Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you do this for your daughter?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM
  • 167 Replies
If your young daughter faced a genetic disease that would cause her to have to have an early hysterectomy, would you consider A) having her eggs harvested so she could use a surrogate to have biological children whenshe is married or B) support her choice to become a young, teen mom?
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
desertlvn
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd support her in any way she wanted.

babymine
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM
A
thenameshailie
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM
No
TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I'd definitely support and help with A as much as we could. B, would be a very tough choice for me to have her make, but I never say never.
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would NOT support the choice to become a young teen mother. I would support harvesting her eggs for future use.

I was told at age 18 that I had Endometriosis and that I should try to have a baby or I might not be able to have one. I'm glad I didn't listen to that Dr. I wasn't ready to have a baby. Incidentally, during my
C-section they OB found no Endometriosis.

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM
That's awesome. Such hard decisions at such a young age.

Quoting desertlvn:

I'd support her in any way she wanted.

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
A .. . Never B
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I battled genetic endo from 13 years old (diagnosed at 13. My issues started at 9) I had to have an emergency hysterectomy at 22. Oddly, my mother and grandmother had to have hysterectomies at 22, as well.

Quoting TruthSeeker.: I would NOT support the choice to become a young teen mother. I would support harvesting her eggs for future use.
 I was told at age 18 that I had Endometriosis and that I should try to have a baby or I might not be able to have one. I'm glad I didn't listen to that Dr. I wasn't ready to have a baby. Incidentally, during my C-section they OB found no Endometriosis.
SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd have her eggs harvested.  I couldn't possibly encourage her to throw her life away just to have a child.  She has dreams.  No reason she shouldn't be able to reach them just because she has to lose her uterus. 

snookyfritz
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Neither

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured