Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Seattle gay pride participants viciously beat Christian street preacher (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

SEATTLE, WA, July 4, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A street preacher was repeatedly punched in the head and kicked by two men at Seattle’s Pridefest this past Sunday – and the entire confrontation was caught on camera. 

In disturbing video footage uploaded on Youtube and reported by Seattle’s KOMO news, two Christian street preachers can be seen standing on a grassy area. One of the preachers holds a sign that says “Jesus saves and heals,” and “Repent or else,” while the other holds a Bible. 

At the beginning of the video a large man approaches the two preachers angrily, while another woman repeatedly shoves the man carrying the Bible and demands that the two men leave.

The situation continues to heat up, until at one point a number of people attempt to snatch the sign away from the sign-wielding preacher.  When one man succeeds, a melee ensues in which the angry man seen at the beginning of the video runs at and punches the preacher in the head several times while another kicks him repeatedly. Others attempted to break up the fight. 

Police arrested 36-year-old Jason Queree, who is suspected of being the main attacker. Queree reportedly has a long history of arrests and convictions for a wide variety of criminal behavior. A second suspect was also arrested.

WARNING: The video is full of profanity and shows disturbing violence. Viewer discretion advised. The extreme violence commences at 2:35 into the video.

The incident is reminiscent of an episode that took place at last year's Toronto Pride Parade, also caught on video, where a street preacher was surrounded by a mob of angry pride marchers. However, in that case the police took the side of the pride participants, telling the street preacher, "You're promoting hate." The police ultimately compelled David Lynn and his team from Christ’s Forgiveness Ministries to leave the area and stop preaching.

The Seattle attack is another example in an increasing string of violence by homosexual activists.  

Last August, it was only thanks to the heroic actions of a security guard at the Family Research Council that a gay activist intent on killing employees at the organization was stopped in his deadly assault. 

This past January a group of Brazilian Catholics who gathered to march through the streets of Curitiba in the state of Parana to protest abortion and homosexual ideology were harassed, spat upon, and physically assaulted by a mob.

In April the head of the Catholic Church in Belgium, Archbishop Andre-Joseph Leonard, remained calmly seated with eyes closed in prayer as four topless lesbian activists attacked him with shouts and curses and doused him with water. 

Last April, a group calling itself “Angry Queers” claimed responsibility for throwing baseball-sized rocks through nine church windows in Portland’s Mars Hill Church, known for its traditional marriage stance. 

source

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
And once again, no idea what free speech actually means.

Quoting candlegal:

That is what many think.   Free speech is only acceptable if it agrees with them.

Quoting twogirl91:

So it's okay to be gay and scream it out, but it's not okay to do the same with a belief.... o.O

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 12hellokitty:

I see you are only concerned about kids if they are molested by priests.  The gay community had no problem with NAMBLA marching in pride parades until they realized it wasn't helping with their agenda.  I'm sure it wont belong before the GLBT community works them back in.  

Quoting jessilin0113:

I literally have no idea what you are talking about.  Why on earth are you coming to that conclusion?  I don't see what NAMBLA has to do with my post and I don't see how asking you to clarify means I don't care about molestation.  

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Figure's you have no concern for the boys who have been victims of molestation widely accepted by the gay community in the 1970-90's.  

Quoting jessilin0113:

Why? I'm not understanding the relevance.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Perhaps we should look into Seattle's gay pride involvement with NAMBLA.......

Quoting jessilin0113:

Yeah, you know catholic priests molesting kids is never a blight on the organization itself, but a few isolated incidents of violence at pride events is cause for mass hysteria.

In all seriousness,i never condone violence, and wish this hadn't have happened. I'm glad they caught one of the guys and how they catch anybody else involved.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

How many people attended the pride event? Seems only about 5 were unruly...

So approx 1% of the people that attended this event reacted badly and criminally to the hate speech ....but you are using them as an indicator of the gay pride crowd?

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Not when you're being an asshole and shoving that belief down people's throats.

Quoting twogirl91:

So it's okay to be gay and scream it out, but it's not okay to do the same with a belief.... o.O

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I AM SherLOCKED!

LOVE that show.  Can't wait until the latest season is on Netflix.  #withdrawls

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

I see you are only concerned about kids if they are molested by priests.  The gay community had no problem with NAMBLA marching in pride parades until they realized it wasn't helping with their agenda.  I'm sure it wont belong before the GLBT community works them back in.  

Quoting jessilin0113:

I literally have no idea what you are talking about.  Why on earth are you coming to that conclusion?  I don't see what NAMBLA has to do with my post and I don't see how asking you to clarify means I don't care about molestation.  

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Figure's you have no concern for the boys who have been victims of molestation widely accepted by the gay community in the 1970-90's.  

Quoting jessilin0113:

Why? I'm not understanding the relevance.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Perhaps we should look into Seattle's gay pride involvement with NAMBLA.......

Quoting jessilin0113:

Yeah, you know catholic priests molesting kids is never a blight on the organization itself, but a few isolated incidents of violence at pride events is cause for mass hysteria.

In all seriousness,i never condone violence, and wish this hadn't have happened. I'm glad they caught one of the guys and how they catch anybody else involved.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

How many people attended the pride event? Seems only about 5 were unruly...

So approx 1% of the people that attended this event reacted badly and criminally to the hate speech ....but you are using them as an indicator of the gay pride crowd?

~"Free the child's potential, and you will transform both the child and the world."

Dr. Maria Montessori~

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Well, maybe the preacher should've kept his bullshit to himself at a GAY PRIDE event. Was violence the answer? No. It never is. But, that doesn't excuse how the preacher instigated shit.
katy_kay08
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:26 AM

sounds like the guy they arrested is a real peach: 

UPDATE: Jason Queree, the man suspected of punching the protester multiple times, has been arrested 29 times since 1995. He has been convicted or otherwise found against for nine felonies, including forgery, stolen property, unlawful firearm possession and theft, and 12 misdemeanors, including driving with a suspended license, vehicle prowl, domestic violence, assault, DUI and criminal trespass.

http://www.komonews.com/news/crime/Video-shows-crowd-attacking-religious-protesters-at-Pridefest-214151861.html

fivegirls333
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

viciously beat?  you sound crazier and crazier with every post.  why would you put out such an untrue and hateful post?  it was two people...and nothing happened.  i am so thankful that i had the loving, humbled, thankful, gracious, and generous of heart, mother that i did.  i know that she is high-fiving Jesus everyday.  she waited everyday of her life to meet her saviour.  i will keep you in prayer and hope that some "new" Christian's take you with a grain of crazy salt and don't stay away from church because of people like you.

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RandRMomma:

Well, maybe the preacher should've kept his bullshit to himself at a GAY PRIDE event. Was violence the answer? No. It never is. But, that doesn't excuse how the preacher instigated shit.

So the next time the Clown nuns show up at a Mass, or one of the many organizations that protest the Vatican, you'll point out how they are in the wrong?  

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I am unaware of these things as they don't pertain to my life.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what actually goes down.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting RandRMomma:

So the next time the Clown nuns show up at a Mass, or one of the many organizations that protest the Vatican, you'll point out how they are in the wrong?  

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

The big guy was obviously drunk.  The woman who abandoned her child in the stroller to get up in the middle of was drinking too.  They looked like people just taking advanatge of the the party atmosphere. 

The man's sign wasn't as bad as some I've seen.  Just warnings about what buying into popular culture can do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)