Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ted Nugent says he's seriously considering run for president

Posted by   + Show Post
Ted Nugent listens as President Barack Obama delivers his State of the Union address before a joint session of Congress February 12 in Washington, D.C. (Mark Wilson/Getty Images)

Rock singer and gun-rights advocate Ted Nugent says he is seriously considering a run for president in 2016.

The part-time Michigan resident makes the revelation in a lengthy Washington Post profile in which he also claims to be toying with a potential campaign slogan: “Hi, I’m Ted Nugent. I have nine children from seven women, and I’m running for president.”

Nugent, also known as the Motor City Madman, has previously considered running for governor of Michigan, but decided against it. He has a hunting ranch in Jackson County and a cabin in Lake County, but his full-time residence is in Texas near Waco.

“He’s talked about it before,” wife Shemane told the Post about a presidential campaign. “But this time he seems more serious. People are constantly asking him to run.”

Nugent called President Barack Obama “the ultimate scam artist” after his February State of the Union address. The Michigan native was a State of the Union guest of U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman, a Texas Republican who also is a former Metro Detroiter. He used his visit to the Capitol to criticize gun control measures.

“I’m in the belly of the beast,” Nugent told The Detroit News during his Capitol visit, “where bureaucrats and deceptive wranglers have incrementally chipped away at the American dream.”

Nugent defended guns rights and opined on other issues as a contributor to the Michigan View, a now-defunct online conservative commentary website for The Detroit News.

Nugent was in the national spotlight during last year’s presidential election when he told the National Rifle Association’s annual convention in St. Louis, “if Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”

The comments resulted in the Secret Service questioning Nugent and then pronouncing the issue resolved without further action.

Nugent admits in the Post piece that he doesn’t think he would win the presidency. But it doesn’t keep him from sharing his opinions.

“Things are just so wrong in the country now,” Nugent told the Post. “And I know that my answers would make things wonderful, unless you just refuse to produce, and then I’d recommend that you move to Canada. Or Illinois.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130703/ENT09/307030101

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Replies (51-56):
Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Gross. My husband would be thrilled if Uncle Ted ran. I would be, too. His campain would end the gop, and it would be hilarious.
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Ted Nugent-NRA-guns-president

Della529
by Matlock on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM

He's not a Conservative in the classical sense.  But I believe a number of people in this country, and in this forum, would vote for him because they truly believe he represents them an their pov.

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Quoting Della529:

He's not a Conservative in the classical sense.  But I believe a number of people in this country, and in this forum, would vote for him because they truly believe he represents them an their pov.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM
No kidding. It would be epic. And I never use that word.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Hahahaaha oh please please let this happen. I want to see him campaigning. Just think of how funny.

Think of the comedy. Stewart, Colbert and Maher would be epic covering a Nuge campaign.

I have to check my recordings to see if John Oliver mentioned this at all.

heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Okay. lol

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured