Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Riots if Zimmerman Wins? Real Possibility or Conjecture?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:23 AM
JRM
  • 157 Replies

Race Riots Anticipated If Zimmerman Walks Free

AUTHOR 

JUNE 28, 2013 5:10PM PST

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/06/20115-race-riots-anticipated-if-zimmerman-walks-free/

A former Chicago cop warns that massive, violent race riots may spring up in cities across America if George Zimmerman is acquitted of the murder of Trayvon Martin.

As we reported yesterday, hundreds of Twitter users have been posting nasty, racist, and violent Tweets expressing their desire to kill people if Zimmerman is not found guilty.

Here are a few of those Tweets (brace yourself):

Screen shot 2013-06-28 at 12.33.35 AMScreen shot 2013-06-28 at 12.33.28 AMScreen shot 2013-06-28 at 12.33.12 AMScreen shot 2013-06-28 at 12.33.00 AM

Paul Huebl, a licensed private detective and a former Chicago police officer thinks the case against Zimmerman should not have been filed in the first place. He said, “I fully expect organized race rioting to begin in every major city to dwarf the Rodney King and the Martin Luther King riots of past decades.”

“If you live in a large city be prepared to evacuate or put up a fight to win. You will need firearms, fire suppression equipment along with lots of food and water. Police resources will be slow and outgunned everywhere,” Huebl continued. “America may see some combat related population control like we’ve not seen since the Civil War. Martial Law can’t be far behind complete with major efforts at gun grabbing.”

Former presidential advisor Pat Buchanan issued similar warnings last month. He said, “The public mind has been so poisoned that an acquittal of George Zimmerman could ignite a reaction similar to that, 20 years ago, when the Simi Valley jury acquitted the LAPD cops in the Rodney King beating case.”

Political Strategist Charles D. Ellison warned that if Zimmerman walks, “There is the risk of a flashpoint as intense as the aftermath of that fateful Los Angeles police brutality verdict in 1992. At that time, many underestimated the potential for social unrest. And a bit over 20 years to the date, many could be making the same miscalculation at this very moment. The ingredients are there in Sanford and they loom large nationally, from an economy barely managing its own recovery to an unemployment rate that’s much higher than it should be, particularly for African-Americans.”

Critics of Zimmerman’s charge point to evidence that suggests he did indeed act in self defense, and that the case against him is built on racial politics. Here is some of that evidence:

-Zimmerman had a bloody nose and injuries to the head, suggesting Martin has physically beat him up.

-NBC News knowingly edited Zimmerman’s 911 call to make him seem racist.

-President Barack Obama injected emotion and race in the case, saying, “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”

-A police report suggested that Martin was on top of Zimmerman, beating him while Zimmerman was flat on his back.

-An witness said that Martin’s knuckles were bloodied, suggesting he had beat up Zimmerman.

-Officer Christopher Serino, the lead investigator on the scene, said Zimmerman was heard “yelling for help as he was being battered by Trayvon Martin.”

If Zimmerman does walk free, hopefully authorities will be prepared for any riots that may break out.

Do you think race riots are a real possibility, or mere conjecture? 

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM
5 moms liked this

Yes I think it is a real possibility.Any one of those sorry assed punks can bring it because I can take care of my family.They can join Trayvon if that is how they want it to be.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM
7 moms liked this

No. I think it is a bunch of young kids/adults frustrated and talking smack. 

Mommabearbergh
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Don't see it happening but I would understand if major cities were on high alert.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds stupid.
GOBryan
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:52 AM
6 moms liked this

It's a possibility by some but that's because they are also people who want the opportunity to create problems and hurt people to begin with. 

romalove
by Roma on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM
5 moms liked this

It's always a possibility.  I hope there is no more violence in the wake of what is already unnecessary violence.

Happymamax2
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM
5 moms liked this

I believe that riots could break out this time if there is not a guilty verdict.  There might not be enough evidence to convict Zimmerman in this case, although I think he is guilty as charged and should spend the rest of his life in jail.  But this case is a symbol of a much larger and genuine problem with our justice system.

Then again, they called for riots before Zimmerman was arrested and they never materialized, so maybe everyone just wants to stoke fears by insinuating that they will happen.  Maybe there will be PROTESTS.  That is the American way, and perfectly legal.  Maybe we should assume there will be protests.  Without protests, I doubt Zimmerman would have been arrested to begin with.   

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM
11 moms liked this
Maybe there will be protests. They will be categorized as riots if a lot if black people are there, no doubt. HHowever the total breakdown of society predicted by the "former police officer and licensed private detective" is just ridiculous.
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:12 AM
3 moms liked this

I think its a possibility....Im sure there are a lot of people around the country who are lovingly stroking their guns in an-ti-ci-pa-ti...........

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah maybe but it would be out of self defense at least.shrugs..

Quoting turtle68:

I think its a possibility....Im sure there are a lot of people around the country who are lovingly stroking their guns in an-ti-ci-pa-ti...........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN