Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

‘I Believe That the Government Should Use the Death Penalty’ on Homosexuals

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 33 Replies

WARNING: Irish callers use explicit language!

Christian Pastor: ‘I Believe That the Government Should Use the Death Penalty’ on Homosexuals

Fundamentalist Pastor Steven Anderson of the Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona recently appeared on an Irish radio show. I’m not sure what the expectation was, but the host spoke with him for over an hour — with callers — and Anderson found a way to piss off just about everyone.

Here are some of the highlights:

17:50: Anderson talks about the social order in his household:

If you want to go home and have your wife boss you around and lord over you, I’ll tolerate you doing that. But that’s not the way it’s going to be in my house, because I’m actually a real man who actually is in charge in my home, and I’m not an effeminate man who lets my wife boss me around and tell me what to do, like most men are becoming today, unfortunately.

39:05: Someone asks what the pastor would do if he came home, wanted sex, and his wife said no:

Well, the Bible clearly teaches in 1 Corinthians 7 that, actually, it is wrong for a wife to refuse sex to her husband, but it also teaches… the opposite, that it’s wrong for a husband to refuse to have sex with his wife. So that’s actually a two-way street… so when it comes to the bedroom, the Bible teaches that it’s not right for either party to deny the other

51:00: The host asks Anderson what he thinks about homosexuality:

Well, the Bible actually teaches that gays should be executed… now, I’m not saying that I would ever kill anyone, because I never would, but I believe that the government should use the death penalty on murderers, rapists, homosexuals, and… that’s what the Bible teaches very clearly.

1:04:16: After the host blasts Anderson for taking the Bible too literally:

Nothing in the Bible has been proven not to be true. And I’ve been alive for 31 years and everything I’ve ever seen just proves that the Bible is true…

That last one’s followed by a hilarious debate on Creationism during which Anderson claims that finding fossils of dinosaurs proves the Bible is true because dinosaurs appear in the Bible…

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I believe he'd be more happier in some of the more undeveloped countries..and 31 yr old? Please inform me of your ways wise old man...pbbbt

i.m.r.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Wow... Terrifying as ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Some people are just sick in the head, golly.

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I don't see how some chrisitian fundies cant see this is the same as some of the laws that extreme countries use, the same extreme people they we are fighting. it makes no sense.

Donna6503
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
It's pretty bad when "you" could make the WBC look like the "good guys" when compared you.

SMH
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Wow....

Not only does he want all homosexuals to die...

He also wants his wife to do everything he says, keep her mouth shut & her legs open. Got it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this

funny, someone was claiming on here the other day that there are no christians who think this way. 

blue123244
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM

He hasn't read the bible - cause incest is ok too if it is to preserve the family line, men can have many wives and concubines,  masturbation is against the teachings of the bible and a whole lot of nonsense - and contradictory statements and have you noticed that it's not ok to envy another man's wife but there is nothing about rape in the ten commandments?  Anyway Westboro should lose their tax exempt status because they are a hate group, not a church, just like the KKK

LectioDivina
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM

So he would choose to follow Jesus by mongering for murder?

newmomphilly1
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow!!!!! Don't you all feel bad for "pastor" wife? I can just here the convo after dinner. "Sir May I read to the children ? NO! Now get in here and service me." I'm the man!!!! In my pastor voice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured