Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Former Sen. Jim DeMint Claims Women Want Forced Ultrasounds

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 8 Replies

Former Sen. Jim DeMint Claims Women Want Forced Ultrasounds 

article image

Former U.S. Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC), who is now head of the conservative Heritage Foundation, claimed on NBC News' "Meet the Press" that women actually enjoy being forced by law to have an ultrasound.

DeMint was referring to states where Republicans have passed “informed consent” laws requiring women to have ultrasounds before having an abortion, noted RawStory.com.

“The more the ultrasounds have become part of the law, where a woman gets the opportunity to see that there’s a real child, it’s beginning to change minds, and I think that’s a good thing,” said DeMint.

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow stated that it was not an "opportunity" to have the procedure, but a requirement by law.

“It’s an invasive vaginal forced procedure that a woman cannot say no to by order of the state government," Maddow reminded DeMint.

“She’s forgetting about the thousands of women who want an informed choice, who want the opportunity to get a free ultrasound, which they can get not from Planned Parenthood, but from a lot of these pregnancy centers," claimed DeMint.

Maddow again reminded DeMint that the ultrasounds were not are a "choice" and were not "free" in many of the states that require the procedure.

Source: RawStory.com

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jllcali
by Jane on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:41 AM
4 moms liked this
Any woman who doesn't already know that an elective abortion ends a pregnancy probably shouldn't be contributing to the gene pool.
joyfree
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh, that's right, he wants to make sure that women get the "opportunity" to be internally "probed" so that they can better see the hardest decision that they might ever have to make, plus PAY for this "opportunity".

What a tool. I saw a video clip of the exchange and this guy is out there, ladies!!!

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

This man and others like him are delusional. 

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Men like this man should not be allowed to open their fucking traps concerning the subject of female reproduciton ever.

celticwych
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I think that alot of men should have forced anal and penal ultra sounds. It might answer a few questions.

lga1965
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Quoting joyfree:

Oh, that's right, he wants to make sure that women get the "opportunity" to be internally "probed" so that they can better see the hardest decision that they might ever have to make, plus PAY for this "opportunity".

What a tool. I saw a video clip of the exchange and this guy is out there, ladies!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:27 PM
How lucky women are to have men like this this think for them.
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. SC seems to have a big supply of them but thank god for Mississippi, we aren't in last place in every category. woohoo.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)