Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O Just Lock Me in a Closet & Pray Over Me

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 89 Replies
35 moms liked this

This is in response to the belief that GLB, especially lesbians, have too much PDA, & therefore should go back into the closet & lock it.  It is also in response to the idea that GLB need to be prayed over because we are sick or an abomination.  Much of this was in my reply on the other thread, but not all of it.

As a lesbian I do not believe that lesbians have more public displays of affection. when heterosexuals have public displays of affection they may be told to knock it off. As a lesbian I have to live in constant fear of public displays of affection causing my partner & I to be knocked off. This is not just paranoia. This is why hate crimes includes gay and lesbian individuals. I have known folks threatened with murder for simply looking lesbian, never mind PDA.  Boys Don't Cry, a movie based on a real life story, may have been educational for some. For me it was a constant everlasting reminder of the hate crimes that my community goes through all the time.

I believe that it starts with praying over gays and lesbians because we're sick and something is wrong with us, and then it goes on to believing that we need to be locked in closets for public displays of affection, and finally we need to be locked in gas chambers and ovens just like in the Holocaust. It's easy to forget the Holocaust killed thousands upon thousands of gays and lesbians but that's the truth. This is a historical fact, & not a simple comparison.  Hitler ordered the killing of GLBs, & not just Jews, the disabled, those of Roma decent, anarchists, etc.

Being locked in a closet is a form of abuse and if it were said about blacks, or if it were said about women, or if it were said about children, we would all recognize that was abuse, but if it is said about gays and lesbians it's religious freedom. Instead what it is is just a few steps away from Nazi America.

the fact is that gay and lesbian teens are at a much higher risk of suicide. Saying that they should be locked in a closet certainly doesn't make them want to live. Homophobia against our youth is genocide against our youth.

Being gay or lesbian hasn't been considered an illness in a very long time.  And if one is going to consider homosexuality an abomination, one better know Leviticus backwards & forwards & know all of the abominations.  Shellfish is also an abomination.  There are many abominations in Leviticus.  Why do most people seem to think that only this one matters?  That is bunk.

If any of you are looking to pray, pray for all of us to be safe, pray for the knowledge to know that we are all created in the Divine's image, pray for us all to be loved by each other and to love ourselves, pray for the end of homophobia, and pray for peace.

Bookwormy

Hate Is NOT a Family Value.

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punky3175
by Punky on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Very nicely said.

stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I am still curious of this. Are subjects in nature that are homosexual considered a creation of the devil or an abomination?

Good post.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Hugs, Im sorry you and your family have to live in fear. 

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Which post was that? Jeebus H, man.

I feel so fortunate to live in the area I do. I see gay and straight couples holding hands on an almost regular basis...no PDAs (maybe on campus at the university) other than that from either gay or straight couples.
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Who said you should be locked in a closet and prayed for?

Regardless, I'm sorry that you have to live your life in fear? That is a horrible way to live:(

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, and incidentally, PDA grosses me out when Anyone does it. Get a room already!!!!

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

As a Jew, I would have to say an abomination.  LOL

Thank you!

Quoting stormcris:

I am still curious of this. Are subjects in nature that are homosexual considered a creation of the devil or an abomination?

Good post.

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM

This is in response to a specific response on Dear Parents about gays & lesbians needing to return to the closet & lock in & several responses there as well about needing prayer.  None were said about me personally.  I do not have even one photo of myself & my partner on CM, let alone our DD.  I did notice some individuals posting such vile remarks did have a picture of a het couple touching.  That's not really gross, but I would never publically post that, for fear of retaliation.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Did someone say that in another thread? You make good points here
Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Dear Parents thread. 

Quoting NWP:

Did someone say that in another thread? You make good points here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)