Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I am bored and since this was mentioned in another abortion post... >.

Posted by   + Show Post

Someone mentioned violence against clinics and the like. There have been a few instances of pro life groups protesting clinics that do not offer abortions. Not that they make news. 

Anyway, here, read these.

Anthrax threats  Wait.. they are threatening to send Anthrax to a clinic??? Holy Hel, I remember how sick my husband was after his vaccination..

Butyric Acid attacks Ouch

Arsons and Bombings I thought people were taught not to play with fire... 

Murders and Shootings Most recent one was 2009... 

Now, I know not all pro life peeps are violent. however, violent language (while not condoned) is not as bad as the violence show above.

Neither should be happening, because it makes both sides look like fools

Come join us at CafeWho! Click the siggie!

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
JTROX
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I don't have to agree with someone to respect them.

I have respect for all of the humans involved.  Not just the woman.  I have respect for the unborn, the woman, and the father.  

If it is not a human form, then what form is it?  What is it before it reaches it's "potential"?

Quoting Sekirei:

Do you think that abortion should be illegal? If you do and are working  towards that end, then you are not respecting another person's beliefs. No one can  (or should) force you to have an abortion... but to force someone to carry a pregnancy they do not want is just as bad as forcing an abortion. 

and potential to be a human... *shrugs* 

Quoting JTROX:

I can't answer your question, because I do not believe I have been disrespectful.  Help me out.  Where have I been disrespectful?  

It is a human being.  It not, please, do tell, what life form is it?

Quoting Sekirei:

No one answered this in another post, so, because of your answer, i will pose you this question.

If you wish for people to respect your views and beliefs... why is it that you can't (or won't) respect others?

There are quite a few paths that do not believe that there is another human until they take their first breath. Even in the bible, a baby is technically not 'worth' anything until a month old (Old Testament)

Quoting JTROX:

Nope, not at all.

Just pointing out the fact that pro-choicers support a woman's right to have a violent act committed on another human being.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting JTROX:

Abortion is violent.

soooo, that makes shooting people, tossing acid at them, bombing and setting fire to clinics ok?

candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Who on here defended the murder of Dr. Tiller or praised God that a woman lost her life in an abortion attempt?   I dont' know one prolifer that would do that.

Quoting Momniscient:

Doing violence to... Stop what you consider violence is like saying that more guns solves gun problems!

Seriously, I just have a hard time with the overall pro life movement it is so hypocritical and self serving and does not one ounce of good.

I've seen hard core pro lifers on here defend the murder of Dr. Tiller and praise god that a woman lost her life in an abortion attempt. I've seen women on here bragging that they harass vulnerable people daily. It's disgusting.

I will never condone any pro choice people who are violent or inappropriate but it isn't nearly as prevalent as the pro life movement in general.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh of course not Candle. Never you.
You wouldn't know anyone like that or be one of the worst offenders.

Quoting candlegal:

Who on here defended the murder of Dr. Tiller or praised God that a woman lost her life in an abortion attempt?   I dont' know one prolifer that would do that.

Quoting Momniscient:

Doing violence to... Stop what you consider violence is like saying that more guns solves gun problems!

Seriously, I just have a hard time with the overall pro life movement it is so hypocritical and self serving and does not one ounce of good.

I've seen hard core pro lifers on here defend the murder of Dr. Tiller and praise god that a woman lost her life in an abortion attempt. I've seen women on here bragging that they harass vulnerable people daily. It's disgusting.

I will never condone any pro choice people who are violent or inappropriate but it isn't nearly as prevalent as the pro life movement in general.

candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Never mind, I realized a couple of years ago it is not possible to have a civil conversation with you.

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting Momniscient:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my dear. I'm sorry but you ARE the epitome of the movement of which I speak.

Quoting candlegal:

Never mind, I realized a couple of years ago it is not possible to have a civil conversation with you.

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting Momniscient:

JTROX
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM

?

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I'd rather a woman choose abortion than have a baby starve or be tortured.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM
So that must justify violence against born people?

Quoting JTROX:

Abortion is violent.

JTROX
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Nope.  Absolutely not.

Just pointing out the reality of the situation.

Quoting Momniscient:

So that must justify violence against born people?

Quoting JTROX:

Abortion is violent.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
It is the makeup if what could be, no more than that. However, we don't need to agree on it. All that needs to happen is for everyone to stop worrying about what another person decides for themselves in the medical sense

Quoting JTROX:

I don't have to agree with someone to respect them.

I have respect for all of the humans involved.  Not just the woman.  I have respect for the unborn, the woman, and the father.  

If it is not a human form, then what form is it?  What is it before it reaches it's "potential"?

Quoting Sekirei:

Do you think that abortion should be illegal? If you do and are working  towards that end, then you are not respecting another person's beliefs. No one can  (or should) force you to have an abortion... but to force someone to carry a pregnancy they do not want is just as bad as forcing an abortion. 

and potential to be a human... *shrugs* 

Quoting JTROX:

I can't answer your question, because I do not believe I have been disrespectful.  Help me out.  Where have I been disrespectful?  

It is a human being.  It not, please, do tell, what life form is it?

Quoting Sekirei:

No one answered this in another post, so, because of your answer, i will pose you this question.

If you wish for people to respect your views and beliefs... why is it that you can't (or won't) respect others?

There are quite a few paths that do not believe that there is another human until they take their first breath. Even in the bible, a baby is technically not 'worth' anything until a month old (Old Testament)

Quoting JTROX:

Nope, not at all.

Just pointing out the fact that pro-choicers support a woman's right to have a violent act committed on another human being.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting JTROX:

Abortion is violent.

soooo, that makes shooting people, tossing acid at them, bombing and setting fire to clinics ok?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)