Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We Don't need black history month

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM
  • 48 Replies
4 moms liked this

We shouldn't need black history month. We need the history texted to be revised so they are all inclusive. The reason we have black history month is to compensate for the omission of blacks in the history texts. So correct the curriculum. Teach it all year like every other facet in history. You wouldnt need just one month. Why is this a problem?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momaof8
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM

bump   makes sense right?

Anastacia1988
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Um no we don't NEED one
Tag3.0
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I think youre making sense!

coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM
4 moms liked this
Why is BHM such an issue on CM?
momaof8
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM

But common sense for pete sake its 2013 fix the curriculum and  solve the issue.

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Why is BHM such an issue on CM?

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this

coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't think it has to do with omissions it just the moment to recognize African Americans and the importance so many have had to our country and its not limited to Rosa or Dr. MLK jr. As an African American myself I'm thankful that it has existed for so long. Other races appreciate it too ,well those that are open minded. I would never want to do away with Cinco De Mayo even though not everyone understands it or learns about it kwim?
Anastacia1988
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I mean I'm not black but if black people wanna celebrate for a whole month who cares? Lol it's not even like a real holiday or anything.... I never got invited to a black history month party or anything so I don't even think people celebrate it.... There's no black history month card section at the hallmark store haha so what's the beef why do u care?
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO! He's nailed pretty much everything that's been said about BHM on CM and in real life.

Quoting mehamil1:

momtoscott
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM
7 moms liked this

We don't "need" women's history month, poetry month, national library month, Confederate history month, Asian heritage month, Irish heritage month, Haitian heritage month, or a whole bunch of other things that are tacked onto various months, either.  

But during these months, you get cool snippets of information you wouldn't have known otherwise.   Of course, no one is obligating you to pay attention or inform yourself.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured