Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ugh.. Never mind forget the question..

I changed this because everyone got so off topic. We went from a nice conversation with good points on both sides to my religion an myself being bashed to the ground with comments like "you're brainwashed" "you're sentencing yourself to damnation" and "this "church" is based on nothing but deceit and falsehoods."
That wasn't the point of the original post at all.. So unless you want to get back to the point can we move on please?

Here's the original post ya crybabies...

Quoting little.worthen:

I'm just curious if you could tell me why LDS people get all the bashing but Jewish people do not?
We both have sacred temple covenants
We both wear garments or (special underwear I've heard them called)
We both don't believe in the trinity

Jewish people don't even believe in Jesus.

Now I'm in no way bashing the Jewish religion, I'm just curious why the LDS are bashed mainly for the same things the Jewish religion do.
I suppose it's not a big deal either way, I'm just curious what people's opinions are.
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Okay. I have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to women and children.. I'd like to see where you came up with that.. Probably from inside your head.. Also there are no Latter Day Saint cults. At all. When the church was first started it was the church of Christ and eventually a bunch of people branched off and took the Mormon basics and formed their own separate religions, but that has nothing to do with the LDS.

It doesn't sound like you know what pure talking about at all. The LDS are far, far, far from evil.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Well if you read my FIRST reply... Anyway hmmm how many LDS cults have been found? How many abuse children and women?

Quoting little.worthen:

Yeah.... I was looking for actual intelligent answers but okay.

And what do you have to back up this statement? Lol do you even know anyone who is LDS?

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Because the LDS is evil.

Quoting little.worthen:

I never said they were the same. I said they share a few similarities that only the LDS get bashed for

Quoting snookyfritz:

LDS are not Jews nor are they close to Jews.  Jews have never left the path. 

armywifey1983
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Jews DO believe in Jesus, but not that he was the son of God. They believe he was more of an important prophet. (I apologize now if I am incorrect, this is simply coming from what I once heard television *yes, tv*). I do not claim to be an expert in any religion, so corrections as needed are welcomed. :)
little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM
That's sad but I haven't ever experienced anything like that.

Quoting Arroree:

That's certainly what they want people to think and the image they portray, not quite the reality though sadly. There's more nastiness and backbiting in the LDS church than in most high schools. Putting out that Stepford Wives perfection image is what they're taught to do, then they get together and tear people apart behind their backs.  They're subtle in their viciousness but vicious nonetheless *some not even all that subtle* They can make an Ahmish shunning seem friendly.

Stuff like this is why there's an entire community of people recovering from being members, there are support groups to help people get past the damage done to them from it all.

Quoting snookyfritz:

I don't bash LDS.  Most are very nice people who raise very nice and responsible children.

Quoting little.worthen:

I never said they were the same. I said they share a few similarities that only the LDS get bashed for

Quoting snookyfritz:

LDS are not Jews nor are they close to Jews.  Jews have never left the path. 

little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM
You're right. Sorry I didn't clarify. I meant believe in him as the son of God.

Quoting armywifey1983:

Jews DO believe in Jesus, but not that he was the son of God. They believe he was more of an important prophet. (I apologize now if I am incorrect, this is simply coming from what I once heard television *yes, tv*). I do not claim to be an expert in any religion, so corrections as needed are welcomed. :)
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM

WOOHOOOO -- Dean makes my toes tingle (and other places, too!!) wink

Quoting Glitchtastic:

Okay. Just curious. I have no opinion. I don't know the first thing about LDS/Mormons. I'm Pagan. Tree huggin dirt worshippin'.. you know that whole sha-bang. 

Quoting little.worthen:

Latter Day Saint (aka Mormon)

Quoting Glitchtastic:

LDS?

\

Communication is a two way street.  Don't expect me to listen to you if you refuse to listen to me.  We will never move forward until we all listen to EACH OTHER!!

rgba
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
This, 100%

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Jews are not door to door Religion salesmen.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nuclear_sugar
by Jaye on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
In my experience, Jewish people keep their religion to themselves, while most members of the LDS church do not. I've never had an attractive young Jewish man bicycle into my neighborhood to talk to me about Yaweh (pity that), but I am frequently accosted by young LDS followers on their proselytizing routes. I've also never seen large conglomerates of Jewish people work together to influence the political world, like the Mormon church did in the West during the Prop 8 debate. Generally, I find that the groups who assert themselves as "the right choice" or "the only choice" among outsiders are the ones that are singled out to be picked on. It's the same reason there is more bashing of Evangellical Christianity than, say, Buddhism. Both belief sets seem strange to the rest of us, but at least I've never been told I'm going to hell for not being Buddhist.

I personally don't have a problem with the LDS around here...they're very nice when they do come by. But my only close experiences with LDS members was with a group that was extremely racist. They believes that black people had the "mark of Cain" and couldn't possibly be sent to Heaven. Their entire extended family eventually moved to Idaho, in their words, "to get away from the black element." They were otherwise nice people, but that was just really distasteful. Of course, I'm in the South...these people were definitely not the only ones here who use their religion to justify racism. And I'm positive this Cain nonsense is not a mainstream LDS belief.
armywifey1983
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM
No problem.

Quoting little.worthen:

You're right. Sorry I didn't clarify. I meant believe in him as the son of God.

Quoting armywifey1983:

Glitchtastic
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM

You and me both! :D 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

WOOHOOOO -- Dean makes my toes tingle (and other places, too!!) wink

Quoting Glitchtastic:

Okay. Just curious. I have no opinion. I don't know the first thing about LDS/Mormons. I'm Pagan. Tree huggin dirt worshippin'.. you know that whole sha-bang. 

Quoting little.worthen:

Latter Day Saint (aka Mormon)

Quoting Glitchtastic:

LDS?

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I'm going with this.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Jews are not door to door Religion salesmen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)