Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question for the religious...

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 112 Replies

If science found a way to make humans immortal, how would that affect your beliefs in the afterlife?

Sherri

Imagine.

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM

BUMP!

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think immortality is a possibility...

Even for science.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snookyfritz
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM

It's not conceivable to me that that would happen.  We are made for the afterlife.

heavenV
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I will worry about that later when it actually happen I guess... I cant answer this question right now...
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:17 PM

bump

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM
3 moms liked this
Interested to see the replies
PurdueMom
by Sherri on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I can't help but feel you are avoiding my question.  With religious belief, sometimes rational thought is suspended and left to faith.  Can none of you just play along and answer the question in a similar fashion?

What if science one day discovers what causes aging and all disease, and there is no more natural death?

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Science would not change my beliefs. I have to ask you though, if human were immortal, would we stop breeding and reproducing? What happens when the earth becomes overpopulated if we do not stop breeding? Do we just use up all the resources? What about murder and crime and starvation? would we still age?

shannonnigans
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I tried this one time. Asked how tomorrow would be different for you if you found out definitively that there wasn't a god. Nobody would answer it. Maybe you'll have better luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snookyfritz
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not conceivable and I know it would never happen. 

Quoting PurdueMom:

I can't help but feel you are avoiding my question.  With religious belief, sometimes rational thought is suspended and left to faith.  Can none of you just play along and answer the question in a similar fashion?

What if science one day discovers what causes aging and all disease, and there is no more natural death?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured