Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Nazi flag is anti-Obama, not anti-Jew, says homeowner...because nothing says I love America like a Nazi flag!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 73 Replies
1 mom liked this

Nazi flag is anti-Obama, not anti-Jew, says homeowner

Feels Obama is leading country to totalitarianism

The flag of Nazi Germany flies along with flags of the United States, the U.S. Marines and the Vatican on the front of Joseph Sincavage's house on Connors Lane in Stratford June 27. Sincavage says the message is anti-totalitarianism, not anti-Jew. Greg Reilly photo.

The flag of Nazi Germany flies along with flags of the United States, the U.S. Marines and the Vatican on the front of Joseph Sincavage’s house on Connors Lane in Stratford June 27. Sincavage says the message is anti-totalitarianism, not anti-Jew. Greg Reilly photo.

“I respect your First Amendment rights,” a Connors Lane neighbor told Joseph Sincavage about the Nazi swastika flag hanging off the front of Sincavage’s house.

“I don’t respect Nazism, but I respect your First Amendment rights,” said the neighbor.

That episode, which took place as a reporter was suggesting that passersby could conclude that the flag flyer was anti-Jew, seemed to help Sincavage understand the suggestion.

At that moment, late morning Thursday June 27, Sincavage decided to fly an Israeli flag also, “so Jewish people won’t think I’m mad at them or anything like that.” He immediately ordered one and said, “It’s on the way.”

The flag of Nazi Germany, which symbolizes for many race supremacy, hatred, violence and murder of Jewish people, is being flown not to convey those messages, said Sincavage, a 73-year-old U.S. Marine. He said he is flying the flag as a symbol of a totalitarian state, which he said Germany became, and which he feels the United States is becoming under President Barack Obama.

He said he is flying the symbol of totalitarianism next to the American flag, a symbol of the U.S. Constitution, to show the contrast. Also flying on Sincavage’s house is a flag of the U.S. Marines and a flag of the Vatican.

“I am going to keep flying (the Nazi flag) until Obama changes his policies, resigns or gets impeached,” Sincavage said. “I am going to stay with it on the basis of my First Amendment rights.”

The Stratfordite said he “didn’t realize people would take it as offensive,” and he is not a member of any type of group associated with the flag.

“I have no animosity toward Jewish people,” he told The Star. “They too are being given an unfair deal by President Obama. The founder of my religion was a Jew.”

He said that Obama told the Israelis not to attack Iran while he was running for election. Sincavage added that Iran is building nuclear weapons and has threatened to annihilate Israel, so Obama in interfering with Israel’s ability to defend itself. Sincavage does not approve of those Obama policies either.

Other policies of the Obama administration that Sincavage cites as moving the U.S. toward totalitarianism include what he refers to as having regulators write laws and bypassing Congress with Executive Orders, refusing to use the word terrorists when we have terrorists here, and a general “disregard for the U.S. Constitution.”

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:23 AM
4 moms liked this

He seems like he'd be such a great neighbor.

Imagine trying to sell a house on that street lol.

AlekD
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Ugh. Disgusted to see that with the vatican flag.

As an aside, someone who lives down the street from me used to have a Soviet flag, which they took down and now have the "dont tread on me" flag.

I don't know what that means.

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I think this guy needs to understand that to the majority of people, seeing the Nazi flag will make them think he is anti-Jew.  That's what the Nazi flag generally stands for.  They will not come to the immediate conclusion that he's just anti-Obama.

candlegal
by Judy on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM

The Don't Tread on me is the teaparty flag.

Quoting AlekD:

As an aside, someone who lives down the street from me used to have a Soviet flag, which they took down and now have the "dont tread on me" flag.

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM
5 moms liked this
I love people who say "its not meant to offend" all the while knowing that's exactly what it does.

Insensitive piece of shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I know. It's that they apparently own both a soviet flag and a tea party flag that throws me off.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting AlekD:

romalove
by Roma on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM
8 moms liked this

Quoting AlekD:

I know. It's that they apparently own both a soviet flag and a tea party flag that throws me off.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting AlekD:

Apparently they ran out of the "Stay Away I'm Nuts" flags at the store so he is improvising.  :-)

AlekD
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting AlekD:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting AlekD:

Apparently they ran out of the "Stay Away I'm Nuts" flags at the store so he is improvising.  :-)

My theory was that the soviet flag was the son's, and the tea party flag is his parents.

emeraldangel20
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Quoting shannonnigans:

I love people who say "its not meant to offend" all the while knowing that's exactly what it does.

Insensitive piece of shit.
romalove
by Roma on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting AlekD:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting AlekD:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting AlekD:

My theory was that the soviet flag was the son's, and the tea party flag is his parents.

I think most people are nuts, which is why they ran out of those flags at the store.  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)