Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Necrophiliacs Will Use Supreme Court Ruling To ‘Endorse’ Their Marriages

Posted by   + Show Post

Necrophiliacs will try to use last week’s Supreme Court rulings that killed DOMA and Prop 8 to “endorse” their marriages, claims Les Kinsolving, the recently-retired White House correspondent for World Net Daily (WND). Kinsolving, who is also an Anglican minister and claims to be “twice nominated for the Pulitzer Prize,” wrote a WND column yesterday titled “I’m With Scalia, Not The Zoophiliacs.”

The list of comparisons Christian conservatives have made up to respond to the Supreme Court’s decisions last week supporting the rights of same-sex couples to marry is long, but this one beats even Concerned Women For America’s Janice Shaw Crouse’s claim that the Supreme Court’s decision on DOMA last week will lead to a “bleak future” including “imprisonment” for Christians.

Claiming that an America without sexual orientation discrimination “should be an absolute boon for those alternate Mormons who still believe in polygamy – as well as the polyandrous (women who would like to have more than one husband at a time)” Kinsolving writes:

Then, consider the great joy of members of the North American Man/Boy Love Association, or NAMBLA, which was allowed to march – men with their small boy lovers – in gay parades in both New York and San Francisco.

Among the many other alternate sexual orientations that may well be counted upon to cite this Supreme Court decision are:

The incestuous;

Necrophiliacs (providing they properly and healthily preserve the corpses);
Zoophiliacs, who practice bestiality (providing this form of sexual expression is applied only to freely consenting beasts).

The American Family Association Online has noted that the American Psychiatric Association has published 30 sexual orientations, beginning with apotemnophilia (sexual arousal associated with a stump of an amputee), asphyxophilia (sexual gratification from oxygen deprivation) and autogenophilia (sexual arousal of a man by perception of himself as a woman or dressed as a woman).

Of course, Kinsolving is wrong — way wrong.

“Kinsolving cites the myth – popularized by the American Family Association, a notorious anti-gay hate group – that the American Psychiatric Association recognizes 30 different sexual orientations, including the aforementioned practices, to baselessly push this prediction,” Media Matters reports. “In reality, the association does no such thing. But stubborn things like facts won’t stand in the way of WND and its ensemble of conspiracy cranks, bigots, and homophobes.”

LINK

Is this guy for real? I have to wonder at the mental health of people who come up with this BS. Corpses cannot consent, derp.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Replies (41-50):
daisy_deary
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Quoting romalove:

I think if the corpse can sign the marriage certificate and say "I do" that the corpse should have the same rights as everyone else.

and is at least 18 years old

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Can live persons enter contracts regarding what happens to their remains?  Why, yes...they can, already.  All we need to do for this to happen is to expand the categories.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting TranquilMind:

You think whack jobs can't get things notarized?  Of course it would have to be a written agreement. That doesn't mean it can't happen.

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

That would have to be in writing, signed, and possibly notorized.  Next?

Quoting TranquilMind:

This assumes that no person will ever be able to marry anything other than a consensual adult.  I wouldn't be too sure.

I can see arguments being made that Jane Doe consented to the necrophiliac marriage prior to her death in order to satisfy her husband's "orientation" toward that kind of thing. 

Quoting kailu1835:

It won't hold up. If a person is unable to provide consent, they cannot marry.

Really? Corpses can't enter into legal contracts.

Sure, if someone wants to leave their remains to their necro friend they can do that. What does marriage have to do with it? They can't claim a corpse on their taxes nor do they need to be able to make medical or end of life decisions for a corpse and the corpse can't do any of that for their 'spouse'.

Completely ridiculous.

This conversation made me literally LOL.

I am LMAO. Can't believe anyone is actually trying to make his case. UFB

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Quoting Friday:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Can live persons enter contracts regarding what happens to their remains?  Why, yes...they can, already.  All we need to do for this to happen is to expand the categories.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting TranquilMind:

You think whack jobs can't get things notarized?  Of course it would have to be a written agreement. That doesn't mean it can't happen.

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting TranquilMind:

This assumes that no person will ever be able to marry anything other than a consensual adult.  I wouldn't be too sure.

I can see arguments being made that Jane Doe consented to the necrophiliac marriage prior to her death in order to satisfy her husband's "orientation" toward that kind of thing. 

Quoting kailu1835:

Sure, if someone wants to leave their remains to their necro friend they can do that. What does marriage have to do with it? They can't claim a corpse on their taxes nor do they need to be able to make medical or end of life decisions for a corpse and the corpse can't do any of that for their 'spouse'.

Completely ridiculous.

Is this type of sexual orientation currently legal?
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting kailu1835:

Completely ridiculous.

Is this type of sexual orientation currently legal?

Necrophilia? I have no clue. Regardless, corpses can't enter legal contracts.

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM
2 moms liked this

OH MY GOD.

What part of "consenting adults" do these people not understand? What is so hard? That's not a rhetorical question--I'm seriously asking. Why is it so hard for these people to understand that the marriage equality movement is advocating for equal marriage rights for PAIRS OF CONSENTING ADULTS? Not children, not animals, not dead people or trees or goats or piles of spaghetti. CONSENTING ADULTS. How many more times does it need to be said?!

BLEARGH. The stupidity and willful ignorance is absolutely astounding. If you don't believe that a specific group of consenting adults should be allowed to marry, then argue that point with some integrity. But don't try to build an argument based on false scenarios and claims that no one is making in the first place.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM
http://unicornbooty.com/blog/2011/12/12/how-to-explain-gay-rights-to-a-total-moron/#sthash.Hmu4EiwD.dpbs

Can some make it clicky please?
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Okay, I just don't see this happening.  I do however see the possiblity of polygamy or marriages with closer familial relations.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wickedfiress:

http://unicornbooty.com/blog/2011/12/12/how-to-explain-gay-rights-to-a-total-moron/#sthash.Hmu4EiwD.dpbs

Can some make it clicky please?

How to Explain Gay Rights to a Moron

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Probably nothing to do with it, unless the said whack job wants to be still considered "married" to the remains.  Anything is possible in this crazy environment. 

Quoting Friday:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting kailu1835:

Completely ridiculous.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Okay, I just don't see this happening.  I do however see the possiblity of polygamy or marriages with closer familial relations.

Polygamy I'm fine with, as long as all are consenting adults not 13 yr olds forced to marry 60 yr olds.

A number of states already allow marriage to first cousins. I don't care for the incest thing but don't have a good argument against, so let em.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)