Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's the first day of sequester for a lot of us. Anyone else wondering how they are going to pay bills on a check that will drop by over $500.00 a pay period until the end of the summer?

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Replies (91-93):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

dontcha just love the brainwashed!

Quoting punky3175:

You should gain a better understanding of how the government works. The President can not just enact a budget. He bluffed with the sequester talk and CONGRESS (both parties and both houses) called his bluff. They refuse (both parties in both houses) to compromise.

Quoting SherryBerry106:

If you mean the Democrat controlled Senate, they may hold some blame, very little though.

Barack Obama commissioned Alan Simpson and Erskine Bowles to hammer out a deal to avoid the sequester, BHO, took their work and told them to piss off.

He wanted a sequester.

He can take money and redistribute it the way he wants.

You should wake up, it would honestly be to your benefit.

Quoting punky3175:

No - it's Congress. They are unwilling to compromise and do what's best for this country and it's citizens.

Quoting SherryBerry106:

It's not "the asshats"

It is Barack Obama and his former budget director Lew.

The federal government is spending more this year than last, they are taking it from you and  buying votes for 2014.

Quoting prommy:

Quoting Sisteract:

My husband's job was eliminated in April- he did find another job within the org, at the same level and has since been promoted.

In May, my employer eliminated 9 positions, mine included. Thankfully I had 2 jobs...now they call everyday to see if I am available to help them out.

Welcome to the reality of most people.

My husband's reality is that he has served in the military for 36 years and his thank you is that he is furloughed. This isn't about who hurts the most, it's about those asshats in Washington who care so little for the people they supposedly represent  that they caused this. This doesn't just affect those of us who lose up to 20% of our income, it follows the path to all of the people who will not be receiving money from the hundreds of thousands of furloughed families. No vacations, less groceries, in short retailers throughout the U.S. along with the employees they are forced to lay off because of the loss of shoppers will have a nationwide effect.

LiliM
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:28 AM
I find it disgusting that the Congress that was okay with this will not be affected in any way by it.

Assholes.

The sad thing is that my Rep, who is totally fine with this and has had the nerve to tell me the country must make sacrifices together will be reelected. And we are in an area that is heavily military and government employees.

I agree with a PP who said vote them all out.
momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM

We're seeing what's left of our civilian work force take either Mondays or Fridays off.  Yet the workflow remains the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured