Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ugh.. Never mind forget the question..

I changed this because everyone got so off topic. We went from a nice conversation with good points on both sides to my religion an myself being bashed to the ground with comments like "you're brainwashed" "you're sentencing yourself to damnation" and "this "church" is based on nothing but deceit and falsehoods."
That wasn't the point of the original post at all.. So unless you want to get back to the point can we move on please?

Here's the original post ya crybabies...

Quoting little.worthen:

I'm just curious if you could tell me why LDS people get all the bashing but Jewish people do not?
We both have sacred temple covenants
We both wear garments or (special underwear I've heard them called)
We both don't believe in the trinity

Jewish people don't even believe in Jesus.

Now I'm in no way bashing the Jewish religion, I'm just curious why the LDS are bashed mainly for the same things the Jewish religion do.
I suppose it's not a big deal either way, I'm just curious what people's opinions are.
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you serious? Jewish people never get "bashed"? Did you take a history class ever??

Quoting little.worthen:

I'm just curious if you could tell me why LDS people get all the bashing but Jewish people do not?

Now I'm in no way bashing the Jewish religion, I'm just curious why the LDS are bashed mainly for the same things the Jewish religion do.
I suppose it's not a big deal either way, I'm just curious what people's opinions are.

caito
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never ever had a Jewish person try to convert me. The Mormons? Oh hell.

little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I didn't say they've never been bashed, I said not as much.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Are you serious? Jewish people never get "bashed"? Did you take a history class ever??

Quoting little.worthen:

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:50 PM
5 moms liked this

If you want people to take your questions seriously, you need to educate yourself on the topic.  Jewish people are probably one of the most persecuted groups throughout history.  You sound ridiculous stating the LDS are bashed and the Jews aren't as much.

Quoting little.worthen:

I didn't say you bash them either. Generally the LDS are bashed more. That's all

Quoting snookyfritz:

I don't bash LDS.  Most are very nice people who raise very nice and responsible children.

Quoting little.worthen:

I never said they were the same. I said they share a few similarities that only the LDS get bashed for

Quoting snookyfritz:

LDS are not Jews nor are they close to Jews.  Jews have never left the path. 

little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I know that can be annoying. I used to squirt missionaries with super soarers filled with ketchup before I was a member. (And was also 12)

Quoting caito:

I've never ever had a Jewish person try to convert me. The Mormons? Oh hell.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Little.wothen, is that you in the avatar pic?  You are strikingly beautiful.  Just wanted to pass that along because it goes through my head every time I see your avator.  Near as I can tell, your inside matches your outside, so I hope you do not worry too much about those who do choose to bash you over your religion:)

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:52 PM

OMG....Have you heard of the Holocaust? Pogroms?  As a culture and religion Jewish people have always been targets of hate.

Quoting little.worthen:

I didn't say they've never been bashed, I said not as much.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting little.worthen:

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

My family moved a lot so we went to about 8 different LDS churches over the years and they were all the same. If you weren't what they considered to be in the elite they treated you like you just didn't exist. It was a lot like the Ahmish shunnings, we'd be there and they would all smile and nod but very few would say more than a few words to us and there were always the whispers and stares when they thought we weren't looking. By the time i was in HS it started really standing out to me, the other LDS kids weren't even allowed to have any contact with us outside of school or church, literally their parents wouldn't let them speak to us or come to visit. We were invited to all the church events but if we went there was always space between us and the others.

It wasn't just our family that went through this either, it was any family that the upper members didn't consider to be at their level of worthiness. Multi-racial families *like mine* poor families, families from "the wrong side of the tracks" families that had a relative who was a non-Mormon.

One of my friends is a Black woman who also grew up in the church and she too had the exact same experiences and is no longer a member because of it. Another friend is a current member and married to a man who is working to become a higher member and even she's dealing with it right now and trying to keep positive about it but it's starting to wear her down. The other sisters won't come to her home even though it's a lovely home, she has to go to them, she has to call them as they won't call her, she has to put out ALL effort while they simply smile and nod and act as though they love her just the same while they treat her like an outcast.

This isn't even going into how they act about abuse in the home, either physical, mental or sexual.

Quoting little.worthen:

Okay but let me ask you this. Was it the religion that gave you the bad memories, or experiences you had with a couple handfuls of people who belong to the church?

Quoting Arroree:

I grew up in the LDS church and have awful memories due to it, that's where my disdain comes from. The Jews i've known over the years have been nothing but kind and considerate, never pushing their beliefs at me or using them to treat me badly or judge me, so i have nothing bad to say about them.

I think that's what it boils down to for a lot of people.

little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I know they are bashed a lot. But not quite as much as the ld church. I suppose if you look at it overtime the Jewish people have technically been bashed more since they've been around centuries longer, but as of current, I'd say the Mormons have the lead.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

If you want people to take your questions seriously, you need to educate yourself on the topic.  Jewish people are probably one of the most persecuted groups throughout history.  You sound ridiculous stating the LDS are bashed and the Jews aren't as much.

Quoting little.worthen:

I didn't say you bash them either. Generally the LDS are bashed more. That's all

Quoting snookyfritz:

I don't bash LDS.  Most are very nice people who raise very nice and responsible children.

Quoting little.worthen:

I never said they were the same. I said they share a few similarities that only the LDS get bashed for

Quoting snookyfritz:

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM
6 moms liked this

Now you sound really ridiculous.  I consider killing 8 million Jews pretty horrific. THe LDS does not compare in suffering.

Quoting little.worthen:

I know they are bashed a lot. But not quite as much as the ld church. I suppose if you look at it overtime the Jewish people have technically been bashed more since they've been around centuries longer, but as of current, I'd say the Mormons have the lead.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN