Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O - let's share about ourselves so we can see all of the different lifestyles in this group!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 83 Replies
1 mom liked this

Write a short autobiography! What do you enjoy doing on your down time? Do you live near family? House, apartment, lake house? Career? Share whatever you'd like! I'd love to know more about each of you! 

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM
3 moms liked this

I was born in Burnaby, British Columbia but lived most of my life in Washington state.  I married my high school sweetheart and we had 3 kids.  I own my house that my late husband built.  It sits on five acres on a little island.  I don't have a lot of down time but I enjoy hiking, taking the kids to the beach and reading.  I am a financial advisory assistant, I work with government agencies.  I have done that for 5 years.  

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Awww! I bet your home is beautiful. I lived in Brewster Washington for like 2 months, years ago. LOL. We do a lot of hiking, and I love to read. Only thing missing is the beach. Dang. lol

Quoting Peanutx3:

I was born in Burnaby, British Columbia but lived most of my life in Washington state.  I married my high school sweetheart and we had 3 kids.  I own my house that my late husband built.  It sits on five acres on a little island.  I don't have a lot of down time but I enjoy hiking, taking the kids to the beach and reading.  I am a financial advisory assistant, I work with government agencies.  I have done that for 5 years.  

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
3 moms liked this

I grew up in S. Texas, met my husband in college and he decided to join the Marine Corps. 24 years later we've moved 17 times. My kids were very high maintenance and drove me to change my degree from Special Education to the Behavior Sciences. I spent years working with children on the spectrum before taking a couple years off for health problems. My mom died 6 years ago and my dad passed last year. I was left the family business, a gun range. Now both my husband and son are active duty Marines, my daughter attends a private Christian college in Colorado and my husband is stationed at the Pentagon. I split my time between the DC metro area and the homestead in S. Texas. I have a staff that keeps the range running, but my daughter and I are down here for most of the summer. I have very different, split lives. Its hard being away from my  husband so much but its' only until May 2015!

Hobbies: I sew. For real. I bought a Ford Expedition with my sewing money. I used to design ball gowns and had my own line of toddler's clothes for girls with sensory issues many years ago.

Oh yeah...wine. It got me through the teenaged years. Vodka helped too.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Happy Canada day!

Quoting Peanutx3:

~"Free the child's potential, and you will transform both the child and the world."

Dr. Maria Montessori~

Lizardannie1966
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Born in California and moved here to Arizona right after my 7th birthday.

I will be 47 in August and have been married over 27 years. We have three kid's and multiple pets.

My Mom is the closest to me as far as distance, living only a town away. We live in a house on the western fringe of the area close to Phoenix.

I am a SAHM and home educating parent of our youngest. I am also a budding author, working on my first book.

Dh and I considering a possible small food truck type of business. Maybe specialties we've created over time. Who knows?

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I live in Westchester NY with my husband and 4 kids. Prior to moving to Westchester, I had lived my entire life in Queens.  We live far enough away from my MIL that she's only here once or twice a month...usually about 2 nights per visit.  

I started with my company, a medical publishing company, in 1995. I'm looking forward to my 20 year anniversary and the perks that come with it! I work full time from home. It was an office job that my boss converted to a work from home position in 2009 when I got pregnant with my 3rd child.

The fact that I work from home and my husband is self-employed and also works from home allowed us to move without having to worry about commuting.

My recent favorite pasttime is baking but since I'm trying to lose weight, I've had to give up the baking. Sad because I do love my sweets.

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this

We live at the beach in Southern California.  My husbans is a tattoo artist and water color painter.  I am a stay at home mom to our son Lucky who has moderate-severe Autism.  We are all SoCal born and raised.  We love to drive around in our golf cart and enjoy our town and beach.  I have a BA in Speech Communication from Long Beach State and went to high school in Big Bear Lake where my Mom and her Wife still live.

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

How fun!! My husband and I want to buy a huge RV and smoker, and beocme 'pit masters' after he retires. Travel the country and enter bbq competitions. LOL

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

I will be 47 in August and have been married over 27 years. We have three kid's and multiple pets.

My Mom is the closest to me as far as distance, living only a town away. We live in a house on the western fringe of the area close to Phoenix.

I am a SAHM and home educating parent of our youngest. I am also a budding author, working on my first book.

Dh and I considering a possible small food truck type of business. Maybe specialties we've created over time. Who knows?

RobinChristine
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I was born and raised in Toledo,Ohio. I had a Catholic education,my parents wanted that for us four  kids as they were Catholic . I have epilepsey and for years it wa suncontrolled. I would seize  up to 9 hours with medical intervention. I married my DH after knowing him only 5 weeks,we recently have been together 29 years. I had two miscarriages loosing three babies,I lost twins. My son Is now 17YO and multi special needs. For the longest time he was total hands on,dont take your eyes off him care. Thor has gotten better in that area. He survived multiple strokes when he  was 6 weeks old so he will be forever  5/6 years old. I am a devout Christian,reading my Bible daily and  involved in church. I love Christian fiction,cross stitch,embroidery,wreath making. I love going for walks and spending time with family. I have worked as a Certified  Nurses  aide,Activity director, and  for the local Volunteers of America,our local VOA was a home for inmates coming out of the prison system and trying to reconnect with their families and find jobs. I am a people person,I do not like sitting at home

Lizardannie1966
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM

That would be so cool and along the lines of what we're considering. :)

Quoting Jack_Squat:

How fun!! My husband and I want to buy a huge RV and smoker, and beocme 'pit masters' after he retires. Travel the country and enter bbq competitions. LOL

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)