Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ugh.. Never mind forget the question..

I changed this because everyone got so off topic. We went from a nice conversation with good points on both sides to my religion an myself being bashed to the ground with comments like "you're brainwashed" "you're sentencing yourself to damnation" and "this "church" is based on nothing but deceit and falsehoods."
That wasn't the point of the original post at all.. So unless you want to get back to the point can we move on please?

Here's the original post ya crybabies...

Quoting little.worthen:

I'm just curious if you could tell me why LDS people get all the bashing but Jewish people do not?
We both have sacred temple covenants
We both wear garments or (special underwear I've heard them called)
We both don't believe in the trinity

Jewish people don't even believe in Jesus.

Now I'm in no way bashing the Jewish religion, I'm just curious why the LDS are bashed mainly for the same things the Jewish religion do.
I suppose it's not a big deal either way, I'm just curious what people's opinions are.
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. That is my pic and that's very sweet.

I just like debating religion and I was bored today, so no hard feeling will come of this post (= it's just a boredom buster. Thank you (=

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Little.wothen, is that you in the avatar pic?  You are strikingly beautiful.  Just wanted to pass that along because it goes through my head every time I see your avator.  Near as I can tell, your inside matches your outside, so I hope you do not worry too much about those who do choose to bash you over your religion:)

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I do not think she was speaking historically and world wide, I think she was referencing online groups like CM.  In general, on massive boards like CEHT, I have seen very little bashing of Judaism. 

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

If you want people to take your questions seriously, you need to educate yourself on the topic.  Jewish people are probably one of the most persecuted groups throughout history.  You sound ridiculous stating the LDS are bashed and the Jews.

Quoting little.worthen:

I didn't say you bash them either. Generally the LDS are bashed more. That's all

Quoting snookyfritz:

I don't bash LDS.  Most are very nice people who raise very nice and responsible children.

Quoting little.worthen:

I never said they were the same. I said they share a few similarities that only the LDS get bashed for

Quoting snookyfritz:

LDS are not Jews nor are they close to Jews.  Jews have never left the path. 

\

Communication is a two way street.  Don't expect me to listen to you if you refuse to listen to me.  We will never move forward until we all listen to EACH OTHER!!

little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Lol. That reminds me of something my husband said.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

OMG....Have you heard of the Holocaust? Pogroms?  As a culture and religion Jewish people have always been targets of hate.

Quoting little.worthen:

I didn't say they've never been bashed, I said not as much.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Are you serious? Jewish people never get "bashed"? Did you take a history class ever??

Quoting little.worthen:

I'm just curious if you could tell me why LDS people get all the bashing but Jewish people do not?

Now I'm in no way bashing the Jewish religion, I'm just curious why the LDS are bashed mainly for the same things the Jewish religion do.

I suppose it's not a big deal either way, I'm just curious what people's opinions are.

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah, jews are never bashed. We were/are the most hated religious group in history. People just think mormons are wierd. Big difference between that and millions killed.
little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay. You're obviously getting really worked up over this so let's just end it now before anyone gets upset.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Now you sound really ridiculous.  I consider killing 8 million Jews pretty horrific. THe LDS does not compare in suffering.

Quoting little.worthen:

I know they are bashed a lot. But not quite as much as the ld church. I suppose if you look at it overtime the Jewish people have technically been bashed more since they've been around centuries longer, but as of current, I'd say the Mormons have the lead.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

If you want people to take your questions seriously, you need to educate yourself on the topic.  Jewish people are probably one of the most persecuted groups throughout history.  You sound ridiculous stating the LDS are bashed and the Jews aren't as much.

Quoting little.worthen:

I didn't say you bash them either. Generally the LDS are bashed more. That's all

Quoting snookyfritz:

I don't bash LDS.  Most are very nice people who raise very nice and responsible children.

Quoting little.worthen:

I never said they were the same. I said they share a few similarities that only the LDS get bashed for

Quoting snookyfritz:

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM
You worship as you see fit. I'll worship as I see fit. Lets go get lunch after services then buy some shoes. That is about as concerned as I am over the religion / non-religion of another.
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Actually, she said that maybe Jews have been bashed more but not has much as LDS when I referenced historical events.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I do not think she was speaking historically and world wide, I think she was referencing online groups like CM.  In general, on massive boards like CEHT, I have seen very little bashing of Judaism. 

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

If you want people to take your questions seriously, you need to educate yourself on the topic.  Jewish people are probably one of the most persecuted groups throughout history.  You sound ridiculous stating the LDS are bashed and the Jews.

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting snookyfritz:

jllcali
by Jane on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Jews get bashed plenty. I live in a heavily catholic area, and hear nasty things said about Jews/Jewish people/the Jewish faith much more frequently than I hear nasty things said about LDS. Usually the only time I have heard nasty things said about LDS people is when there is something in the news regarding claims of marrying young girls to older men. If there is someone on the news with a jewish sounding name, it is not uncommon to hear people make rude comments about that person, relating to jewish people. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard some random asshole say "what do you expect from a fucking jew" in a public place that has a tv tuned to the news or a newspaper, I'd have a lot of money.
little.worthen
by Tess on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Actually she's right. You just turned it into historical events. I agreed with you.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Actually, she said that maybe Jews have been bashed more but not has much as LDS when I referenced historical events.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting little.worthen:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow...and that is funny to you....that speaks volumes

Quoting little.worthen:

Lol. That reminds me of something my husband said.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

OMG....Have you heard of the Holocaust? Pogroms?  As a culture and religion Jewish people have always been targets of hate.

Quoting little.worthen:

I didn't say they've never been bashed, I said not as much.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Are you serious? Jewish people never get "bashed"? Did you take a history class ever??

Quoting little.worthen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN