Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Seattle gay pride participants viciously beat Christian street preacher (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

SEATTLE, WA, July 4, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A street preacher was repeatedly punched in the head and kicked by two men at Seattle’s Pridefest this past Sunday – and the entire confrontation was caught on camera. 

In disturbing video footage uploaded on Youtube and reported by Seattle’s KOMO news, two Christian street preachers can be seen standing on a grassy area. One of the preachers holds a sign that says “Jesus saves and heals,” and “Repent or else,” while the other holds a Bible. 

At the beginning of the video a large man approaches the two preachers angrily, while another woman repeatedly shoves the man carrying the Bible and demands that the two men leave.

The situation continues to heat up, until at one point a number of people attempt to snatch the sign away from the sign-wielding preacher.  When one man succeeds, a melee ensues in which the angry man seen at the beginning of the video runs at and punches the preacher in the head several times while another kicks him repeatedly. Others attempted to break up the fight. 

Police arrested 36-year-old Jason Queree, who is suspected of being the main attacker. Queree reportedly has a long history of arrests and convictions for a wide variety of criminal behavior. A second suspect was also arrested.

WARNING: The video is full of profanity and shows disturbing violence. Viewer discretion advised. The extreme violence commences at 2:35 into the video.

The incident is reminiscent of an episode that took place at last year's Toronto Pride Parade, also caught on video, where a street preacher was surrounded by a mob of angry pride marchers. However, in that case the police took the side of the pride participants, telling the street preacher, "You're promoting hate." The police ultimately compelled David Lynn and his team from Christ’s Forgiveness Ministries to leave the area and stop preaching.

The Seattle attack is another example in an increasing string of violence by homosexual activists.  

Last August, it was only thanks to the heroic actions of a security guard at the Family Research Council that a gay activist intent on killing employees at the organization was stopped in his deadly assault. 

This past January a group of Brazilian Catholics who gathered to march through the streets of Curitiba in the state of Parana to protest abortion and homosexual ideology were harassed, spat upon, and physically assaulted by a mob.

In April the head of the Catholic Church in Belgium, Archbishop Andre-Joseph Leonard, remained calmly seated with eyes closed in prayer as four topless lesbian activists attacked him with shouts and curses and doused him with water. 

Last April, a group calling itself “Angry Queers” claimed responsibility for throwing baseball-sized rocks through nine church windows in Portland’s Mars Hill Church, known for its traditional marriage stance. 

source

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Replies (321-327):
SRUsarahSC
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Several people assaulted the preacher and stole his sign. The profane angry woman had spit coming out of her mouth as she got in his face (while he tried to walk away, mind you).  Several were punching including the one guy with glasses.

I looked into your religion--it's very "new"--let's see how you fare after as many years as the Catholic church...also, it was consistently referred to by websites (except for the ones it runs) as a cult...so I'll stick with mine.

Quoting Aestas:

That percentage is just as high or higher if you take the whole world into account.

Watch the video again. Only one person assaulted the preachers, and he was arrested. The other guy who was yelling "hit me again" did not hit the preachers; he was hit by one of them who was trying to get away from the one attacker. The others were trying to pull the fight apart.

You asked me for an example of a religion that "gets it right." I gave you one.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

US statistics. I used World.  And there was more than one person in that video attacking or did you not bother to watch it?  OH SO YOU BELONG TO THE ONLY PERFECT RELIGION IN THE WORLD, I TOTALLY BELIEVE YOU!!!! I AM CONVERTING RIGHT NOW!

Quoting Aestas:

Actually, according to this study commissioned by the US Bishops National Review Board, 4% of Catholic Priests in the US have been accused of molesting children. This number is likely an underestimation, since it relied on self-reporting by US dioceses and was commissioned by the very people who have the strongest interest in minimizing the scandal.

The Seattle Pridefest had more than 250,000 participants. One out of 250,000 is 0.0004%. One single man (who wasn't even gay) attacked the preachers, and he has been arrested, as he should be. I cannot say the same for all of the Catholic priests who sexually abused vulnerable children.

There are many religions that have managed to avoid abusing or persecuting others. For example, I am Unitarian Universalist. UUs have never had any kind of abuse scandal, they have never been involved in persecuting members of others faiths, they have never orchestrated witch hunts, crusades, or inquisitions, and the faith does not participate in activities designed to limit others' rights or spread hateful messages about any group of people.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Your child is more likely to be molested by a member of your own family than a priest.  It was not many, many priests that did this. The church as a whole is being judge by the actions of less than 1%....same as this pride event is being judged by the actions of 1%....but that's OK because it's a gay pride parade, right?  And please tell me of a religion that NEVR got it wrong?

packermomof2
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Quoting Aestas:

Wrong. Gay marriage does affect my life. LGBT rights are very closely linked with women's rights. Homophobia and misogyny stem from the same gendered oppression. Both serve to try to keep everyone in carefully policed gender roles. LGBT people are often perceived as defying these roles and upsetting the system of power with their very existence, which is precisely why they're hated so much. Every step forward for LGBT rights is equally a step forward for women's rights because of the shared origins of LGBT and women's oppression.

So, sure, I care about my LGBT friends and want them to have rights because it's the right thing to do, but there's also a more immediate, selfish, and personal motive: supporting their rights means supporting my own rights.

As a woman, it absolutely affects me.

I'm a woman.  I don't feel it affects me.  You do.  Therefore we will form our opinions based on that. Just as others will do.  So, you support what you like and it would be nice if others stopped getting all righteously indignant when others do the same and it isn't in the manner with which they agree.
packermomof2
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Quoting copasetic1:

bigots always take things, twist them up, and label the group/s they hate.

Is that not what those who believe that everyone should be supportive are doing?  Insulting, callng others bigots as well as other names (I've seen religous zealots, homophobes ... why is it okay to twist "I disagree and will not support this" to "you must have an extreme fear of homosexuality you bigot"...

How many who disagree are actually treating others with the hatred  and intolerance that is being spewed at them for disagreeing with homosexuality? 

adeber1
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Would you consider someone opposed to interracial marriage a bigot? I know I do. So how is opposing gay marriage any different from opposing interracial marriage?

There is no difference....interracial marriage used to be illegal. It was considered a threat to traditional marriage and the Bible was more often than not cited as justification for keeping it illegal. Shoot I have family members who still believe the Bible says mixing the races is a sin and then there is usually a reference to people not being unequally yoked. They don't think they're bigots, just good Christians following the teachings of the Bible. I can attest to the fact that they're not hateful. They just think racial mixing is a sin and should be illegal. By most people's definition though they are bigots.

Quoting packermomof2:

Quoting copasetic1:

Is that not what those who believe that everyone should be supportive are doing?  Insulting, callng others bigots as well as other names (I've seen religous zealots, homophobes ... why is it okay to twist "I disagree and will not support this" to "you must have an extreme fear of homosexuality you bigot"...

How many who disagree are actually treating others with the hatred  and intolerance that is being spewed at them for disagreeing with homosexuality? 

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Refute it

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

1. Wikkipedia is a reliable source??? LOL!!!

2.  I never made a specific comment about YOUR family. I said STATISTICALLY SPEAKING your child (or anyone's child) is at more risk from a member of their own family than from a priest. I could not have been more clear on this.  

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

My statement about the church policy is accurate

Your disgusting statement about my family reveals the type of person you are

You should read it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

please yourself. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less true.  And you made no specific mentions, you made a blanket statement FYI.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I have to refute Wikkipedia??? I have printwork on the matter but nothing I can "google" for you, so you can "win" this one for your google ability of Wikkipedia. You can look up information on Cardinal Wuerl, then bishop of Pittsburgh when the scandal came to light, for one example of a diocese NOT covering it up, NOT relocating priests etc. Also, if you read your own info from Wikkipedia you would see that the stats for the men in the church, by the numbers, are on par for the level of abuse amongst all men, and per "wikkipedia" relatives are most likely to abuse children, so you can use your "source" to learn more about that if you wish.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Refute it

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

1. Wikkipedia is a reliable source??? LOL!!!

2.  I never made a specific comment about YOUR family. I said STATISTICALLY SPEAKING your child (or anyone's child) is at more risk from a member of their own family than from a priest. I could not have been more clear on this.  

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

My statement about the church policy is accurate

Your disgusting statement about my family reveals the type of person you are

You should read it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

please yourself. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less true.  And you made no specific mentions, you made a blanket statement FYI.

copasetic1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:09 PM

By this reasoning, every battle for freedom is just another form of bigotry. Civil rights, Gandhi, Mandela, etc. It is accurate to call someone a bigot when they want to oppress a whole group of people for being what they are. In simpler terms, calling a bigot a bigot is not bigotry. It is a tenet of conservative christians that the LGBT community is evil and should not be allowed the same rights as others. That is bigotry in action.

Quoting packermomof2:

Quoting copasetic1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN