Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll for a School Paper

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM
  • 53 Replies

Poll

Question: Are Breasts Sex organs?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 53

View Results

I am doing a sociological paper on Breasts in America to do this paper I have to do a poll. I figured this would be a good site to do it on!

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Do you have a "yes and no" or depends option? Cause my answer can't be yes or no. 

It would be both. 

jehosoba84
by Jenn on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

No, it is not a sex organ. But society has been made to think they are.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I would consider them sex organs because they are required for successful reproduction (feeding the offspring). 

Is this what you are asking?

Neon Washable Paint

Mommabearbergh
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM
What she said

Quoting jehosoba84:

No, it is not a sex organ. But society has been made to think they are.

lazycervix
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I am not shooting for a particular answer. I just want to see what people believe before I start my paper :) But now-days breasts are not needed for successful reproduction thanks to the invention of formula

Quoting NWP:

I would consider them sex organs because they are required for successful reproduction (feeding the offspring). 

lazycervix
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:35 PM

An organ is either a sex organ  or it is not it can not be both 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Do you have a "yes and no" or depends option? Cause my answer can't be yes or no. 

It would be both. 

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM
They are secondary sex characteristics. Other examples would be a mans facial hair, Adams apple, muscular build, etc. For women, breasts, wider hips, feminine features in her face, etc.

In short, breasts are not genitals (sex organs) like a penis, vagina, uterus, scrotum
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Okay. I think I assumed you meant in the sense we see argued all over CM where breasts are concerned. I. That case I will say yes. A sex organ. 

Quoting lazycervix:

An organ is either a sex organ  or it is not it can not be both 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

It would be both. 

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That's true...but the invention of formula doesn't change what breasts are on our bodies to do.

My answer was from a biological perspective, which I think is the most straight forward and simple.

If you are asking from a sociological/psychological perspective, that can be more complicated because of what you said and other things like cultural norms.

Quoting lazycervix:

I am not shooting for a particular answer. I just want to see what people believe before I start my paper :) But now-days breasts are not needed for successful reproduction thanks to the invention of formula

Quoting NWP:

Neon Washable Paint

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Biologically speaking they are. Like NWP said, just because we now have ways other than breasts to feed infants doesn't change the original job breasts were designed for. Just like other sexual organs all play a role in reproduction, therefore I'd say it has to be a sex organ. 

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

They are secondary sex characteristics. Other examples would be a mans facial hair, Adams apple, muscular build, etc. For women, breasts, wider hips, feminine features in her face, etc.

In short, breasts are not genitals (sex organs) like a penis, vagina, uterus, scrotum

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN