wasn't the point of the original post at all.. So unless you want to get back to the point can we move on please?

Here's the original post ya crybabies...

Quoting little.worthen:

I'm just curious if you could tell me why LDS people get all the bashing but Jewish people do not?
We both have sacred temple covenants
We both wear garments or (special underwear I've heard them called)
We both don't believe in the trinity

Jewish people don't even believe in Jesus.

Now I'm in no way bashing the Jewish religion, I'm just curious why the LDS are bashed mainly for the same things the Jewish religion do.
I suppose it's not a big deal either way, I'm just curious what people's opinions are.
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this

LDS are not Jews nor are they close to Jews.  Jews have never left the path. 

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM
10 moms liked this

Jews get bashed all the time.

delilahsmom1177
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM
5 moms liked this

LDS was all made by one man not THAT lon ago Jews are the same as they have been for millennia.

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM
I never said they were the same. I said they share a few similarities that only the LDS get bashed for

Quoting snookyfritz:

delilahsmom1177
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Because the LDS is evil.

Quoting little.worthen:

I never said they were the same. I said they share a few similarities that only the LDS get bashed for

Quoting snookyfritz:

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM
21 moms liked this

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Jews are not door to door Religion salesmen.

AlekD
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM
11 moms liked this

It's based on totally arbitrary popular opinion. Hating on Christians and/or LDS makes you look cool, hating on other religions doesn't. *shrug*

little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah.... I was looking for actual intelligent answers but okay.

And what do you have to back up this statement? Lol do you even know anyone who is LDS?

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Because the LDS is evil.

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting snookyfritz:

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't bash LDS.  Most are very nice people who raise very nice and responsible children.

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting snookyfritz:

little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM
3 moms liked this
This is actually a very good answer and probably has a lot of truth

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Jews are not door to door Religion salesmen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)