Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Animal tax?!?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM
  • 60 Replies

Mobile Photo

Just got a notification from the police department that we will be taxed on each animal owned. It'll be more if they aren't fixed. Does anyone else's town do this? Do you think it's right? I live in a small town and the only thing they have done new here is a statue made from wood =/ that made no sense.
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Is the town broke and are they seriously going to look in between a dogs legs or go on someone's home. It seems like they are trying to find ways to pump money out of people
Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM
You got this notification on FB?! Lol!
stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM

*sigh* That sucks. Do they have an animal control issue?

I just found out you could end up under arrest if your phone number shows up on the wrong persons call report. They issued 80 warrants for every non-business number on one persons call report last week. Since it is about drug trafficking you cannot merely say that they had the wrong number or even submit to a drug test as proving you do not do them is not proof you were not involved with drugs.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM

That's nuts.

muslimah
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I have never had animals.I don't think they belong in he house in the first place but I have never heard of a tax. Now I know for dogs that they do have to have license which of course you have to pay for but I don't know about other animals.

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Most places have a dog tax. It should be included in your property tax or paid to animal control or the sheriff.
unspecified42
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I've always has to pay a registration fee when I registered my animals with the county. Same idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanyainmizzou
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM
You don't have to register your pets?
yourspecialkid
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

We have lived in lots of places that required us to register our pets.  One place was $45 per year per pet.

Just another way to collect cash imo.

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Yep my city does...although I have yet to see it enforced.  I registered my dog the first year they enacted this law, but completely forgot to renew afterwards...nobody has come knocking on my door asking for proof.  I think our fine is more like $50 or $100 or something though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)