Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I am bored and since this was mentioned in another abortion post... >.

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM
  • 117 Replies
2 moms liked this

Someone mentioned violence against clinics and the like. There have been a few instances of pro life groups protesting clinics that do not offer abortions. Not that they make news. 

Anyway, here, read these.

Anthrax threats  Wait.. they are threatening to send Anthrax to a clinic??? Holy Hel, I remember how sick my husband was after his vaccination..

Butyric Acid attacks Ouch

Arsons and Bombings I thought people were taught not to play with fire... 

Murders and Shootings Most recent one was 2009... 

Now, I know not all pro life peeps are violent. however, violent language (while not condoned) is not as bad as the violence show above.

Neither should be happening, because it makes both sides look like fools

Come join us at CafeWho! Click the siggie!

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM
6 moms liked this
Doing violence to... Stop what you consider violence is like saying that more guns solves gun problems!

Seriously, I just have a hard time with the overall pro life movement it is so hypocritical and self serving and does not one ounce of good.

I've seen hard core pro lifers on here defend the murder of Dr. Tiller and praise god that a woman lost her life in an abortion attempt. I've seen women on here bragging that they harass vulnerable people daily. It's disgusting.

I will never condone any pro choice people who are violent or inappropriate but it isn't nearly as prevalent as the pro life movement in general.
JTROX
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Abortion is violent.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting JTROX:

Abortion is violent.

soooo, that makes shooting people, tossing acid at them, bombing and setting fire to clinics ok?

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I agree.. I want to give them some credit, but even reading what is put on here, makes it hard. 

Quoting Momniscient:

Doing violence to... Stop what you consider violence is like saying that more guns solves gun problems!

Seriously, I just have a hard time with the overall pro life movement it is so hypocritical and self serving and does not one ounce of good.

I've seen hard core pro lifers on here defend the murder of Dr. Tiller and praise god that a woman lost her life in an abortion attempt. I've seen women on here bragging that they harass vulnerable people daily. It's disgusting.

I will never condone any pro choice people who are violent or inappropriate but it isn't nearly as prevalent as the pro life movement in general.

JTROX
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope, not at all.

Just pointing out the fact that pro-choicers support a woman's right to have a violent act committed on another human being.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting JTROX:

Abortion is violent.

soooo, that makes shooting people, tossing acid at them, bombing and setting fire to clinics ok?

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:58 AM
3 moms liked this
I honestly get working for your church to counsel young ladies (counsel not harangue!) and working in crisis centers or helping to provide adoption services. I get being passionate and working for educational services and using compassion to help women. That's cool.

The overall movement missed the compassion mark by ten miles and sailed right into self serving self righteous jerkdom. They hurt far more than they help. Literally.

Quoting Sekirei:

I agree.. I want to give them some credit, but even reading what is put on here, makes it hard. 

Quoting Momniscient:

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

No one answered this in another post, so, because of your answer, i will pose you this question.

If you wish for people to respect your views and beliefs... why is it that you can't (or won't) respect others?

There are quite a few paths that do not believe that there is another human until they take their first breath. Even in the bible, a baby is technically not 'worth' anything until a month old (Old Testament)

Quoting JTROX:

Nope, not at all.

Just pointing out the fact that pro-choicers support a woman's right to have a violent act committed on another human being.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting JTROX:

Abortion is violent.

JTROX
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't answer your question, because I do not believe I have been disrespectful.  Help me out.  Where have I been disrespectful?  

It is a human being.  It not, please, do tell, what life form is it?

Quoting Sekirei:

No one answered this in another post, so, because of your answer, i will pose you this question.

If you wish for people to respect your views and beliefs... why is it that you can't (or won't) respect others?

There are quite a few paths that do not believe that there is another human until they take their first breath. Even in the bible, a baby is technically not 'worth' anything until a month old (Old Testament)

Quoting JTROX:

Nope, not at all.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting JTROX:

Abortion is violent.

Lizardannie1966
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Unfortunately there are many in the Pro Life camp who believe in an eye for an eye when it comes to women who are legally choosing (or considering) to abort.

Like I wrote in a different abortion thread here in this group, some of the Pro Life set are insane. There really isn't another way to describe it.

Those that would make threats like that or even support as well as excuse those threats from afar sincerely need mental health evaluations.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Do you think that abortion should be illegal? If you do and are working  towards that end, then you are not respecting another person's beliefs. No one can  (or should) force you to have an abortion... but to force someone to carry a pregnancy they do not want is just as bad as forcing an abortion. 

and potential to be a human... *shrugs* 

Quoting JTROX:

I can't answer your question, because I do not believe I have been disrespectful.  Help me out.  Where have I been disrespectful?  

It is a human being.  It not, please, do tell, what life form is it?

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting JTROX:

Nope, not at all.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting JTROX:

Abortion is violent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)