Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Man arrested after breaking INTO a prison.....

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm pretty sure this guy is doing it wrong. You're supposed to break out, not in. LOL

Man incarcerated after attempting to break into Allegheny County Jail

July 5, 2013 8:27 pm

Share with others:

By Lexi Belculfine / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

In the end, Deuene Hickman got where he was trying to go.

After trying to break into -- yes, into -- the Allegheny County Jail on Thursday night, the 73-year-old from Crawford-Roberts was arrested and lodged in that very building.

At about 10:10 p.m. on Independence Day, Mr. Hickman followed the jail nurse into an employee entrance area that was fenced-in, with signs warning against trespassing, county police Officer Keith McGann wrote in a criminal complaint.

The nurse alerted police that Mr. Hickman had tried to enter the jail by following her in, Officer McGann said.

When Sgt. William Slaby approached Mr. Hickman, he took an aggressive stance and moved at the sergeant. Sgt. Slaby and Sgt. Jonathan Piendel then brought the man to the ground and handcuffed him, Officer McGann said.

While searching Mr. Hickman, Sgt. Casey Miller discovered two knives tucked in his waistband and noticed a strong odor of alcohol on Mr. Hickman and his breath, Officer McGann said.

Mr. Hickman faces charges of criminal trespass, aggravated assault, disorderly conduct, recklessly endangering another person, weapon possession, defiant trespass and public drunkenness.

He was being held in the jail on $10,000 bail and awaits a July 15 preliminary hearing.

Lexi Belculfine: lbelculfine@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1878. Twitter: @LexiBelc.
First Published July 5, 2013 8:26 pm

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-city/man-incarcerated-after-attempting-to-break-into-allegheny-county-jail-694418/#ixzz2YDys8goQ

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I wonder if he was homeless.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Interesting,.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting stormcris:

The story doesn't really say why he did it. You'd think that'd be the first question they'd ask. I saw nothing about this on our local TV news, just this story, so it's kinda weird. 

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Perhaps at some point they will do an update on this.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting stormcris:

The story doesn't really say why he did it. You'd think that'd be the first question they'd ask. I saw nothing about this on our local TV news, just this story, so it's kinda weird. 

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I hope so. 

Quoting stormcris:

Perhaps at some point they will do an update on this.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting stormcris:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)