Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Is George Zimmerman getting a chance a trial for murder or self defense? EDIT

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 228 Replies
9 moms liked this

This makes no sense to me. It's pretty cut & dry.

1. He followed a young man, who was un-armed.

2. He called the non-emergency number to report the guy as being on drugs or up to no good

3. The kid was innocent walking home, doing NOTHING wrong. minding his own business.

4. The non-emergency dispatcher instructed George to STOP followin the kid, George DID NOT stop following the kid.

5. The kid ends up dead, from a gun shot from Georges gun.

George provoked all of this. He followed the kid, he had the gun. He kept following the kid, even after being told NOT to. The kid was doing NOTHING wrong. Why isn't this man behind bars convicted of murder already?

I get that we are allowed a fair trial. but this one makes no sense to me at all. This child would be alive if this man would have stopped follwing him and let the police check things out first.

I really don't care if the child did approach this man, this man was following him and scaring the hell out of him.

I pray they lock this man up for a long time.

All this teaches anyone is that you can follow someone and then shoot them and claim self defense.

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM
4 moms liked this

You haven't been keeping up with the trial have you.  Numbers 1-4 above are not against the law.  The prosecution was not able to show Zimmerman started the physical altercation, nor were they able to show he did not act in self-defense...they were no where in the ballpark of the depraved indifference needed for murder 2.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM
10 moms liked this
The prosecution has presented a case for manslaughter, and the jury has the option to convict GZ of manslaughter. GZ is guilty, and I don't think fond things of anyone that thinks he should get off.

GZ didn't shoot TM in self defense. What people aren't realizing is that two band aids aren't enough to kill someone over.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

You haven't been keeping up with the trial have you.  Numbers 1-4 above are not against the law.  The prosecution was not able to show Zimmerman started the physical altercation, nor were they able to show he did not act in self-defense...they were no where in the ballpark of the depraved indifference needed for murder 2.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM
7 moms liked this
Did he know the teen was unarmed? No.

Did they tell him to STOP following the teen? No. They said they didn't need him to follow him.

If I lived in a neighborhood that had a lot of robberies and I saw someone walking at night in the rain, I'd probably take note of it unless I recognized him. Maybe even drive slowly to see where he's going. Possibly report it to the police.

If someone was following me? I'd be on the phone with 911, not a friend. I'd be walking, or running, to my destination, not confronting the person. TM was very close to where he was going, why confront GZ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MythrylHavoc
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

He was not ordered not to follow him. He was told they didn't need him to do that. Two different things. Dispatchers don't have the authority to give orders.

Could both of them have handled this situation in a better way?Hell yes it would have been much wiser for GZ to introduce himself and explain the breakins in the neighborhood  and present himself in as a non threat. Martin could have just kept on walking home or called the police himself. Its a tragedy that could have been avoided, but according to FL laws as far as the evidence that has been presented goes they do not have enough for a murder 2 conviction.

tanyainmizzou
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this
We live in America.
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM
6 moms liked this
I'll ask the question to the OP.....What do you think should happen to GZ?

Why shouldn't GZ get a trial? Are we just supposed to say, "you shot someone and they died, you're going to jail?" Seriously? No trial, no sentencing, just throw them in jail? Who decides for how long?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lili0509
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

The same reason why Casey Anthony was found innocent. And a kid is in jail for making some dumb remark on fb...........

It makes no sense to me either.

lilbit53009
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM

doesn't make sense to me either...

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Casey Anthony needs to be in prison.

Quoting Lili0509:

The same reason why Casey Anthony was found innocent. And a kid is in jail for making some dumb remark on fb...........

It makes no sense to me either.

_ClearFruit_
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM

That's what I want to know. It's all mess up IMO! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured